Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,788
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m curious to see what Big12 schools fit the ACC profile? USF is the better fit for ACC. Plus the connections that USF already has with the ACC will help get us in. Maybe ACC will look at WVU again but they were already turned down due to academics. 

WVU would be a good add. I would so love to be back in a conference with WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville. Those were fun games to watch.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just now, Peatearpan said:

WVU would be a good add. I would so love to be back in a conference with WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville. Those were fun games to watch.

Yes I can see that happening in our future. The question is when. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The ACC would try to add B12 schools if this occurred. That would mean the B12 would need to backfill unless they get the 3 schools they targeted from the PAC prior to all of this going down. Also the only way this happens is if the ACC can get the contract renegotiated which I think is unlikely. 

Jus a though, but IF the ACC thought that they would lose FSU and Miami, would they add USF to keep a foot in the Florida market? Or, would they, mistakenly, wait to see what happens? It seems to me that every realignment move so far has come as a surprise to the losing conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m curious to see what Big12 schools fit the ACC profile? USF is the better fit for ACC. Plus the connections that USF already has with the ACC will help get us in. Maybe ACC will look at WVU again but they were already turned down due to academics. 

I think you are overstating the importance of ACC profile. In the end all that matters is money. But, SMU (AAC) and TCU would all fit the profile. WVU would bring more tradition and fans. I am not a believer in MK making a big difference. I don’t think he has that kind of power nor do I think he has the personality to be aggressive enough to make that kind of difference. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Jus a though, but IF the ACC thought that they would lose FSU and Miami, would they add USF to keep a foot in the Florida market? Or, would they, mistakenly, wait to see what happens? It seems to me that every realignment move so far has come as a surprise to the losing conference.

This is the big question. If the ACC  lost those two schools we could position ourself nicely. But, but…they could also take ucf over us as well. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is the big question. If the ACC  lost those two schools we could position ourself nicely. But, but…they could also take ucf over us as well. 

I know they have a history of stepping in a bucket of poo and come out smelling like roses, but if they just paid an exit fee to the AAC would they turn around and pay an exit fee to the B12? Assuming of course the B12 doesn't cancel their contract. But that would have to happen before next season. Fingers crossed.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you are overstating the importance of ACC profile. In the end all that matters is money. But, SMU (AAC) and TCU would all fit the profile. WVU would bring more tradition and fans. I am not a believer in MK making a big difference. I don’t think he has that kind of power nor do I think he has the personality to be aggressive enough to make that kind of difference. 

Lol I surprised how down you are regarding USF. Things are finally heading up for us so hopefully we will see it on the field. MK was one of the top executives in the ACC. He is Mr ACC imo. I’m sure USF is one of the top candidates to join ACC once they lose FSU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Lol I surprised how down you are regarding USF. Things are finally heading up for us so hopefully we will see it on the field. MK was one of the top executives in the ACC. He is Mr ACC imo. I’m sure USF is one of the top candidates to join ACC once they lose FSU.

In addition, our academics are significantly higher than UCF's. This would be a major factor of consideration with the ACC.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

36 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I know they have a history of stepping in a bucket of poo and come out smelling like roses, but if they just paid an exit fee to the AAC would they turn around and pay an exit fee to the B12? Assuming of course the B12 doesn't cancel their contract. But that would have to happen before next season. Fingers crossed.

It would be a small fee consistory have never played a down for them. 

13 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

In addition, our academics are significantly higher than UCF's. This would be a major factor of consideration with the ACC.

I don’t think that is as big as many people think. You want a team that has actually won something and can be competitive right away as well.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

50 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

You both are forgetting the ACC members place a higher emphasis on academics.  It's the reason WVU and Cincinnati were not invited a decade go.  USF has a much (much) better academic standing that UCF, and I don't know if UCF would want to leave the Big 12 and pay another exit fee for what would be a lateral move at best... heck, this new ACC without the top programs could be a step down (in their eyes).

50 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The ACC might be doing some due diligence on possible replacements, but there is no reason to act until they are compelled to do so.  The conference knows there are programs would would jump the first chance they get... but the conference may also feel confident that chance is 2036.

The only possible option would be adding Pac 10 teams if that conference implodes.  Adding Stanford and Cal would mean new markets for the ACC network, which would increase the $$ for the conference... but at the same time adding any team could threaten the Grant of Rights, which are specifically tied to the "ESPN Agreement" -- and the draft I read from The Athletic did not have any clause that would have the GoR apply to a new agreement.