Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Fair point but I never said that we would be here forever. The distinction here was our ineptitude which was a major contributor to them passing us.

To me, if you have to pin it down to one major factor, it was the coach immediately following CJL not being able to build upon what he started. If CSH was handcuffed in regards to that, that could be where ineptitude could come in.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, Brad said:

We are drifting dangerously into @puc86 territory and far off topic.  :)  

I still yearn for us to set high expectations and achieve at the highest level.  We are a long way from it, but there is no better time to rebuild than right now (unless we can turn back the clock).

We do that, we should be considered for a better conference.  We need to be.

Karmatic was used in a post so we have already entered @puc86 territory.  I really don’t give c much of a thought either way, we **** the bed and are finally trying to clean it up, the past is the past. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,839
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Karmatic was used in a post so we have already entered @puc86 territory.  I really don’t give c much of a thought either way, we **** the bed and are finally trying to clean it up, the past is the past. 

I'm not sure what @puc86 territory is, but ok. I agree that we **** the bed and are finally trying to clean it up.

USF has had a great team for a long time (except last few years) but we've always seemed to  have a schedule that is one notch harder than we can handle.

Over the last 20 years, we've played almost twice as many ranked teams as UCF in the regular season. We have more than twice as many regular season wins against ranked teams than them. They had an easier schedule, but it also translated to conference championships and big bowl game wins. My point is that if USF can just dominate the new AAC and win some m'fin championships, then we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the next phase of conference realignment.

Let's enjoy the competition we're given and just win.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,664
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

I'm not sure what @puc86 territory is, but ok. I agree that we **** the bed and are finally trying to clean it up.

USF has had a great team for a long time (except last few years) but we've always seemed to  have a schedule that is one notch harder than we can handle.

Over the last 20 years, we've played almost twice as many ranked teams as UCF in the regular season. We have more than twice as many regular season wins against ranked teams than them. They had an easier schedule, but it also translated to conference championships and big bowl game wins. My point is that if USF can just dominate the new AAC and win some m'fin championships, then we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the next phase of conference realignment.

Yes... FFS just win.

23 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Yeah, I went to school at USF from 2005-2009 and I never understood this delusion that a 7 year old USF program was in fact leaps and bounds ahead of UCF. It was pretty fantastic that we won the first 4 meetings, but I was on the side of the discussion back then that we needed an on-campus stadium in order to compete in college football long term.

It was clear even back in 2007 that UCF's investment into their Athletics was going to ultimately have them surpass USF, if USF didn't keep up. Which they did not. Of course "leaving them behind" was the only way we could move on to bigger and better rivals, without having to actually match UCF's investment into their program.

I blame Genshaft for a lot of things, but I also blame the delusional entitlement that some of our "old school" fans seem to have, that circumvented popular opinion and general wisdom on what it takes to have a successful college football brand. No offense to you Brad, or anyone else specifically. There is almost a poetry to the karmatic occurence that is UCF leaving us behind.

Not real sure how anybody can say that was clear in 2007 without a crystal ball back then. If CJL and/or his successor had built upon that 2007 season, with runs similar to the good ones UCF had later, there is no telling where we may be right now. Like I've said elsewhere, I'm not sure we make the 2011-2013 expansion but may have looked better for this last one, with or without an ocs. Still think we were more of a right place/BCS conference, wrong time/not a mature enough yet administration or fan base.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,800
  • Days Won:  8

On 7/15/2022 at 6:59 AM, hm101 said:
00bbb6968d7140e6bc41d174768f2428.jpg?wid

A glimpse into the future of college football features the...

"To be relevant, you will need to be a member of either the SEC or the Big Ten, because they will be the only conferences that matter."

a little hyperbolic but the point is that there's the top 30 40 programs or so, some middle chunk, then everyone else. I believe that USF belongs in that middle chunk. I'm sorry but the lower tiers of the Big 12, Pac whatever, and ACC are tied if not behind USF in many relevant metrics

Delusion. 

USF plays nobodies and sucks. 

As an academic institution yes USF is just as good as many other average to below average schools in the P5. With respect to football, USF is on the same level as ECU and Tulane. Irrelevant to most college football fans and media companies.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To me, if you have to pin it down to one major factor, it was the coach immediately following CJL not being able to build upon what he started. If CSH was handcuffed in regards to that, that could be where ineptitude could come in.

Completely agree. Although CWT was good, he left early and now looks like a flash in the pan. Thus, you could make a case that all of the coaches following CJL were just ok to terrible in range. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

39 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

It has always amazed me how we have never won a regular season conference title in either football or Basketball.  For the love of god let’s win one, this we agree with. 

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

Delusion. 
USF plays nobodies and sucks. 
As an academic institution yes USF is just as good as many other average to below average schools in the P5. With respect to football, USF is on the same level as ECU and Tulane. Irrelevant to most college football fans and media companies.

Not sure where your "delusion" is coming from. He wasn't really talking about football only and mentioned other metrics. I'm sure we are higher than some of those non P2 programs in things like academics and media market ....... so it's all in how you want to quantify the "chunks", as he referred to them, after the only 2 real relevant conferences going forward.

1 hour ago, BULLSHTR said:

Masters of illusion they are but at the perfect time to get them a running show in Vegas ..... not the main strip but just off.