Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds like someone with a lot of time on his hands...he should probably get a job, or a girlfriend.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.landgrant...to-join-big-ten

And now we have BC over UNC with UVA to B1G. If UVA is out then VT is guaranteed to SEC.

ESPN reported this as well... would effectively make the Big Ten into the Big 16. They also stated that St. Johns and Georgetown has applied to both the ACC and the Big 10.

If the Big 10 goes to 16 teams then it will create a rush of the big boys going to 16 teams this off-season.

The SEC could easily target VTech and NC State... they won't go after FSU or Clemson because they already have a presence in South Carolina and Florida.

The Big 12 would target FSU and Clemson because the Big 12 wants to have parody with the SEC which is its biggest competition.

The PAC could target either the Big East for Boise State, could go after BYU to bring them in, or they could take another run at the B12 and Texas/OU. The PAC is the real wild card in all of this because they can raid the Big East now, and the Big 12.

IF the ACC is gonna need to replace 4 football schools then its obvious that they would take USF, Louisville, Natti, and UConn... if they need 6 schools then they will likely take USF, Louisville, Natti, UConn, and either Temple or UCF.

Exciting times are ahead.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.landgrant...to-join-big-ten

And now we have BC over UNC with UVA to B1G. If UVA is out then VT is guaranteed to SEC.

ESPN reported this as well... would effectively make the Big Ten into the Big 16. They also stated that St. Johns and Georgetown has applied to both the ACC and the Big 10.

If the Big 10 goes to 16 teams then it will create a rush of the big boys going to 16 teams this off-season.

The SEC could easily target VTech and NC State... they won't go after FSU or Clemson because they already have a presence in South Carolina and Florida.

The Big 12 would target FSU and Clemson because the Big 12 wants to have parody with the SEC which is its biggest competition.

The PAC could target either the Big East for Boise State, could go after BYU to bring them in, or they could take another run at the B12 and Texas/OU. The PAC is the real wild card in all of this because they can raid the Big East now, and the Big 12.

IF the ACC is gonna need to replace 4 football schools then its obvious that they would take USF, Louisville, Natti, and UConn... if they need 6 schools then they will likely take USF, Louisville, Natti, UConn, and either Temple or UCF.

Exciting times are ahead.

I don't see how or why people think the PAC12 can raid the Big 12. For one, why on earth would Texas or Oklahoma want to leave a conference they rule over when they can easily just expand the Big 12 and make as much or more money. Plus they now have the more desirable championship game aligned with the SEC, and GOR were signed for the Big 12, making any raid of the Big 12 near impossible. The PAC12 is stuck with trying to get BYU, Boise and the best of the MWC to expand to their 16.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,137

If St Johns applied - Why don't we apply?? Sorry don't know how this works and why we wouldn't.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I think the rule is you don't apply unless you know you'll be accepted? At least that's what I think I've read around here.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If St Johns applied - Why don't we apply?? Sorry don't know how this works and why we wouldn't.

Because it would be stupid to come out and say USF has officially applied to the B12 or ACC. Keep in on the DL and stop overreacting to every piece of news. I'm sure the people in charge at USF are doing everything possible behind closed doors, so they don't make any enemies with current institutions we're affiliated with.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027

I thought our best shot would have been to get the "Academic" schools out of the ACC (UMD/UVA/UNC/Duke) into the Big10. Then, FSU/Clemson (with maybe ND/BYU as well) to Big12 and VaTech/NCSt to SEC would have made sense and left the ACC as BC/UConn/Syr/Temp/Pitt/RU in North, USF/Mia/GaTech/UL/UC/WF in South without the academic snobs to block the new entrants. However, with Rutgers' move, you'd likely have to break up Duke/UNC or leave out one of the Virginia schools in a "Big4" conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,137

Because it would be stupid to come out and say USF has officially applied to the B12 or ACC. Keep in on the DL and stop overreacting to every piece of news. I'm sure the people in charge at USF are doing everything possible behind closed doors, so they don't make any enemies with current institutions we're affiliated with.

Really?? I don't think that is stupid that St. John's or Georgetown did it? In fact I think it's smart. It's out there. If they get rejected so what?? The BE isn't kicking them out. They will be just fine.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

I think the rule is you don't apply unless you know you'll be accepted? At least that's what I think I've read around here.

Unless you're ECU
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

I thought our best shot would have been to get the "Academic" schools out of the ACC (UMD/UVA/UNC/Duke) into the Big10. Then, FSU/Clemson (with maybe ND/BYU as well) to Big12 and VaTech/NCSt to SEC would have made sense and left the ACC as BC/UConn/Syr/Temp/Pitt/RU in North, USF/Mia/GaTech/UL/UC/WF in South without the academic snobs to block the new entrants. However, with Rutgers' move, you'd likely have to break up Duke/UNC or leave out one of the Virginia schools in a "Big4" conference.

You forgot NCSU