Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is offensive to many that put in the work to build a successful program.

The invite was received in 2003.  At that time USF was 51-26 (Leavitt was plateauing already) and a helluva story with wins over top ranked I-AA teams and I-A teams (remember Pittsburgh?, #25 Bowling Green?).  That is far different than looking at a team that has gone 14-32 in last four years, with seven wins in last three seasons.

You're talking about a much bigger bet on location...and maybe some potential (but no such sign of it to outsiders).

Offensive only to the thin skinned. The program was 7 freaking years old and had been 1-A for 3. When I say "potential", I assumed it would be recognized that it meant potential at the highest level of college football, which we weren't at.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

USF has been working pretty hard to cultivate a cheerful twitter following as it seems that is another thing UCF destroys us on. 

I don't know why any dude on the internet would expect an AD to call him.  That's ridiculous.

Probably a decent sized donor that thinks he is more important then he really is.  I like the way MK seems fairly accessible, probably a big reason he is able to find more success in fundraising then his predecessor.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

a loony former board member

We have a lot of them.  Only the sane ones stay.  :roflmao:

Message me who that dude is, am curious if I know him.  Although I only read the comment quoted here, it didn't sound familiar.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,633
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

USF has been working pretty hard to cultivate a cheerful twitter following as it seems that is another thing UCF destroys us on. 

I don't know why any dude on the internet would expect an AD to call him.  That's ridiculous.

I think it’s more ridiculous that it’s apparently not seen as ridiculous to our athletic department and most of our fans. I just blasted Biden and Elon for not calling me when I sent them a DM to do so immediately, let’s see where this goes…. 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

You would not consider it to be a public argument with disagreement and back and forth? If things were going well he would probably be busy with that and not have time for such nonsense but alas here we are, can you think of another AD that you see engaging in twitter fights with fans? When people in high positions get into public exchanges with their customers it usually signals things are going bad for them. There is no way to spin a context where arguing with a fan publicly beginning at 1 am and then picking back up again later in the morning is a good look or a good sign. At how many disagreeing responses back and forth would you consider something to be a fight? Get moved up or get to stepping, that’s the only thing that MK is going to be measured on at this point and not niche concerns about funding women’s sports, discussions like this are tantamount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and things people only do when they have no idea what to do about the giant hole in the ship their direction led us into.

21 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Jesus.... We have devolved to middle school 

And in your prior post you described what you were doing on the toilet.  

Unbelievable irony.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You honestly wouldn’t feel better about conference roulette if MK didn’t have time to have soft spots for knuckleheads?

It's totally irrelevant. Obviously, with my perspective, I'd feel better if he didn't utilize Twitter at all but regardless, his presence there has absolutely nothing, good or bad, to do with conference roulette.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Offensive only to the thin skinned. The program was 7 freaking years old and had been 1-A for 3. When I say "potential", I assumed it would be recognized that it meant potential at the highest level of college football, which we weren't at.

I am offended I demand you and Brad jump on a zoom immediately or face me publicly stating that you do not make yourself readily a available to my whims. I also expect at least 10 public responses in a back and forth regarding the speed at which you cater to my requests, if not I will be forced to pull my double digit support, I’m done….

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I think it’s more ridiculous that it’s apparently not seen as ridiculous to our athletic department and most of our fans.

We are literally in the grasping for straws mode (USF Athletics), it makes sense to me.  Just like Jeff Scott visiting every **** school from Pre-K to high school in Florida, Kelly really needs to figure out how to engage the thousands of fans that have been turned away.  I don't disagree with him engaging, but obviously the twitter guy had lofty expectations that MK should have him on speed dial.  The last thing MK wants to be seen as is aloof and out of touch (see Harlan, Mark).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

We have a lot of them.  Only the sane ones stay.  :roflmao:

Message me who that dude is, am curious if I know him.  Although I only read the comment quoted here, it didn't sound familiar.

Are you funning me? You don't know who I'm referring to .....??

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It's totally irrelevant. Obviously, with my perspective, I'd feel better if he didn't utilize Twitter at all but regardless, his presence there has absolutely nothing, good or bad, to do with conference roulette.

Perhaps. I just think perception is reality and even if it only takes 5 minutes a day to petition for inclusion I’d like to think the other 23 hr and 55 minutes would be spent on making the most of those 5 minutes. If we don’t get in and other people do, again, certainly it’s got to cross peoples minds about what we could perhaps do differently and one thing that typically works with initiatives is being singularly focused.