Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

But more importantly I do believe that ACC will find away to break the GOR and negotiate a better TV deal. Basically there will be SEC Big Ten ACC & PAC 12 as your top four power conferences moving forward….

I think you're misunderstanding what the GOR is for. It's not the roadblock for negotiating a pay bump. The GOR is an agreement between the ACC and it's members, not ESPN, that each member gives up ownership of their TV rights to the conference for a period of time that matches the current tv deal. This is meant to disincentivize teams from leaving because the old school method of just raising conference exit fees wasn't really stopping anyone. 

If the GOR code is somehow cracked by the magnificent 7 lawyers, it doesn't change anything between the ACC and ESPN. All it does is make it significantly cheaper for the Clemson's and FSUs to leave if the SEC offers. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I think the seven schools plus Louisville find a way to break the GOR / ACC.

The seven land in their respective new homes w/ Louisville going the B12 Route. Alot of movement could mean an opportunity for USF to better its financial position. Hopefully it shakes out in our favor. 

Go Bulls. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,118
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

Hard to care too much about moving to a tougher conference when we can barely compete at our current level.

Feels like we're a student failing out of all our classes at the same time we're begging to get moved into honors classes. The OCS is us pointing at a new laptop we we're just promised for Christmas that we swear is going to fix our issues.

Probably the best analogy I have heard for our situation.  Much easier for us to make our case if we looked competent.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,262
  • Days Won:  490

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Now that is the spirit! People don’t realize how well USF has it. Great location, facilities, academics. We are in the AAC which is not as bad as people want to make it out to be. Plus it should present some of the easier paths to the playoffs 

Only if the teams in the AAC aren't striving to get into a better conference and bypassing USF in players, coaches, fan, boosters, money, facilities, interest, ability, W/L, etc.

We've been complacent for too long.  Please stop.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I think you're misunderstanding what the GOR is for. It's not the roadblock for negotiating a pay bump. The GOR is an agreement between the ACC and it's members, not ESPN, that each member gives up ownership of their TV rights to the conference for a period of time that matches the current tv deal. This is meant to disincentivize teams from leaving because the old school method of just raising conference exit fees wasn't really stopping anyone. 

If the GOR code is somehow cracked by the magnificent 7 lawyers, it doesn't change anything between the ACC and ESPN. All it does is make it significantly cheaper for the Clemson's and FSUs to leave if the SEC offers. 

^This^

FSU and Clemson aren't trying to do away with the GOR so they can get everyone in the conference what would be an incremental pay bump. They're doing it so they have an easier path to taking that SEC invite and getting that sweet sweet SEC cash.

Also as an aside, was perusing a Louisville board to see how they were handling things and was amazed to see that some of them had the opinion that they'd  have a shot at being headed to the SEC.

Edited by GoBulls84

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

^This^

FSU and Clemson aren't trying to do away with the GOR so they can get everyone in the conference what would be an incremental pay bump. They're doing it so they have an easier path to taking that SEC invite and getting that sweet sweet SEC cash.

Also as an aside, was perusing a Louisville board to see how they were handling things and was amazed to see that some of them had the opinion that they'd  have a shot at being headed to the SEC.

Lmao they're not alone. Colorado and Utah fans think they're B1G material and there were Texas Tech and Oklahoma State boards that were convinced they were SEC locks back when this round of raids started.

It's wild to me the level of delusion for some of these people. Like, I do believe there are things USF would bring to the table for the Big 12 or ACC (namely location and a strong academic profile that continues to improve), but at no point have I given serious thought to the idea that we somehow deserve a spot in the B1G or SEC. Even if you believed that we are getting into the AAU anytime soon, that's about the only box we check for the B1G at this juncture. There's about nothing that Louisville would do for the SEC right now. Nor Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, other than OSU being the in-state rival of Oklahoma, but they've already got the Red River Rivalry, they don't need anything else. At best Colorado and Utah could serve as a bridge to the California schools for the B1G, but that's it.

Edited by GoBulls84
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

It's wild to me the level of delusion for some of these people. Like, I do believe there are things USF would bring to the table for the Big 12 or ACC (namely location and a strong academic profile that continues to improve), but at no point have I given serious thought to the idea that we somehow deserve a spot in the B1G or SEC. Even if you believed that we are getting into the AAU anytime soon, that's about the only box we check for the B1G at this juncture. There's about nothing that Louisville would do for the SEC right now. Nor Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, other than OSU being the in-state rival of Oklahoma, but they've already got the Red River Rivalry, they don't need anything else. At best Colorado and Utah could serve as a bridge to the California schools for the B1G, but that's it.

I do see Oklahoma State and Kansas to SEC, and Oregon, Washington, and possibly Stanford to Big 10.

If ACC falls part I do see Louisville to Big 12.

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I do see Oklahoma State and Kansas to SEC, and Oregon, Washington, and possibly Stanford to Big 10.

If ACC falls part I do see Louisville to Big 12.

I can see Louisville to Big 12. They've got a regional-ish fit and history with Cincinnati and West Virginia. I do see potentially Oregon and Washington to B1G, especially as Oregon is probably the biggest brand left in the Pac-12. I can't see Okie State and Kansas to the SEC unless the SEC is out to put the Big 12 down for good. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,925
  • Days Won:  436

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

Hard to care too much about moving to a tougher conference when we can barely compete at our current level.

Feels like we're a student failing out of all our classes at the same time we're begging to get moved into honors classes. The OCS is us pointing at a new laptop we we're just promised for Christmas that we swear is going to fix our issues.

If the OCS gets us moved into an honors class, that would be icing on the cake. It will, more importantly, address other issues that it's time to get fixed ....