Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,584
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Of course that's how ... and I guess the Woeful Willies are just histrionically over reacting with the crying about just shutting everything down. It's just symbolic of the "uniqueness" of part of our fan base ...

The only thing that is unique to our fanbase is that everyone isn’t aligned on firing everyone given the culture of failure VPMK has fostered. Wanting to cure your cancer isn’t a unique take embracing it, cheering it on and trying to grow it is. MK’s vision has lead to a stint that gets you fired anywhere else on earth but instead he got a 5 year extension. He gave extensions to coaches that had earned their firings before the extension and then followed up the extensions with firings a year later. Then all of his new coaching searches seemed like disasters that should invoke confidence in no one. That usf can never be successful is an odd  take, that usf cannot be successful being led by MK is evidence based fact. The faster we rid ourselves of his poisonous leadership the faster we can be cured by someone with actual vision and a plan for success.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,218
  • Days Won:  68

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The only thing that is unique to our fanbase is that everyone isn’t aligned on firing everyone given the culture of failure VPMK has fostered. Wanting to cure your cancer isn’t a unique take embracing it, cheering it on and trying to grow it is. MK’s vision has lead to a stint that gets you fired anywhere else on earth but instead he got a 5 year extension. He gave extensions to coaches that had earned their firings before the extension and then followed up the extensions with firings a year later. Then all of his new coaching searches seemed like disasters that should invoke confidence in no one. That usf can never be successful is an odd  take, that usf cannot be successful being led by MK is evidence based fact. The faster we rid ourselves of his poisonous leadership the faster we can be cured by someone with actual vision and a plan for success.

His tenure has been an abject failure and not sure why he hasn’t been canned by now.  Our two major teams are dumpster fires and he provides no confidence he has the wherewithal to right the ship. I am finally in the camp that he needs to go. Not a woe is us but why is he still here?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,715
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Of course that's how ... and I guess the Woeful Willies are just histrionically over reacting with the crying about just shutting everything down. It's just symbolic of the "uniqueness" of part of our fan base ...

I mean under Ad Mk we have sucked on the field in the two biggest sports, he extended himself ,and the whole  coaching staff. Then he had to fire the mbb and fb coaches that sucked and showed zero evidence  of winning. So he gave them more money in buyouts even though the school won't leak it. The athletic department needs to stop rewarding failure with extensions and financial security. It is long overdue and time to send the message we will only accept winning if you want an extension. It seems the president and Ad Mk are doing things off the field but priority one has to be winning. No one cares if we have an ocs for realignment if we are getting blown out by Temple. Look at Fsu they wouldn't accept losing under Willy fired him and brought in a guy with a proven track record.  After two years they saw there was progress  and made the tough and right decision. They did not extend willy expecting him yo turn ot around. Norvell turned it around and showed progress . Do you think our Ad had to balls to hire a proven coach that can turn around the program? He goes hires another young coach with zero experience hoping he finds the miracle pill again. So if Golesh is is failing by year 2 are we doing the right thing and firing him or just letting him stay coaching for stabilty? UF fired a over 0.500 for underpeforming at 6-6 during his worst year after UF. The criteria to get extended at usf is one fbs win in two seasons. The president  and Ad need to make a decision to want to prioritize  winning or prolong the suck for stability? If ucf and fau can committ to winning and paying quality coaches there is no reason USF cannot.  Why we hired Golesh over Herman is a mind f***. I hope Golesh works out but hiring a guy that turned Houston around won two ny6 bowls over a guy with zero experience is absurd if you are committing to winning.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

21 hours ago, Brad said:

This is the conference realignment thread, but since we’re discussing USF, does anyone favor only a focus on academics?

Let's ask John Allen.  Remember the early USF motto:  No shorts, no sports.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

I think they will add Fresno State, SDSU, and possibly SJSU the spartans at least.

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,052
  • Days Won:  45

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think they will add Fresno State, SDSU, and possibly SJSU the spartans at least.

I just don’t see how big 12 survives long term by adding those. I believe SDSU will chose PAC 12 over big 12

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I just don’t see how big 12 survives long term by adding those. I believe SDSU will chose PAC 12 over big 12

No idea follow the money  to which conference pays more and that is conference the teams will go.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,052
  • Days Won:  45

Interesting take

DB649A23-CB27-4A3F-93B6-5C9D8833C953.png