Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

44 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I’d be so completely down for this. We have been able to schedule huge out of conference games on our own that will draw bigger attendances than Tulsa and SMU. But the TV deal that the AAC has with ESPN is nice exposure. 
Quick question, and follow me here, does USF need ESPN? Whats keeping USF from just broadcasting their own games on GoUSFBulls.com? That way we keep all ad revenue for our own. So if we schedule big programs and stream all the games our own, we could generate pretty good earnings. 

USF gets far far more money from ESPN than it would ever get on its own.  We can't draw 25,000 people to the stadium... we surely don't have enough people who would pay to subscribe for streaming games on GoUSFBulls.com.  If that was really an alternative for schools, it would be done already.  Hell, ESPN is shutting down the Longhorn Network - an effort that never made a profit for ESPN.

The biggest reason, tho, is that USF doesn't own the rights to most of it's games.  AAC games are owned by the AAC, so looking at the OOC games - only home games would fall under USF's purview.  Broadcasting two home games per year (BYU and Howard this year) is not worth the expenses of setting up it's own streaming service.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,259
  • Days Won:  0

Care to elaborate? We are completely irrelevant now. We are literally on par with fau and rice. Ucf has in 10 years left us in their dust. Why is it smart to just keep doing what has failed us so badly? 

Either shut it down or go independent, all road games. At least that way we'd be on people's TVs. 

Edited by Brad
Edit out personal attack
  • Haha 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The Big 12 is about to be 16 . . . of course rumors circulate, so the "three different east cost media" could all be sharing what they heard on the grapevine.

This pretty man h working the way I was expecting it to earlier. The Big12 just is not going to happen for us. Best bet is for an ACC implosion but I can’t see that happening for some time. The question is what will happen in between relative to playoffs and auto bids. 

4 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Care to elaborate? We are completely irrelevant now. We are literally on par with fau and rice. Ucf has in 10 years left us in their dust. Why is it smart to just keep doing what has failed us so badly? 

Either shut it down or go independent, all road games. At least that way we'd be on people's TVs. 

1. If we go Indy we would not make enough $ to support the other sports on campus.

2. If we go Indy all away games we will be out of sight out of mind to alumni and the the Tampa community.

3. If you shut it down alumni donations will drop.

4. If we shut it down we will be perceived as a failure university by many. College football is tv exposure that creates an image in the south (even if you suck).

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,659
  • Days Won:  3

Whew... caught up again. Long story short, i need whatever drugs @DontPushMeDontPushMeis on... I'm still impressed by the consistency to burn 🔥  it to the ground!

• Haha 1

Decent write up by Baker

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,146
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

What would be a beautiful wrench right now would be if one of the FAANG companies came in and offered the top 15 bluebloods an obscene amount of money to play games exclusively on their platform.

It would be awesome to watch the big ten and sec commishioners crying and then asking for some kind of regulation.

Maybe the Saudi's want a college football league ???

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,146
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm confused. All the whining has been about we were left behind, supposedly, this last time because of facilities and now you're saying we're doing nothing to prepare for another round EXCEPT building facilities ......

One other thing that the school has been doing is working on the embarrassing donor levels. When MK came in, we were at $2.27M in 2018. As of 2021, that figure is $6.22M. Still the lowest of any schools whose finances are visible that I can find, but a lot closer than we were before.

I believe that part of those low numbers is due to accounting stuff. The new donation model will funnel more $$$ into the general fund.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

It is more than him being stupid, he is trolling like an inbred, name one other poster that brings less to a thread(you can’t name me). 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

the naked gun facepalm GIF