Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,925
  • Days Won:  436

7 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

1) WTF has SMU done that makes them so attractive to the Big 12 or Pac-? A few years ago they were in a ****** mid-major and “moved up” to the somewhat less ****** mid-major they currently share with us after we moved down & out of a BCS (read: “Power”) Conference?

it’s gotta be something off the field cuz the product on the field hasn’t been consistently good the way Boise, Houston or even UCF have been?

There are no more on-the-field "power' G5's out there, save BSU possibly, so any more expansion will be based on a bunch of criteria besides W/L's, which primarily drove the last one. Without knowing exactly what that criteria's going to be, I'm guessing that SMU could click a lot of the boxes. Just a note, of all the schools still playing football from the SWC, an early "P5" conference, the only 2 that aren't in a current P5 are SMU and Rice ...

RIGHT NOW every single Bulls fan would eagerly jump at the chance to be a replacement for FSU or Clemson in the ACC, but who would actually GAF about *THAT* ACC?

Pretty sure most Bulls fans, especially over the AAC ....

so why do we care at this point? just play football & win the games on the schedule.

Although I totally agree with the second sentence, we need to continue to care in order to keep this Mother of All Threads alive and kicking ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

For some reason I just can’t see USF beating Bama this year. Maybe I am wrong. We shall see!

I agree. I was kind of saying it jokingly. If we can keep the score relatively close ( lets say lose by less then 30 points) and put on a decent fight I will be happy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Days Won:  30

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Brings up an interesting conversation. If you kept the same players and switched coaches how good a coach would Saban be?

If they traded now and Saban brought all of his staff/coaches and ran the spring practices , summer activities,  coached next season, and I think you see USf get their first divisional title. The ability to coach players up, recruit and get transfer talent ,understanding and running successful schemes ,and coaching X's/O's would be a significant difference. No idea what Golesh and all his young inexperienced staff could do with the Bama Roster. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,262
  • Days Won:  490

SMU may soon be on their way to greener pastures

GettyImages-1446374752-e1678990736627.jp

If you’re a fan of a Pac-12 school, circle next Tuesday, March 21st, on your...

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

There are no more on-the-field "power' G5's out there, save BSU possibly, so any more expansion will be based on a bunch of criteria besides W/L's, which primarily drove the last one. Without knowing exactly what that criteria's going to be, I'm guessing that SMU could click a lot of the boxes. Just a note, of all the schools still playing football from the SWC, an early "P5" conference, the only 2 that aren't in a current P5 are SMU and Rice ...

Pretty sure most Bulls fans, especially over the AAC ....

Although I totally agree with the second sentence, we need to continue to care in order to keep this Mother of All Threads alive and kicking ...

I would take the ACC without FSU and Clemson any day over the current AAC. NC State, UNC, Wake Forest . Miami, WF, Duke, GT, Vtech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Louisville, and Syracuse would be a huge upgrade in terms of tradition, pedigree, and university experiences to visit over the current AAC.  I highly doubt this happens but another cool thing would be a PAC expanding adding  SMU, , Tulane, USF, Memphis, and two central/eastern teams.  You would have a PST and CST/EST sides.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

SMU may soon be on their way to greener pastures

GettyImages-1446374752-e1678990736627.jp

If you’re a fan of a Pac-12 school, circle next Tuesday, March 21st, on your...

How connected is Canzano? Thought this was pretty funny ....

“I just don’t think that the chicken littles out there that are looking at the sky, saying ‘oh the Pac-12’s imploding, oh, the imminent demise!’, I think in the end they’re going to end up holding the bag.”

“I don’t see the ’12-anons’ – the Q-anon Big 12 people – I don’t see the ’12-anons’ walking away from this feeling very good.”

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I highly doubt this happens but another cool thing would be a PAC expanding adding  SMU, , Tulane, USF, Memphis, and two central/eastern teams.  You would have a PST and CST/EST sides.

I liiiiiiiike it .... The PAAC 16 (Pacific Atlantic Athletic Conference)

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,671
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If they traded now and Saban brought all of his staff/coaches and ran the spring practices , summer activities,  coached next season, and I think you see USf get their first divisional title. The ability to coach players up, recruit and get transfer talent ,understanding and running successful schemes ,and coaching X's/O's would be a significant difference. No idea what Golesh and all his young inexperienced staff could do with the Bama Roster. 

We have no idea what Golesh and all his young inexperienced staff will do with our roster.

14 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We have no idea what Golesh and all his young inexperienced staff will do with our roster.

Welcome to USf football. Saban is the goat of modern college football. I would not compare any coach to him.  Lets Hope Golesh becomes the best USF COACH EVER and takes the program to new levels from rock bottom.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

1) WTF has SMU done that makes them so attractive to the Big 12 or Pac-?

so why do we care at this point? 

SMU is in a (much) bigger market than USF is.  Dallas is at least twice as big as Tampa and is one of the top markets in the entire country, behind only the New Yorks, LAs, and Chicagos.  

SMU is also a lot closer to the Pac 12 footprint and at one of the biggest airports in the country.  There's a reason the CFP and a bunch of conferences are based out of Dallas.    

SMU is a bigger name than USF.  They previously played in a power conference equivalent.  Yeah they cheated their way to the top, but they made a big name for themselves.  

Why do we care?  Because UCF (and SMU, Houston, etc.) will be making 40 million dollars more a year than us in conference revenue.  Even if it's the P2 and the Next 3, you want to be in the Next 3 and not Group of 5.  

If MK isn't marketing USF to the Pac 12, Big 12, and ACC right now, he is a complete and total failure.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1