Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Everyone laughs at the prospects of USF going to ACC or Big 10, but somewhere out there is a tape of our home games against WVU, FSU, GT, Wisconsin, BYU, Kansas, Louisville etc-  The seats are filled.  In some cases the upper deck is filled.  When we are good its filled with USF fans, when we are bad its filled with away team fans. 

The Bay area is unique in that it has transplants from all over the country, and a road trip here is not just to go to a football game or Disney World- the area has so much to offer. This school in a better conference is a money maker, especially if there is a stadium that the school controls on campus.  Games against P5 schools will sell out no matter what, and the influx of cash and visibility that a conference offers will make the team better. 

If the Big 10 is out there looking at FSU or Miami and the GOR is prohibitive they can look down the road at USF and see a school that has an admin ready to spend to invest in the program.  Invest in USF and by the time the ACC GOR is done they are ahead of FSU and Miami.   Big 10 was willing to bet on Rutgers, is USF a worse bet than Rutgers long term?

Dude, their ain’t no f’n way we will EVER be in the B10. Jesus are you people serious???? You are projecting we will move from the AAC to the B10? Wake up!!!! We haven’t won nothing in this **** conference. And if it is the ACC it will be a conference with a handful of the original members (we won’t be playing Clemson in football or Duke in basketball maybe Wake Forrest). USF filled up a stadium once but that was 15 years ago. We have been so irrelevant since that it’s extremely unlikely anyone remembers or would take a chance relative to other moves the conferences could take. Last, unless the leadership changes in the Athletic Department I see no one who has the skill set to get us there. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

Big10 brass are familiar with Tampa through the affiliation with what was the Outback Bowl (now ReliaQuest Bowl), so they know that there is a draw for fans and alumni here.

By the way, I wonder if we can make a "small" donation to the AAU invitation committee to expedite our inclusion?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Interesting comment from the Big 10 commish in an article in today's paper, "Warren said Los Angeles had the largest section of Big Ten alumni outside the Midwest". Florida's got to be in top 5 you'd think.

One thing's for sure about big 10 fans is that they sure like to vacation in Tampa Bay and the rest of southwest FL down to Naples.  Many of them retire here.  It's like they hop on I-75 and just go south until they see some palm trees.   I was in Siesta Key for the first week of march madness and 90% of the people I saw were wearing gear from one of the big 10 teams...in and out of the bars.  I'd say we have more than LA here.  Maybe they don't live here permanently, but they certainly spend alot of time here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

My comment was in reference to the "Big 12 dropped ball by not stealing USF now they may have missed their opportunity." part of the comment. NO ONE has missed an opportunity to "steal" USF. Do I think it will be an opportunity for the B12 or ACC? Absolutely. And I think ACC more so IF the SEC is serious about FSU.

I think there are some on here that use hyperbole for good and some who use it for evil. BullDaly is in the good camp .... :iconic_u_black:

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Few thoughts on what some hav3 posted.

USF to BigTen is dreaming, they would add FSU or UM before USF should they wanted to move into Florida.

USF to ACC is a long shot as long as FSU and UM are there, one leaves odds goes up. With both of them only the long shot scenario I posted earlier makes senses.

Stanford is not going Indy and most likely PAC sticks together for the short term with if they are smart adding SDSU and SMU. I don’t think they would add Boise or Fresno because academics still plays a part with them and they think BT might come calling for some of them 

Big12 is USF’s best bet right now but they more likely sit back and wait for next BT/ SEC moves and see who else becomes available 

USF really has the next 5 years to finish OCS and start winning consistently, start winning AAC and go to NY6 bowls to get its name and support back up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude, their ain’t no f’n way we will EVER be in the B10. Jesus are you people serious???? You are projecting we will move from the AAC to the B10? Wake up!!!! And if it is the ACC it will be a conference with a handful of the original members (we won’t be playing Clemson in football or Duke in basketball maybe Wake Forrest). USF filled up a stadium once but that was 15 years ago. We have been so irrelevant since that it’s extremely unlikely anyone remembers or would take a chance relative to other moves the conferences could take. Last, unless the leadership changes in the Athletic Department I see no one who has the skill set to get us there. 

****, did someone **** in your Wheaties this morning ....?

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No, I just can’t deal with pie in the sky thinking with little to no chance. Then when nothing happens people get pissed. It’s called expectations and some people need to lower them tremendously. We can get into a better conference but this needs to be looked at from a realistic perspective. 

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,729
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

NEB has pretty much been the lone voice of sanity and realism in this thread.  All of this dreaming of USF to the ACC/B10 is purely delusional.  We’ve done absolutely nothing to deserve it.  It appears that things are headed in the right direction but only time will tell.  Right now our expansion resume is void of any meaningful accomplishments to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Few thoughts on what some hav3 posted.

USF to BigTen is dreaming, they would add FSU or UM before USF should they wanted to move into Florida.

USF to ACC is a long shot as long as FSU and UM are there, one leaves odds goes up. With both of them only the long shot scenario I posted earlier makes senses.

Stanford is not going Indy and most likely PAC sticks together for the short term with if they are smart adding SDSU and SMU. I don’t think they would add Boise or Fresno because academics still plays a part with them and they think BT might come calling for some of them 

Big12 is USF’s best bet right now but they more likely sit back and wait for next BT/ SEC moves and see who else becomes available 

USF really has the next 5 years to finish OCS and start winning consistently, start winning AAC and go to NY6 bowls to get its name and support back up.

Finally some reality as compared to the past comments. Thank you! 

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

NEB has pretty much been the lone voice of sanity and realism in this thread.  All of this dreaming of USF to the ACC/B10 is purely delusional.  We’ve done absolutely nothing to deserve it.  It appears that things are headed in the right direction but only time will tell.  Right now our expansion resume is void of any meaningful accomplishments to be taken seriously.

Thank you. I would love to be on the B10…that would be awesome. But the reasoning I see here (B10 fans like to vacation in Florida, the B10 plays a bowl game in Tampa, we filled a stadium 15 years ago, etc.) is just nonsensical. The B10 will NEVER take a G5 school when they could get much more reputable programs from the west or hope to snag ND. I mean get real people. The B12 could happen and a much watered down ACC could as well but it will probably be years before that happens. We need to get recognized as a program first and that comes from winning games and playing in big bowls and winning them. 

• Upvote 1