Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

This dude's a UCF fan right? I see his downvoted reputation and his posts always sound like a UCF fan. This is a take so delusional only someone from those fanbases would make it

While Triple B cleared things up with stating he was an ECU fan who later went to USF, your statement is not that far off.  Several on here previously made the statement ECU = UCF due to the propensity of ECU fans to be overzealous at times in their love for their team and hatred of ours and their dislike of our university. That also may be why that one guy has many downvotes which may not be relevant to the opinions he holds today.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

And the B12 will get more in 2 years. I still think the three or four PAC schools go to the B12 for stability. 

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

If all 10 sign the Grant of Rights, they can't be poached by the Big 12 and won't go to the Big Ten.

I’ll be simply shocked if they sign one. They would be crazy to do it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Isn't $25M per year roughly the same as what the Big 12 was allegedly looking at? Or was it less than that?

Most assuredly the B12 will get more than that in 2 years. Not sure if significantly more but I could see more just from a stability standpoint.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,779
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Brad said:

No need to go personal.  It doesn't change facts or fiction.

Fact the last year three years have been a disaster and we can only hope to improve this year with all the talent and coaching changes coming in. If we want to go to a power conference we have to win with or without an OCS.

• Crying 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

48 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

While Triple B cleared things up with stating he was an ECU fan who later went to USF, your statement is not that far off.  Several on here previously made the statement ECU = UCF due to the propensity of ECU fans to be overzealous at times in their love for their team and hatred of ours and their dislike of our university. That also may be why that one guy has many downvotes which may not be relevant to the opinions he holds today.  

i'll admit i had clicked on his profile before and there was 1 comment in particular about how we had to catch up to FAU that had me suspicious. But glad its cleared up

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll be simply shocked if they sign one. They would be crazy to do it.

No one is signing GOR in any conference. Oregon and Washington are better targets than anyone in Big12, but if you think Kansas, West Virginia or OKState. Are signing GOR then you are missing the point, that they also rather be elsewhere and think they might have a chance if more dominoes fall. The only leagues that are safe are SEC and BigTen, the ACC is a time bomb.

The Big12 contract is an enigma, nobody knows until the dust with BigTen settles. The BT wants their product in many networks, so I wouldn’t be surprise that they take a bite from each Fox, ESPN, NBC and CBS. So the question will be what is left for the PAC and then later for Big12. Both of those are going to be tv fillers so I just don’t see the 40-50 million being thrown around as a given.

We will find out as soon as BigTen signs their contract 

16 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

No one is signing GOR in any conference. Oregon and Washington are better targets than anyone in Big12, but if you think Kansas, West Virginia or OKState. Are signing GOR then you are missing the point, that they also rather be elsewhere and think they might have a chance if more dominoes fall. The only leagues that are safe are SEC and BigTen, the ACC is a time bomb.

The Big12 contract is an enigma, nobody knows until the dust with BigTen settles. The BT wants their product in many networks, so I wouldn’t be surprise that they take a bite from each Fox, ESPN, NBC and CBS. So the question will be what is left for the PAC and then later for Big12. Both of those are going to be tv fillers so I just don’t see the 40-50 million being thrown around as a given.

We will find out as soon as BigTen signs their contract 

Agreed 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,779
  • Days Won:  30

If we want to go to a power conference any time soon we need to start winning.  We have a proven qb from a p5 conference, transfer talent on offense and defense, and "improved coaching " with new oc,dc,and proven  offensive analyst that can  help run an offense with Chad Morris.  The ipf is finishing up soon and we need the wins to build momentum to get any kind of possible invite to a better conference. It is time to shine  and get some last licks on our former conference mates moving on to a power conference yet again without us.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If we want to go to a power conference any time soon we need to start winning.  We have a proven qb from a p5 conference, transfer talent on offense and defense, and "improved coaching " with new oc,dc,and proven  offensive analyst that can  help run an offense with Chad Morris.  The ipf is finishing up soon and we need the wins to build momentum to get any kind of possible invite to a better conference. It is time to shine  and get some last licks on our former conference mates moving on to a power conference yet again without us.

The key is for USF to get in the right P4 conference. Forget the Big 12 as that is a sinking ship. ACC or bust imo