Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Oh, forgot GT.  That counts, too.  Thankfully we had that guy Horn who could run back kicks and score TDs.

But yes, I agree that its ancient history.  Us old Bulls fans are like Al Bundy still recalling his high school days at Polk high--4 touchdowns in one game.  We need to start winning now--people have short attention spans.

LOL...us old bulls are about all that is left on this board. But I do think some put too much emphasis on what once was. I mean I can't see the ACC ADs sitting around in a room decidiing who gets the inviatation and one of them says "hey, USF beat Auburn 15 years ago, lets go after them." Yes, that was a special time for us and its nice to reflect on it from time to time, but it has little to no relaivancy for exapansion. In terms of the GT game some would question why did we need to come back against a bottom feeder program? 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s pretty easy to be down on a program that represents the key stone cops well. They have given me zero proof they know what they are doing. Zero! Here we are saying that if they win 5 games it is a successful season. Are you kidding me? 

I’m saying we are winning 6 or more games this season. USF is almost complete with a great IPF and the OCS is on the way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LOL...us old bulls are about all that is left on this board. But I do think some put too much emphasis on what once was. I mean I can't see the ACC ADs sitting around in a room decidiing who gets the inviatation and one of them says "hey, USF beat Auburn 15 years ago, lets go after them." Yes, that was a special time for us and its nice to reflect on it from time to time, but it has little to no relaivancy for exapansion. In terms of the GT game some would question why did we need to come back against a bottom feeder program? 

I agree they won’t say that, but they do remember USF in the BigEast and what USF could become if brought up to that level again. USF is currently doing all it can do to show we are willing to spend to compete, that had not happened before, now we need to win on the field. I think if we can get 5+ wins this year, starts moving us back in the right direction. The BYU game is probably one of the biggest game in our history. If we can win that one it builds momentum for rest of year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree they won’t say that, but they do remember USF in the BigEast and what USF could become if brought up to that level again. USF is currently doing all it can do to show we are willing to spend to compete, that had not happened before, now we need to win on the field. I think if we can get 5+ wins this year, starts moving us back in the right direction. The BYU game is probably one of the biggest game in our history. If we can win that one it builds momentum for rest of year.

Well said! I have to admit I was not feeling it ever since Charlie Strong destroyed everything what Taggart had built while he was at USF. This past offseason has been positive and now I am very hyped up for this season. Things just feel like they are finally moving back up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m saying we are winning 6 or more games this season. USF is almost complete with a great IPF and the OCS is on the way. 

I too think winning 6 games is doable but again, I need to actually SEE it. My patience is wearing thin and I refuse to go forward with only happy thoughts until I see something translating into actual wins. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

25 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Completly agree, it can't hurt but CFB has changed so much since we were that relavant (15 years). Perhaps more emphasis should be placed on the back to back final poll rankings we had somewhat recently. But your main point, winnig, is the magic elixor, without it nothing happens. I can live with 5 wins personally but that needs to include a P5 upset somewhere. Yes, BYU is probably the best chance and that game will go a long way. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Completly agree, it can't hurt but CFB has changed so much since we were that relavant (15 years). Perhaps more emphasis should be placed on the back to back final poll rankings we had somewhat recently. But your main point, winnig, is the magic elixor, without it nothing happens. I can live with 5 wins personally but that needs to include a P5 upset somewhere. Yes, BYU is probably the best chance and that game will go a long way. 

Yep.  Winning recently/winning NOW is the recipe.  I remember thinking that our lame-ass neighbors to the east would always be remembered for their 0-fer seasons in the past, but they were magically erased by a couple of magic seasons they had at the exactly right time.  As cartman would say:  I HATE those guys.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

53 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

This would be a fantastic direction.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My opinon? No, I do not think we do. Or, at least I have seen no signs that it is warrented "yet." That is why I have been saying USF is better off if the expansion train slows down for a few years. That will give us time to solidfy infrastructures and improve on the field.  

I can't disagree with that and that's pretty much why I don't think this one coming year has an effect one way or the other pertaining to an immediate invite. We either get invited this round or we don't, but agree need to get things rolling for the next round, if there is one. It would great if the on the field stuff started turning around this year and, like it or not, a 4 or 5 win season could be the start. Time would tell going forward.

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I can't disagree with that and that's pretty much why I don't think this one coming year has an effect one way or the other pertaining to an immediate invite. We either get invited this round or we don't, but agree need to get things rolling for the next round, if there is one. It would great if the on the field stuff started turning around this year and, like it or not, a 4 or 5 win season could be the start. Time would tell going forward.

But we have to start somewhere and at some time. Constantly saying (at the start of every season) that we don't have to win this year will create no rush and complacency which we simply cannot afford if we are going to a better conference.   

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1