Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

That's because you are a CFB fan but the people that are running this into the ground aren't.

Yea I guess. :( 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,475
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I think the state/regional rivalries are underrated in TV packages/conference realignment. I think USF/c, FSU/UF, Clemson/USC, Oklahoma/OSU, etc. all have more value than, say, having Oklahoma play another large "brand" in a bigger conference, like Tennessee or Auburn. Those rivalries (that frequently get torn apart, see: UT/TAMU, UK/Mizzou, USC-UCLA/Cal-Stanford) are the most anticipated college football games of the year when both teams are playing well.  I'd love to see Kansas v Missouri again; think OkSt belongs in the SEC with Oklahoma, and that Pitt/WVU/Cinci should playing each other every season. 

I think the SEC goes this route, the football crazy and hardcore rivalry expansion policy, in direct contrast to the B1G with the large market, coast to coast policy. Hopefully the pickup OkSt and GaTech to go with FSU/Clem. 

If those regional rivalries had more value they wouldn't be splitting them up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

If those regional rivalries had more value they wouldn't be splitting them up.

Not sure if that is true.  They are taking a glut of brand names and walling them off.  Think strip mining rather than investing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

18 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I think the state/regional rivalries are underrated in TV packages/conference realignment. I think USF/c, FSU/UF, Clemson/USC, Oklahoma/OSU, etc. all have more value than, say, having Oklahoma play another large "brand" in a bigger conference, like Tennessee or Auburn. Those rivalries (that frequently get torn apart, see: UT/TAMU, UK/Mizzou, USC-UCLA/Cal-Stanford) are the most anticipated college football games of the year when both teams are playing well.  I'd love to see Kansas v Missouri again; think OkSt belongs in the SEC with Oklahoma, and that Pitt/WVU/Cinci should playing each other every season. 

I think the SEC goes this route, the football crazy and hardcore rivalry expansion policy, in direct contrast to the B1G with the large market, coast to coast policy. Hopefully the pickup OkSt and GaTech to go with FSU/Clem. 

who is usf's rival ?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,770
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

who is usf's rival ?

At this point, USF is their own rival. No one else can beat us like we beat ourselves.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,994
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, smazza said:

who is usf's rival ?

Has to be UAB, UNC-Charlotte, Tulane, Memphis. These schools take me back to when I was a student at USF. So these games against them mean a lot to me. I remember when the Tulane men’s hoops team stomped on our Robo-Rocky at mid-court right before tip off. I’m still pissed at Tulane for that…

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, smazza said:

who is usf's rival ?

Those squirrels on campus that are not afraid of a **** thing. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,263
  • Days Won:  10

23 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Has to be UAB, UNC-Charlotte, Tulane, Memphis. These schools take me back to when I was a student at USF. So these games against them mean a lot to me. I remember when the Tulane men’s hoops team stomped on our Robo-Rocky at mid-court right before tip off. I’m still pissed at Tulane for that…

I guess how you feel about this depends on at what point in time one started following USF athletics, or when someone attended USF. When I was in school we were bouncing around from FCS to independence, to lower conferences until we found a home in the Big East.

From my perspective its teams like UCF, West Virginia, Cincy. Would love to move up to the Big 12 so we can play these teams again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

I think USF does not have a true 'rival'. It used to be UCF, as that was the only perennial get-the-blood-boiling relationship we had. WVU & Cinci were very good games, but nothing as focused as UCF.  Rivalries tend to evolve naturally; not something that is concocted for marketing purposes. Perhaps one will develop over time, but I don't think there is any circle-that-date-on-the-calendar game in the offing. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,263
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, WoolyBully said:

I think USF does not have a true 'rival'. It used to be UCF, as that was the only perennial get-the-blood-boiling relationship we had. WVU & Cinci were very good games, but nothing as focused as UCF.  Rivalries tend to evolve naturally; not something that is concocted for marketing purposes. Perhaps one will develop over time, but I don't think there is any circle-that-date-on-the-calendar game in the offing. 

True. I do think the one with WVU "almost" developed until they left the Big East , and the league fell apart; since we were able to beat them a few times when they were having great seasons and they were ranked in the top 10. Recently was wearing a USF shirt and I ran into a WVU fan ( funny enough also a Blackpink fan), and we talked about old times when we were both in the Big East, and both programs were doing well; and how it was almost always a good competitive game.