• Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

More money. 

That would be Mo Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

You know, if this whole thing was actually about the schools and parity. A great realignment scenario would be to have twelve regional 10 team conferences. Winner of each gets in, next four get in. But it’s not, and it sucks, and we suck.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Days Won:  0

Heres why I dont get worried about realignment: 

1. Somebody always gets upset and blows the whole thing up.  You think Okalahoma and Texas are going to like being bottom feeders? Or USC and UCLA?  

2. As the country grows in population so does parity in sports.  Those conferences cant support all gifted athletes. 

3. HBCUs are are starting to gain traction on getting athletes. This will continue to grow and also change parity. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

1. Somebody always gets upset and blows the whole thing up.  You think Okalahoma and Texas are going to like being bottom feeders? Or USC and UCLA?  

2. As the country grows in population so does parity in sports.  Those conferences cant support all gifted athletes. 

3. HBCUs are are starting to gain traction on getting athletes. This will continue to grow and also change parity. 

You nailed it. Super conferences will eventually eat each other up and break apart kind of like the WAC did many years ago. The WAC got too big.  USF just nees to do two things right now. Get that state or the art OCS completed and start winning games. That is all we can control rn.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

In the opposite order...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I 100% agree.

That's what I love about the transfer portal. It's going to even the level of the playing field and help better distribute the talent on all levels. The FCS and D2 divisions are full of ex-FBS players now.  

The best thing about realignment is that now they have to expand the playoffs for the SEC and Big 10. The SEC needs more spots, so they are the biggest proponents for the expansion of the playoffs. As long as a G6 team is guaranteed a spot, then we have a  path to the playoffs either way. Of course we all rather be in a P5, but as long as there is a spot for G5 teams we have a path. 

As for HBCU's, I think FAMU has a chance to make the FCS playoffs this year. Jackson State had a scheduling conflict that prevented them from making the playoffs last year. Once these HBCU's start winning titles, it will gain even more traction. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Any chance FAMU wants to be a satellite campus?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

If we wait to start the state of the art stadium, it will be even more state of the art!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

51 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

You nailed it. Super conferences will eventually eat each other up and break apart kind of like the WAC did many years ago. The WAC got too big.  USF just nees to do two things right now. Get that state or the art OCS completed and start winning games. That is all we can control rn.

None of this makes any sense to me, but I do like hearing things like ESPN losing 10% of their subscribers and things of that nature.  

If there is a college like USF that has an enormous student and alumni population, I would want to get that money by making them at least feel like they are in the same table even if a championship was statistically unlikely.  This is how it felt watching all the coverage back in the Big East days, so it was fun to watch all the coverage and games.  Now I am pretty much tuned out of CFB at large except for a light interest in our dinky conference. 

I am guessing their play is to eat everything, consolidate, ruin it, golden parachute out, and then pay everyone less as it dies?  That seems to be what the new so-called "playoff" model is doing at a meta level anyway.  Or maybe they think I will magically become a Gator fan once we are in the Sun Belt?  In reality, I would just spend 0 dollars on sports entertainment or media coverage if it stays on a its current track.  They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot by not growing and pumping up new markets and subscriptions.  Maybe what is needed is to cut ties with the legacy ad revenue model so the obsession is not with pointless brand names.  The brand name people will still always spend money anyway, but you would cast a wider net overall.  Anyway, I will once again pass on the Alabama vs. OSU vs. whatever game this year.

Just now, Peatearpan said:

If we wait to start the state of the art stadium, it will be even more state of the art!

We just need some benches and cool USF stuff.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13