Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  22,510
  • Days Won:  51

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you are wondering where the line is between am i authentic or am I parody, this is the wrong side of that line.

Troy will save us!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,515
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

You can say the same thing about the big 12. Walk into any bar and ask if they can name teams in the big 12 and they would be stumped. 

You honestly think that Texas Tech, Baylor, WVU, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State and BYU are the same thing in a blind taste test to people as I’m sorry I can’t even come up with a list of people to compare to. FAU people may know at the moment then who? 

Just now, puc86 said:

You honestly think that Texas Tech, Baylor, WVU, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State and BYU are the same thing in a blind taste test to people as I’m sorry I can’t even come up with a list of people to compare to. FAU people may know at the moment then who? 

Those are middle tier that sports fans would recognize.  We are in a tier that has no brand recognition outside of the most hardcore sports fans.  Joe Bag O' Donuts would be several hops removed.

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,916
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

TCWHO? Kansas is looking for a way out of Big12. Wvu wants out.  Who cares about Texas tech lol. Wow 

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

TCWHO? Kansas is looking for a way out of Big12. Wvu wants out.  Who cares about Texas tech lol. Wow 

Okay I'll give you who cares about Texas Tech and WVU has faded post Big East.  Better to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,916
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Okay I'll give you who cares about Texas Tech and WVU has faded post Big East.  Better to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Yes exactly lol. I expect to see USF competing for that playoff spot come 2024. We will have fun winning in the AAC until the ACC comes calling. 

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

I’m not comparing them to the BIG or the SEC I’m comparing them to what is here in the aac, the difference is 10’s of millions of dollars and the fact they can offer anyone any conditions they would like and every single team would be in the waiting room of the office again power points in hand and begging to get out of this slow death spiral. Can two conferences do that to them, absolutely. But that doesn’t make it better to be left with what they don’t pick and then trying to shine increasingly ******** **** 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,219
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

True, everyone in the PAC and Big 12 are looking for a way out, but the same is true for the AAC. Doubtful that Tulane, Memphis, and SMU in a five years will still be in the AAC. Even a watered down Big 12 or PAC,.. will be better then the AAC.

If what is left over in the ACC is markedly better than the B12 or PAC12 they will draw from those conferences and not whoever is left those conferences didn’t pick from, if the ACC is having to pull from the aac they are not better positioned than either of those conferences. I like anyone that rescues us from our obscurity.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,668
  • Days Won:  30

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

I could do a fair number of both, but we've never been in the Big 12.  

But that was before we lost three and added 5 or 6.

You would get tcu,Baylor, Texas, ok st, and Ok.