Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,259
  • Days Won:  0

I really hope we don't join the big 12 if such an offer were to come. They didn't want us last time, ucf is there, I'm not interested at all. 

Preference for me is obviously to shut the football program down altogether but it doesn't look like they will do that, so I'd say go independent and hope the acc gets decimated into the point of needing us. 

There is nothing interesting at all about this conference we are in. I won't go to a single game as long as we are in a conference with rice, Charlotte, utsa, etc. Going independent, even if it means playing uconn and new Mexico every week would at least leave us available to immediately jump if the acc lost 10 teams and considered inviting us. 

• Downvote 1
  • ???? 5
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

I really hope we don't join the big 12 if such an offer were to come. They didn't want us last time, ucf is there, I'm not interested at all. 

Preference for me is obviously to shut the football program down altogether but it doesn't look like they will do that, so I'd say go independent and hope the acc gets decimated into the point of needing us. 

There is nothing interesting at all about this conference we are in. I won't go to a single game as long as we are in a conference with rice, Charlotte, utsa, etc. Going independent, even if it means playing uconn and new Mexico every week would at least leave us available to immediately jump if the acc lost 10 teams and considered inviting us. 

Independence in this situation of college football is a bad decision.  Just look at UConn.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Now we sit here at another inflection point which the school still hasn't prepared themselves for another round of expansion other than building facilities 20 years too late hoping the market angle will help us. Sure we won some games early\quickly, but nobody cares.

I'm confused. All the whining has been about we were left behind, supposedly, this last time because of facilities and now you're saying we're doing nothing to prepare for another round EXCEPT building facilities ......

One other thing that the school has been doing is working on the embarrassing donor levels. When MK came in, we were at $2.27M in 2018. As of 2021, that figure is $6.22M. Still the lowest of any schools whose finances are visible that I can find, but a lot closer than we were before.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

What an attention hound and a worthless troll.  Surprised the mods didn’t block him by now for being a fake fan.  There is no way we have an actual fan that feels that way, we are all pissed but if I felt this way I would have stopped posting and following years ago. 

Although I agree with your last sentiment about handling it if you felt that way, not sure about the fake fan stuff. If you break down what he's saying, it's not too far removed from what other fan(s)'s views are, it's just those other fan(s) are more eloquent in their presentation

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

🤡

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Just rejoin the Sun Belt. Heck, usf is a founding member.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Dude, stop posting… go get some counseling. 

I think this applies to a good 5 or so posters in this thread with nothing but toxic negativity to spew. TI have a name or 2 to add to my already 3 or 4 deep blocked list. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

I’d be so completely down for this. We have been able to schedule huge out of conference games on our own that will draw bigger attendances than Tulsa and SMU. But the TV deal that the AAC has with ESPN is nice exposure. 
Quick question, and follow me here, does USF need ESPN? Whats keeping USF from just broadcasting their own games on GoUSFBulls.com? That way we keep all ad revenue for our own. So if we schedule big programs and stream all the games our own, we could generate pretty good earnings. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,236
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

I’d be so completely down for this. We have been able to schedule huge out of conference games on our own that will draw bigger attendances than Tulsa and SMU. But the TV deal that the AAC has with ESPN is nice exposure. 
Quick question, and follow me here, does USF need ESPN? Whats keeping USF from just broadcasting their own games on GoUSFBulls.com? That way we keep all ad revenue for our own. So if we schedule big programs and stream all the games our own, we could generate pretty good earnings. 

You don’t schedule big programs with that plan, they have us by the short hairs.  As an independent we have no revenue, no bowl and no future.  Right now we at least have the first two with some hope for the third.