Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The rivalry was supposed to be USF and Miami as Jim foretold.

Instead it ended up being USF and FAU, thanks Judy.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

To say we are not rivals with ucf is correct. They have moved on to better things and we are left in the never-lands to wallow in the depths of nothingness. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To say we are not rivals with ucf is correct. They have moved on to better things and we are left in the never-lands to wallow in the depths of nothingness. 

Same thing their fans could have said 17 years ago but somehow they survived, even thrived, instead of wallowing in self pity .....

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,664
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Same thing their fans could have said 17 years ago but somehow they survived, even thrived, instead of wallowing in self pity .....

It's funny how that works.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Fair point but I never said that we would be here forever. The distinction here was our ineptitude which was a major contributor to them passing us.  However, with the current expansion,  the stakes were higher while the future barriers to entry are greater (compared to the past). Further, the head start they have now is greater than the head start we had due to the barriers of entry…especially if they win conference championships and continue to move up. Is our opportunity to be better insurmountable? Sometimes I feel yes it is and sometimes I have a glimmer of hope. I guess time will tell, but I need to see something tangible in wins.

25 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

It's funny how that works.

Totally different circumstances though….

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,839
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The rivalry was supposed to be USF and Miami as Jim foretold.

Sure, it was supposed to be. That all went out the window when Jim got a little slappy at halftime. Meanwhile, UCF built a stadium, won their conference several times, and now got an invite to a better conference, and recruits better than we do.

I could see USF in the same conference as Miami someday, but we've played them 6 times already and only won once. The more obvious rivalry is definitely UCF, and even they are making a case for being far ahead of USF.

Our best hope now is to not lose ground to FAU, since they will now play at our level. Build the stadium, and win some freakin' games. That way, when the ACC GoR dissolves and they need a new Florida team to fill the FSU void, USF gets the call up. If Miami left the ACC too, then nothing would make me happier than to see both USF and our old rivals UCF playing each other again in the same conference.

5 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Just like UF and FSU belong in the same conference, I guess?

I do think they belong in the same conference. FSU would be a great fit in the SEC.

Edited by BULLSHTR

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,355
  • Days Won:  490

For 20 years some have settled for UCF as the top goal of our program, others had targeted a higher "plateau" 😂.  Only one coach has got us in that discussion and that was 15 years ago, so I understand the UCF little brother mentality many newer Bulls fans have.  Many of us never had that perspective and still don't regardless of the tragedy our program has become.  

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,839
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

For 20 years some have settled for UCF as the top goal of our program, others had targeted a higher "plateau" 😂.  Only one coach has got us in that discussion and that was 15 years ago, so I understand the UCF little brother mentality many newer Bulls fans have.  Many of us never had that perspective and still don't regardless of the tragedy our program has become.  

Yeah, I went to school at USF from 2005-2009 and I never understood this delusion that a 7 year old USF program was in fact leaps and bounds ahead of UCF. It was pretty fantastic that we won the first 4 meetings, but I was on the side of the discussion back then that we needed an on-campus stadium in order to compete in college football long term.

It was clear even back in 2007 that UCF's investment into their Athletics was going to ultimately have them surpass USF, if USF didn't keep up. Which they did not. Of course "leaving them behind" was the only way we could move on to bigger and better rivals, without having to actually match UCF's investment into their program.

I blame Genshaft for a lot of things, but I also blame the delusional entitlement that some of our "old school" fans seem to have, that circumvented popular opinion and general wisdom on what it takes to have a successful college football brand. No offense to you Brad, or anyone else specifically. There is almost a poetry to the karmatic occurence that is UCF leaving us behind.

Edited by BULLSHTR
got a sentence meaning backwards.

We are drifting dangerously into @puc86 territory (where I agree with him) and far off topic.  :)  

I still yearn for us to set high expectations and achieve at the highest level.  We are a long way from it, but there is no better time to rebuild than right now (unless we can turn back the clock).

We do that, we should be considered for a better conference.  We need to be.