Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,022
  • Days Won:  45

14 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

and you do realize it is the six highest-ranked conference champions? Not all conference champs.

If your concern is for USF than the Big12 would most likely be getting more money and would be better for USF.

I’m pretty sure that the AAC will be in the running for one of the top 6 rated conferences in just about every season. Those that think the AAC is weak just have not been paying close attention. 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,269
  • Days Won:  10

56 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m pretty sure that the AAC will be in the running for one of the top 6 rated conferences in just about every season. Those that think the AAC is weak just have not been paying close attention. 

Certainly the case right now. However, the Mountain West with Boise State, Fresno State,.. will compete with AAC every year, and it is not unimaginable for a Sunbelt, Conference USA.. team to have a conference champion ranked higher then an AAC champion. Many are saying that Western Kentucky will humiliate us when we play later this year. Would it really be inconceivable for a Western Kentucky type team to be ranked higher then lets say Memphis or Tulane at the end of the season.

Also can't keep losing our best teams  to other conferences like we are this year ( Cincy, Houston,,...) and still be considered the best of the rest. There is no doubt in my mind that Memphis and SMU will be on their way out at some point ( hope we will be as well).

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,772
  • Days Won:  3

Just merge the best leftovers from the pac/ACC/aac/ sunbelt/MWC and call it a day.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,709
  • Days Won:  30

14 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Just merge the best leftovers from the pac/ACC/aac/ sunbelt/MWC and call it a day.

Well hot **** in our current state we would be left behind again. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I think you forgot the 'lol' that you have in 90%+ of your posts

• Content Count:  2,269
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I see this happening at some point where the best non power 5 teams would merge and form a conference.

I feel like the AAC missed an opportunity when they invited Rice, Charlotte and North Texas instead of teams like  Appalachian State, Army  and Marshall. The AAC should have waited to see how the College football landscape played out over the next several years to see if they could pick off teams from the Mountain West, or whether other stronger candidates emerged.

UAB, FAU, and UTSA, however, I feel were solid additions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I see this happening at some point where the best non power 5 teams would merge and form a conference.

I feel like the AAC missed an opportunity when they invited Rice, Charlotte and North Texas instead of teams like  Appalachian State, Army  and Marshall. The AAC should have waited to see how the College football landscape played out over the next several years to see if they could pick off teams from the Mountain West, or whether other stronger candidates emerged.

UAB, FAU, and UTSA, however, I feel were solid additions.

Yea, we just said **** it who is the weakest, and raised them.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Those two statements are not complimentary. One could argue that the AAC (as our down-markers clearly state) is the 'P6' conference. At the same time, I don't know that there's an adjective other than weak that is appropriate. That's not being mean spirited, it's just sort of the truth. If we look at the final rankings from 2022, we have:

Team Conference
9. Tulane AAC
18. Notre Dame IND
19. Troy SUNBELT

So, yeah, we have one member in the top 25, which did finish out above an independent and a Sunbelt team and did beat 12th ranked USC in a bowl game. We had the same number of teams in the top 25 as did the Sunbelt & Mountain West. And of course, Conference USA had no appearances. So, 'weak' may not be the best description, but I don't see 'strong' would be fair either. If we look at the conference as a whole (not a hole), hard to argue that 'strong' is applicable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

Those two statements are not complimentary. One could argue that the AAC (as our down-markers clearly state) is the 'P6' conference. At the same time, I don't know that there's an adjective other than weak that is appropriate. That's not being mean spirited, it's just sort of the truth. If we look at the final rankings from 2022, we have:

Team Conference
9. Tulane AAC
18. Notre Dame IND
19. Troy SUNBELT

So, yeah, we have one member in the top 25, which did finish out above an independent and a Sunbelt team and did beat 12th ranked USC in a bowl game. We had the same number of teams in the top 25 as did the Sunbelt & Mountain West. And of course, Conference USA had no appearances. So, 'weak' may not be the best description, but I don't see 'strong' would be fair either. If we look at the conference as a whole (not a hole), hard to argue that 'strong' is applicable.

How many players from USC sat out for the draft though?

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,475
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

How many players from USC sat out for the draft though?

Ahh the $EC argument

• Upvote 1