Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Why would we want an ACC without FSU and Clemson?  Thats no bueno for football.  Basketball might see an uptick. Maybe?

Hmmm...let's do a quick review:

ACC w/o Tigers & Noles Fully Loaded AAC
Louisville Charlotte
NC State East Carolina
Syracuse Florida Atlantic
Wake Forest Memphis
Boston College Navy
North Carolina North Texas
Duke Rice
Pitt South Florida
Georgia Tech SMU
Miami Temple
Virginia Tulane
Virginia Tech Tulsa
Fantasy Participant: UAB
South Florida UTSA

Why would WE want an ACC without Clemson & FSU? Let's give that some thought. I suppose it's no bueno for football, considering the phenomenal success USF has had as of late, and how associating with the likes of UNC, Miami, NCSU & VaTech would diminish the value of our product immensely. Yep, we're light years better off duking it out with Rice, UAB and Charlotte. And adding our historically losing-record basketball team to the ACC would really add some quality games to Carolina & L'ville's schedules. Indeed, we need to distance ourselves from the ACC as best we can if it doesn't include Clemson & FSU. After all, we're 1-and-oh against Clemson (13 years ago) and we're 1-3 against the Noles, so we do have some catching up to do. And if we're not in the same conference as them, shucks, they might never schedule us again! :FIREdevil:

We WANT whatever we can get.

Edited by WoolyBully
vocab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,642
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

Louisville Charlotte
NC State East Carolina
Wake Forest Memphis
Boston College Navy
Duke Rice
Pitt South Florida
Georgia Tech SMU
Miami Temple
Virginia Tulane
Virginia Tech Tulsa
South Florida UTSA

Why would WE want an ACC without Clemson & FSU? Let's give that some thought. I suppose it's no bueno for football, considering the phenomenal success USF has had as of late, and how associating with the likes of UNC, Miami, NCSU & VaTech would diminish the value of our product immensely. Yep, we're light years better off duking it out with Rice, UAB and Charlotte. And adding our historically losing-record basketball team to the ACC would really add some quality games to Carolina & L'ville's schedules. Indeed, we need to distance ourselves from the ACC as best we can if it doesn't include Clemson & FSU. After all, we're 1-and-oh against Clemson (13 years ago) and we're 1-3 against the Noles, so we do have some catching up to do. And if we're not in the same conference as us, shucks, they might never schedule us again! :FIREdevil:

Don't forget the $$$ part. Although. I was going to leave it alone as i thought they were screwing with us.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

55 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Louisville Charlotte
NC State East Carolina
Wake Forest Memphis
Boston College Navy
Duke Rice
Pitt South Florida
Georgia Tech SMU
Miami Temple
Virginia Tulane
Virginia Tech Tulsa
South Florida UTSA

Why would WE want an ACC without Clemson & FSU? Let's give that some thought. I suppose it's no bueno for football, considering the phenomenal success USF has had as of late, and how associating with the likes of UNC, Miami, NCSU & VaTech would diminish the value of our product immensely. Yep, we're light years better off duking it out with Rice, UAB and Charlotte. And adding our historically losing-record basketball team to the ACC would really add some quality games to Carolina & L'ville's schedules. Indeed, we need to distance ourselves from the ACC as best we can if it doesn't include Clemson & FSU. After all, we're 1-and-oh against Clemson (13 years ago) and we're 1-3 against the Noles, so we do have some catching up to do. And if we're not in the same conference as them, shucks, they might never schedule us again! :FIREdevil:

In before @Bull Awakening tells us about the easy road to the CFP we have in the aac

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,515
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

Louisville Charlotte
NC State East Carolina
Wake Forest Memphis
Boston College Navy
Duke Rice
Pitt South Florida
Georgia Tech SMU
Miami Temple
Virginia Tulane
Virginia Tech Tulsa
South Florida UTSA

Gun to my head I guess I pick the left one but just because it has teams that I’ve heard of before, that have National appeal, National championships and money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,136
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

In before @Bull Awakening tells us about the easy road to the CFP we have in the aac

Haha!! Win in the ACC and we still go. Dreaming my dream

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,916
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Gun to my head I guess I pick the left one but just because it has teams that I’ve heard of before, that have National appeal, National championships and money.

After USF gets the ACC invite you know what is up lol 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,668
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, olafberserker said:

WE got one fbs win in the last three years. Nothing is going to be easy for USF until we get several consistent years of good coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  22,510
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

WE got one fbs win in the last three years.

This is mind blowing.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

WE got one fbs win in the last three years.

This is mind blowing.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Why would we want an ACC without FSU and Clemson?  Thats no bueno for football.  Basketball might see an uptick. Maybe?

Better conference than the AAC. Better name brand recognition with opponents. Better money. Even a better regional conference for us. Maybe even the idea that stepping up the competition in basketball leads us to better results there (better players want to play in the limelight of the better basketball conference). There are many reasons for going to the ACC with or without FSU and Clemson. Literally the only argument for staying in the AAC would be @Bull Awakening's thinking that we have a cake walk to the playoff (assuming we start winning again) in this weaker conference.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,515
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Better conference than the AAC. Better name brand recognition with opponents. Better money. Even a better regional conference for us. Maybe even the idea that stepping up the competition in basketball leads us to better results there (better players want to play in the limelight of the better basketball conference). There are many reasons for going to the ACC with or without FSU and Clemson. Literally the only argument for staying in the AAC would be @Bull Awakening's thinking that we have a cake walk to the playoff (assuming we start winning again) in this weaker conference.

The P5 giveth and the P5 taketh away. The G5 will be given the hardest draw for a few years, get blown out and then have the spot ripped away from them because there is more money to be had by having every spot then tossing an unnecessary bone that has only downside to them with no obvious upside.

• Upvote 1