Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

So falling or not falling dominoes? 🤷🏻‍♂️

M8AP.gif

Either way at some point more dominoes will fall. When that happens USF will have to be ready.

Win games, go to bowl games, built the OCS and I like our chances.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, 350_BULL said:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

If FSU goes to the SEC, what makes you think USF has an excellent chance of going to ACC?

12 schools have been (or will be) selected for other conferences ahead of USF since the BE imploded.

What makes you think there won't be other schools selected for ACC, even if Florida State leaves. 

I have zero faith USF will ever be chosen for a power conference.  Ever.  History has shown conferences have no interest in in USF.  The last time we have had a conference decision go our way was in 2003, 20 years ago, when we were selected for Big East.  Since then, every single conference decision has gone against USF.  Every one.  All 12 of them.   

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If FSU goes to the SEC, what makes you think USF has an excellent chance of going to ACC?

12 schools have been (or will be) selected for other conferences ahead of USF since the BE imploded.

What makes you think there won't be other schools selected for ACC, even if Florida State leaves. 

I have zero faith USF will ever be chosen for a power conference.  Ever.  History has shown conferences have no interest in in USF.  The last time we have had a conference decision go our way was in 2003, 20 years ago, when we were selected for Big East.  Since then, every single conference decision has gone against USF.  Every one.  All 12 of them.   

If FSU bails from ACC , USF has very good shot at moving up. We need to invest, win and stop feeling sorry for ourselves

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

If FSU bails from ACC , USF has very good shot at moving up. We need to invest, win and stop feeling sorry for ourselves

I hope your right.  I just don't see any evidence any conferences will want USF.  History has shown that power conferences don't want USF.  They just don't.  

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am right.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I hope your right.  I just don't see any evidence any conferences will want USF.  History has shown that power conferences don't want USF.  They just don't.  

It’s all about fitting in. Problem for USF is that right now Big12 is only Power Conference we would fit. But our horrible record kill that shot. If ACC loses FSU, we would fit, IF we are investing and winning.

Problem we had was that once BigEast blew up, we really didn’t fit into Big12 nor ACC. So we had nowhere to go.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  846
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It's not so much that I feel we have an excellent chance, more that I believe that it is excellent that another conference may be getting shuffled.

In other words where this is chaos there is opportunity for us to potentially reap the opportunity and get on a lifeboat (yes I know even if we make the ACC it's not guaranteed to succeed but it's better than what we currently have).

The more conferences stay static, the less likely we are to leaving for a more lucrative opportunity in the near future.

Granted we haven't done **** to deserve a call up, but if FSU and especially if Miami leaves with them, then you can put a decent bet that the ACC will want to fill the Florida void.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,935
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If there's more conference realignment, no one knows for sure what the criteria will be this time for any particular conference ...... what we can hope for is that tv market and potential will be up there for one of them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,655
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Day Sunshine GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,655
  • Days Won:  3

Look... At the end of the day we are positioned well to move up.  We can't suck forever. We have beat this **** dead over and over and over. We ****** up and didn't invest. Learned our lesson and conferences will recognize that. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,001
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Sk00b said:

We can't suck forever.

Are you sure? My math might be somewhat off, but I think we have about a 44% winning (which means less than 50%, less than half of all games) record in men's hoops. A lifetime losing percentage to me falls within the 'sucks' domain. That's just me. And if we can do it in a sport, in which we've participated for half a century, I see no reason why we can't do it with football as well. We all know that adage: we suck until we don't.