Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Oh I totally agree. But is funny to hear many that think ACC can’t get 50 million per team , turn around and talk about Big12 getting that.

As I said, not saying it would happen, but is the only shot USF has at going to ACC. Our most likely target is Big 12

And absolutely winning is a big driver, but as proven by Boise it isn’t the only driver in expansion 

Wasn’t the ACC mulling around the idea of a tiered pay system within the conference? So pay the better, or more valued teams, a premium price; then pay a team like USF a lower amount.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, UCF_rustbucket said:

ESPN already controls the ACC through 2036 at a favorable rate. This is an issue for the ACC teams but not ESPN. 

For the Big 12, the $50M estimate comes from the estimates Navigate put out and won't be reached until 2028. Also worth noting that the $50M per team is total payout that also includes CFP money, NCAA credits, bowl money, etc, not just the media deal.

Read last sentence of my post. You keep trying to show that there is zero chance this will happen. I keep telling you that I’m not saying it will happen but that it is possible.

Since neither you nor I are in those ACC/ESPN talks neither one of us knows what’s going on.

With that said I’m done.

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Wasn’t the ACC mulling around the idea of a tiered pay system within the conference? So pay the better, or more valued teams, a premium price; then pay a team like USF a lower amount.

Yes and that’s what I proposed in earlier post

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

4 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

ESPN already controls the ACC through 2036 at a favorable rate. This is an issue for the ACC teams but not ESPN. 

For the Big 12, the $50M estimate comes from the estimates Navigate put out and won't be reached until 2028. Also worth noting that the $50M per team is total payout that also includes CFP money, NCAA credits, bowl money, etc, not just the media deal.

ahhh so probably a lot of NCAA credits considering the BIG 12 won the ncaa tournament the past 2 years. 

Does anyone know how that works with realignment? Will the 4 new schools entering the conference get NCAA credit money for ncaa tourney games that happened when they we'rent in the conference?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Read last sentence of my post. You keep trying to show that there is zero chance this will happen. I keep telling you that I’m not saying it will happen but that it is possible.

Since neither you nor I are in those ACC/ESPN talks neither one of us knows what’s going on.

With that said I’m done.

It’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t hate it. Each school gets their value, and if they overperform then they get more?

Who assesses the value of a school though?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

With that said I’m done.

Just saw the last sentence. I'd say you're equally trying to make scenarios where they'd need USF. Any team leaving would have to fight the GOR. In order to not have that fight, they'd need to dissolve the ACC. There aren't enough landing spots in the B1G and SEC for the ACC teams to vote to do that. The ones with little to no chance of finding a home would vote to remain a conference and take in all the exit money. 

But back to what you're saying, how would adding G5 teams to create an unsustainable unequal payout structure be the long term saving grace? Those teams would just leave to one of the P2.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

ahhh so probably a lot of NCAA credits considering the BIG 12 won the ncaa tournament the past 2 years. 

Does anyone know how that works with realignment? Will the 4 new schools entering the conference get NCAA credit money for ncaa tourney games that happened when they we'rent in the conference?

Nah, teams are only eligible to receive credits for the years they're members of the conference. For the 4 new teams, it would be credits earned in the 23-24 season onwards. So the 8 leftover teams don't have to share older credits with them.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932

Just now, UCF_rustbucket said:

Nah, teams are only eligible to receive credits for the years they're members of the conference. For the 4 new teams, it would be credits earned in the 23-24 season onwards. So the 8 leftover teams don't have to share older credits with them.

Guess you have trouble reading all of my posts. Maybe go back and read where I repeat over and over that I’m not saying it will happen. Or maybe the one where I say that’s the only way I see USF in ACC and that the Big12 is more likely target.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

26 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Who assesses the value of a school though?

That's the fluffy self-perpetuating BS of this whole thing.  ESPN wants "big names" and that is the value, whether they do anything or not.  By giving them 60 million a year, it helps to separate the pack more so that they can eventually win by default.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

This is in response to Nathan's tweet about our chances at the ACC being better than decent. Only 2 days ago

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, bulloni said:

This is in response to Nathan's tweet about our chances at the ACC being better than decent. Only 2 days ago

How often has The Daily Stampede been on the crest of breaking news?

• Haha 4