Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  421
  • Content Count:  9,780
  • Days Won:  8

Like to see the details on what voids the ACC TV contract. Like if FSU or VT or Miami goes, is it ripped up. At some point it, schools leaving will void their contract just like the NBC/ESPN clause. Getting into the ACC, not that I think it will happen, doesn't mean a vastly better TV contract. That being said if UConn or Cincy replaces FSU and the NBE contract is voided, then expect what, CUSA money for the new contract? People keep talking about getting out of this conference. And go where?

BIG 12 BIG MONEY.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ok, I really have tried to stay oblivious to this entire realignment conversation since it all seems like baseless opinions from people who, in reality know nothing.

My question is, based on the ESPN article that addressed the clause that can void our new media deal if 2 more teams leave the conference. It lists UCONN and Cincy in the "Group A" teams and goes on later in the article to state that UCONN and Cincy are next in line for ACC admittance. No mention of that USF is in the mix at all. Is this true or just Brett purposely ignoring any positive USF speculation? (Yes he authored the article).

What is the buzz or speculation out there about UCONN and or UC?

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Like to see the details on what voids the ACC TV contract. Like if FSU or VT or Miami goes, is it ripped up. At some point it, schools leaving will void their contract just like the NBC/ESPN clause. Getting into the ACC, not that I think it will happen, doesn't mean a vastly better TV contract. That being said if UConn or Cincy replaces FSU and the NBE contract is voided, then expect what, CUSA money for the new contract? People keep talking about getting out of this conference. And go where?

BIG 12 BIG MONEY.

You think USF is going to the Big 12?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Ok, I really have tried to stay oblivious to this entire realignment conversation since it all seems like baseless opinions from people who, in reality know nothing.

My question is, based on the ESPN article that addressed the clause that can void our new media deal if 2 more teams leave the conference. It lists UCONN and Cincy in the "Group A" teams and goes on later in the article to state that UCONN and Cincy are next in line for ACC admittance. No mention of that USF is in the mix at all. Is this true or just Brett purposely ignoring any positive USF speculation? (Yes he authored the article).

What is the buzz or speculation out there about UCONN and or UC?

Brett is an a-hole who will do anything he can to dismiss USF when given the chance, I spoke with him for 2 hours yesterday about it before he even published that article and he made mention that I wouldn't like it before he posted it. You honestly think if just FSU and/or Miami leave they will replace them with UConn and UC and completely leave the FL market? Negative. UConn and Cincy have been rumored to head to either the B1G or the ACC when the poop hits the fan (which involves multiple ACC schools leaving). USF has been rumored to head to either the ACC or the Big12, and that hasn't changed.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I know it wouldn't be as much, but how much worse of a contract can we get at this point. Reminds me of an old Bill Preston song...Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've been told the Big 12 is inviting FSU and BYU next Monday for the 2014 season. FSU plans to take the same steps as Maryland for an exit.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

I've been told the Big 12 is inviting FSU and BYU next Monday for the 2014 season. FSU plans to take the same steps as Maryland for an exit.

so if fsu leaves, do we get an invite or does another team? or does that start the exodus of ACC schools?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

so if fsu leaves, do we get an invite or does another team? or does that start the exodus of ACC schools?

If this were the scenario, then I'd be real worried.

We need FSU and another ACC program to leave.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

so the acc would basically just have miami to draw the state of florida?

Edited by 2000bull

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If it is FSU that moves, it's OK for us, I think that the ACC may still want 2 Florida schools. Who knows, if it's just FSU , Miami may lobby for us.