Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,619
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, jjlovecub said:

He most certainly was not. That is a gross misrepresentation of the tweet thread and proof that people infer what they want from texts and posts. 

You would not consider it to be a public argument with disagreement and back and forth? If things were going well he would probably be busy with that and not have time for such nonsense but alas here we are, can you think of another AD that you see engaging in twitter fights with fans? When people in high positions get into public exchanges with their customers it usually signals things are going bad for them. There is no way to spin a context where arguing with a fan publicly beginning at 1 am and then picking back up again later in the morning is a good look or a good sign. At how many disagreeing responses back and forth would you consider something to be a fight? Get moved up or get to stepping, that’s the only thing that MK is going to be measured on at this point and not niche concerns about funding women’s sports, discussions like this are tantamount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and things people only do when they have no idea what to do about the giant hole in the ship their direction led us into.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed ElMattador was acting like a baby and Mike was simply appeasing him.  I would imagine some alcohol was involved in his little hissy fit, either way much to do about nothing. 

Why is he trying to appease such a trivial thing at all hours of the morning? Surely there must be more important concerns at the moment, unless there isn’t.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  736
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why is he trying to appease such a trivial thing at all hours of the morning? Surely there must be more important concerns at the moment, unless there isn’t.

Unless there are tweets I missed this is absolutely not close to an "argument" by some unhinged person who is losing control and picking fights with fans online.  

That's a huuuuuge reach to try and make MK look bad by framing it that way. And as far as spinning an AD who is actively engaged with fans and potential donors as a negative.... that's another swing and a miss.

Frankly I'm more embarrassed for that matador dude since he was crying like he thought he got dumped.  "she's not returning my calls...it's been a few days man.  No I'm done!  She can't dump me"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Your takes are beyond old. Imagine if you spent the same amount of energy supporting USF athletics as you do pretending you know how to run it. 

Edited by jjlovecub

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe ElMattador was in contact with the big 10 about a possible merger with the SEC and adding USF as the final piece of the puzzle and needed to discuss with Mike. This is all part of the master plan as things are beginning to finally fall into place, it is unfortunate you are not seeing what is clearly right in front of you.  He is throwing up smokescreens to keep everybody guessing and to keep the competition off his tracks, strategically effective thus far IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Unless there are tweets I missed this is absolutely not close to an "argument" by some unhinged person who is losing control and picking fights with fans online.  

That's a huuuuuge reach to try and make MK look bad by framing it that way. And as far as spinning an AD who is actively engaged with fans and potential donors as a negative.... that's another swing and a miss.

Frankly I'm more embarrassed for that matador dude since he was crying like he thought he got dumped.  "she's not returning my calls...it's been a few days man.  No I'm done!  She can't dump me"

I didn’t say he was unhinged, I said he seems to have time to worry about this and that’s a bad sign also a back and forth with a customer publicly about what each said in their dm’s is never  a great look but even worse when we are trying to pretend he is busy getting us into a better conference. 

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Maybe ElMattador was in contact with the big 10 about a possible merger with the SEC and adding USF as the final piece of the puzzle and needed to discuss with Mike. This is all part of the master plan as things are beginning to finally fall into place, it is unfortunate you are not seeing what is clearly right in front of you.  He is throwing up smokescreens to keep everybody guessing and to keep the competition off his tracks, strategically effective thus far IMO.  

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

9 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Your takes are beyond old. Imagine if you spent the same amount of energy supporting USF athletics as you do pretending you know how to run it. 

You don’t have to be an Opera singer or have even been to one to know when someone is doing a bad job at it. Move up in conferences and win games, that’s all that matters and we aren’t doing much on either front.  Also a McDonald’s manager would even know not to engage in public disagreements with a customer much less a long back and forth. Please point me in the direction of any success MK has had managing athletics anywhere that leads anyone to have any faith in him? It would be generous to label his time here a failure.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You don’t have to be an Opera singer or have even been to one to know when someone is doing a bad job at it. Move up in conferences and win games, that’s all that matters and we aren’t doing much on either front.  Also a McDonald’s manager would even know not to engage in public disagreements with a customer much less a long back and forth. Please point me in the direction of any success MK has had managing athletics anywhere that leads anyone to have any faith in him? It would be generous to label his time here a failure.

Off field A, (FACILITIES)

on field F (WE SUCK)

avg is a C, he is getting 1/2 the job done 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

The ironic thing about all of this conference jockeying is that they are alienating half of the college football world. The TV viewership of any blueblood game isn't just fans of either school. A lot of non-blueblood fans watch because it is not only entertaining, but in a lot of cases is also relative to their own teams' seasons. If they completely alienate over half of the college football viewing population from this new tier, then why would fans/alum/students/etc care to be pawns in this ad revenue game? This strategy seems to have the potential to be self-diluting.

I think that by the time this all shakes out every game will be on a pay/per/view basis. And I’m not sure the tv market size/population size will make that much difference. I do think the post a few pages back showing viewership does.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  736
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I didn’t say he was unhinged, I said he seems to have time to worry about this and that’s a bad sign also a back and forth with a customer publicly about what each said in their dm’s is never  a great look but even worse when we are trying to pretend he is busy getting us into a better conference. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Mr. hyperbole doesn't recognize hyperbole when it's used against him, suuuuure. 

You got me, you literally did not use the word unhinged.  My entire point is therefore null and void.  Even though MKs behavior in no way shape or form matches the characterization you used in your multiple posts ranting about it; and the entire point of my post was to call out how disingenuous and stupid it was to imply as such....you did not use the word unhinged.