Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,770
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

That's the future. You can now watch concerts in vr on oculus tv on your oculus quest 2. I must say I bought my oculus quest 2 a year ago, and then psvr2 a month ago and it has changed my life. Such a blast with both of them, and can't wait what the future holds for vr.

I think usf should be the first to try this idea, make it part of the new stadium! More money in the program, from distant alumni/fans?

@John Lewis

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

11 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

That's the future. You can now watch concerts in vr on oculus tv on your oculus quest 2. I must say I bought my oculus quest 2 a year ago, and then psvr2 a month ago and it has changed my life. Such a blast with both of them, and can't wait what the future holds for vr.

We've been semi-hip to zoomers hosting the Creator Clash 1 and whatnot.  Maybe this could happen.  Zucc at Meta is hemorrhaging money so maybe we can get some.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

No matter how far we come back and no matter how much money we receive, I just don't see us being competitive in the SEC or B10 in my lifetime.  So it's kind of a selfish thing as I probably have 10 good years left watching my Bulls in person.

Competitiveness stems from a few things - availability and quality of facilities, competent coaches and trainers, and recruits. Money literally solves/enhances all of these things lol.  USF would be able to compete in any conference with an increase in funding. The Leavitt and Taggart-lead Bulls could (and did) beat the bottom 40-80% of those leagues.  Plus, for USF to be aligned academically with higher-quality institutions, the university also benefits tremendously academically. 

USF will jump immediately at any offer from the B1G, SEC, ACC, PAC, and B12 - and might even prefer that exact order. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

USF will jump immediately at any offer from the B1G, SEC, ACC, PAC, and B12 - and might even prefer that exact order. 

Yeah, anywhere but here. Bottom line, USF is in no position to snub a charitable invite from any P5 conference. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the immediate aspiration of snagging the Number Six Slot doesn't come to fruition for a decade or so. Oops! Was I not s'posed to say that? 'Cause it's looking like since the Invite won't come any time soon, we're hanging our hopes on the Number Six Slot. But if that doesn't develop for some time, well ... 😲

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,994
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Yeah, anywhere but here. Bottom line, USF is in no position to snub a charitable invite from any P5 conference. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the immediate aspiration of snagging the Number Six Slot doesn't come to fruition for a decade or so. Oops! Was I not s'posed to say that? 'Cause it's looking like since the Invite won't come any time soon, we're hanging our hopes on the Number Six Slot. But if that doesn't develop for some time, well ... 😲

starts in 2024

10 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Worst case scenario, we don’t get called up to the P5. If that scenario occurs, what would a best of the rest conference look like?

• Content Count:  3,240
  • Days Won:  36

22 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I think usf should be the first to try this idea, make it part of the new stadium! More money in the program, from distant alumni/fans?

@John Lewis

Interesting idea.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,258
  • Days Won:  490

46 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Interesting idea.

Volunteering to be lab rat.

• Content Count:  3,240
  • Days Won:  36

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Volunteering to be lab rat.

My eyes are pretty bad, so why not.

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Interesting idea.

If you really think so, go ahead and pass it on to whomever needs to hear it to make it happen.