Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Days Won:  14

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wait…hold the phone…😂

I mean, Aresco has to try but let's be honest that's a quick phone call from even the bottomest tier pac12 school. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

NEB you've been having problems with ACC versus AAC...I wonder if MHver3 is suffering too.

Seriously?  The AAC reaching out to Pac12 teams?  :roflmao:

ACC or AAC (moreso) doing so seems ridiculous.  

Knowing what I know about the Pac12, none will join AAC.  They are too far above in their own minds.  Some may consider the Big12 out of desperation, depending on how many walls come crumbling down...

He might have caught my CDD…also known as Conference Dyslexic Disease…😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

We need Notre Dame to say NO to BigTen and remain independent. That would stop the BigTen for now at 16 and allow PAC from imploding. If ND says Yes, you’ll probably see Oregon, Washington and maybe even Stanford join BigTen. Arizona schools, Utah and Colorado probably head for Big12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We need Notre Dame to say NO to BigTen and remain independent. That would stop the BigTen for now at 16 and allow PAC from imploding. If ND says Yes, you’ll probably see Oregon, Washington and maybe even Stanford join BigTen. Arizona schools, Utah and Colorado probably head for Big12

The PAC as we know it is done regardless of ND.  At this point the pressure is on Oregon and Washington to see if they want to apply to the big12 when the other four do ( supposed to be Tuesday-ish).  Do those two want to run with Cal, Stanford, Oregon state and wazzu  and MWC callups? They were already told ‘no’ by the big ten, they can keep putting eggs in that basket but they’ll be in the MWC 2.0 until that decision comes-which takes them into their new tv deal.  Once the ACC opens up the big 10 won’t care about the west anymore.   I won’t venture a guess as to what will ultimately unfold but that is what’s happening the next 24-36 hours.

As far as waiting out the ACC, I don’t like it.  I know it kinda is what it is but I wouldn’t denigrate Aresco for trying anything at this point because the ACC leftovers after the sec, big 10, and big 12 are done you’ll be looking at just Syracuse, BC, Wake, maybe Pitt left.  Even if you want them, that conference will be dissolved due to majority loss so they would have to join the American, though Syracuse may drop football and go big east.  

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Basically right now it is Big Ten>SEC>ACC>PAC 12>Big 12 when it comes to P5. I won’t be surprised when Big 12 gets raided again by PAC12 & BigTen

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The PAC as we know it is done regardless of ND.  At this point the pressure is on Oregon and Washington to see if they want to apply to the big12 when the other four do ( supposed to be Tuesday-ish).  Do those two want to run with Cal, Stanford, Oregon state and wazzu  and MWC callups? They were already told ‘no’ by the big ten, they can keep putting eggs in that basket but they’ll be in the MWC 2.0 until that decision comes-which takes them into their new tv deal.  Once the ACC opens up the big 10 won’t care about the west anymore.   I won’t venture a guess as to what will ultimately unfold but that is what’s happening the next 24-36 hours.

As far as waiting out the ACC, I don’t like it.  I know it kinda is what it is but I wouldn’t denigrate Aresco for trying anything at this point because the ACC leftovers after the sec, big 10, and big 12 are done you’ll be looking at just Syracuse, BC, Wake, maybe Pitt left.  Even if you want them, that conference will be dissolved due to majority loss so they would have to join the American, though Syracuse may drop football and go big east.  

No way in hell Cuse drops football…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Interesting article from 2021 (which may have been posted here previously) showing the viewership of the top 89 FBS teams (uses 2015-2019 numbers) -- here is where USF ranks compared to the current AAC members:

37. Navy (1.01M)
52. Houston (689K)
60. UCF (566K)
61. Memphis (564K)
66. Cincinnati (430K)
68. USF (407K)
72. Temple (354K)
76. Tulsa (265K)
77. SMU (232K)
84. East Carolina (82K)
88. Tulane (42K)

USF is ahead of six P5 programs.

1*5Prvj_h-Rwk8PocC9C_GWg.jpeg

TV viewership isn’t always the best way to measure a college football program’s value. But here’s how each school ranks since 2015.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Of course ESPN wants to hamstring Fox and not let Notre Dame join the Big Ten.... but if this is true, then ESPN working on anything related to ACC Grant of Rights for teams to join the SEC would be out the door.

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

One thing that’s clear in reading every possible scenario on the internet is that all have forgotten that we actually exist as a football program. Scant mentions of us in any scenario. Ugh. Let’s hope they’re all in for a surprise when the dust settles. Otherwise . . . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

One thing that’s clear in reading every possible scenario on the internet is that all have forgotten that we actually exist as a football program. Scant mentions of us in any scenario. Ugh. Let’s hope they’re all in for a surprise when the dust settles. Otherwise . . . 

We were #1 expansion candidate in an article posted a few days ago. Our beat writers are optimistic. I'm not worried. 

My money is on us to ACC eventually.