Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Hard to care too much about moving to a tougher conference when we can barely compete at our current level.

Feels like we're a student failing out of all our classes at the same time we're begging to get moved into honors classes. The OCS is us pointing at a new laptop we we're just promised for Christmas that we swear is going to fix our issues.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,052
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Hard to care too much about moving to a tougher conference when we can barely compete at our current level.

Feels like we're a student failing out of all our classes at the same time we're begging to get moved into honors classes. The OCS is us pointing at a new laptop we we're just promised for Christmas that we swear is going to fix our issues.

Hopefully eventually we will not suck forever lol.  It is important to beat Navy this season to move to 3-2 and then put us in the hunt for a bowl game.

C832A557-479E-4154-A339-E0EAF1AC45E2.png

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Lmao ND would run out of there so fast. The Big East, Big 12, and B1G would be tripping over themselves to offer ND.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

30 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hate that, diluted a bit too much. Also no way Notre Dame joins any conference besides the Big 10.

You have Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, and Boston College already. Just add USF, Memphis, and UConn and have a 9 team conference like God intended.

Every team plays each other in Football every year and every team plays each other twice in basketball.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Hate that, diluted a bit too much. Also no way Notre Dame joins any conference besides the Big 10.

You have Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, and Boston College already. Just add USF, Memphis, and UConn and have a 9 team conference like God intended.

Every team plays each other in Football every year and every team plays each other twice in basketball.

Yeah sounds good. I only see Clemson & FSU getting invited to either SEC/Big Ten. So basically puts USF as one of the front runners to place FSU. USF has tons of ACC connections so I will be shocked if this doesn’t happen lol 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

52 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We need to stay resilient. I saw a movie once called Rudy ( I think a true story) about a bad student, average HS football player who wants to attend and play for Notre Dame. Everyone laughs at him; even his parents; he doesn't get in. But he works hard, goes to community college, and ultimately he get's into Notre Dame and then gets onto the practice team, and so on and so on. Actually the story feels a bit like an anime I am watching right now ( My Hero Academia)

Baby steps! First start winning again, and then go from there. Stay resilient and we will be in a Power 5 soon.

• Upvote 1

But more importantly I do believe that ACC will find away to break the GOR and negotiate a better TV deal. Basically there will be SEC Big Ten ACC & PAC 12 as your top four power conferences moving forward….

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

We need to stay resilient. I saw a movie once called Rudy ( I think a true story) about a bad student, average HS football player who wants to attend and play for Notre Dame. Everyone laughs at him; even his parents; he doesn't get in. But he works hard, goes to community college, and ultimately he get's into Notre Dame and then gets onto the practice team, and so on and so on. Actually the story feels a bit like an anime I am watching right now ( My Hero Academia)

Baby steps! First start winning again, and then go from there. Stay resilient and we will be in a Power 5 soon.

Now that is the spirit! People don’t realize how well USF has it. Great location, facilities, academics. We are in the AAC which is not as bad as people want to make it out to be. Plus it should present some of the easier paths to the playoffs 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

You have Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, and Boston College already. Just add USF, Memphis, and UConn and have a 9 team conference like God intended.  Every team plays each other in Football every year and every team plays each other twice in basketball.

I say God intended there to be 10 team conferences playing the other 9 every year with the top 2 playing again for the conference championship.  3 OOC games as 1:1 with decent teams making sure to have 2 home games in the season you only have 4 conference home games.  6 home, 6 away every year with no more FCS.

Edited by 79 Bull