Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, bulloni said:

starting to wonder if the dominoes we're something OCS related and just tweeted at the worst possible time for the fanbase

There were a string of USF tweets from people at USF or with ties to USF around the same exact time all of this was going on.  One of them was Grothe's tweet, which now seems to imply that he would be part of the university in some way, and now I'm wondering if Bond's tweet was related to the same thing.  I know for a fact that USF had meetings related to expansion last week but I'd imagine every p5 and g5 conference in the nation did as well.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

An absolute genius post, keep reposting the same thing over and over until everyone comes to the same conclusion that this is the best plan laid out by far.  Let’s tear down the IPF as well and make it a roller derby rink. 

Because NO ONE on here EVER does that.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

There were a string of USF tweets from people at USF or with ties to USF around the same exact time all of this was going on.  One of them was Grothe's tweet, which now seems to imply that he would be part of the university in some way, and now I'm wondering if Bond's tweet was related to the same thing.  I know for a fact that USF had meetings related to expansion last week but I'd imagine every p5 and g5 conference in the nation did as well.  

Nathan's was definitely related to conference realignment. The first letter of each line of his tweet spelt out "ACC"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

9 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Brad, As this topic is under USF Bulls Athletics, it should be  relevant to USF football and athletics!

Not 50 Pages of Pac12 / big 12 nonsense!

Using that thought process, considering that since this thread was started USF hasn't been involved in any realignment, it's actually been 2446 pages of nonsense ...

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

9 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Brad, As this topic is under USF Bulls Athletics, it should be  relevant to USF football and athletics!

Not 50 Pages of Pac12 / big 12 nonsense!

Realignment always impacts USF directly.  This could be in the form of future schedules or monies received.  So there you go.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

An absolute genius post, keep reposting the same thing over and over until everyone comes to the same conclusion that this is the best plan laid out by far.  Let’s tear down the IPF as well and make it a roller derby rink. 

Wouldn't you keep it intact and just put the roller derby rink inside? I love roller derby, btw ....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Using that thought process, considering that since this thread was started USF hasn't been involved in any realignment, it's actually been 2446 pages of nonsense ...

That's why this is the best thread.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

I know a lot of what this guy says is just throwing **** against a wall to see what sticks, but this post raises an interesting theory that might have some merit.

In a previous replay here @Cubanbullsuggested the ACC teams might want to restructure their agreement with ESPN to provide a "tiered" payment plan. Something I've seen posted in various tweets as well.  Cuban's suggestion is the ACC would add teams now, which would allow the ESPN Agreement to be re-opened for such a restructure.

However, the Grant of Rights document specifically mention the "ESPN Agreement" as being what are covered.  The "rights" being "granted" are the rights associated with ESPN - that is any home sporting event.  But if the agreement is re-opened and a "new" one is signed, it would be fairly easy for lawyers to get out of the grant of rights, because the "rights" being "granted" were those associated with the "old" ESPN agreement. (Even if they are technically for the same thing).  

Now, I am not a lawyer nor to I play one on TV, it just seems to be that re-opening the ESPN agreement for any reason would severely jeopardize the Grant of Rights agreement.  Which means the ACC/Pac 12 - "loose alliance" would be no different than the one announced previously.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Wouldn't you keep it intact and just put the roller derby rink inside? I love roller derby, btw ....

We just got lacrosse, so why not add roller derby?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

That's why this is the best thread.

Ain't that the truth ....