Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Why hope when history has shown you there is nothing to hope for.  At least you won't be disappointed when nothing happens.

I would think the reason you are on this thread is you have hope. I am not sure I will be that disappointed if we get left out, I have been beaten down so much that it won’t hurt that much but moving up would be ******* orgasmic.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Friscobull said:

I would think the reason you are on this thread is you have hope. I am not sure I will be that disappointed if we get left out, I have been beaten down so much that it won’t hurt that much but moving up would be ******* orgasmic.  

You may be right.  There is a sliver of hope, but I just simply can't get those hopes up, when history has shown that hopes aren't getting USF anywhere.

I hope I am wrong.  I just don't see USF going anywhere.  Conferences just aren't clamoring for USF.  We didn't win and make a name for ourselves.  And I feel it's too late.  Dominos are falling now.  Not 5 years from now when we may have built a stadium and have a better program.  

I do hope I am wrong, but I seriously doubt it.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,659
  • Days Won:  3

Holy hell i finally caught up. Feel like I've just been through years of chaos in 10 pages of this thread. So long story short, BIG10 needs a Rutgers in Florida???

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just now, Sk00b said:

Holy hell i finally caught up. Feel like I've just been through years of chaos in 10 pages of this thread. So long story short, BIG10 needs a Rutgers in Florida???

I would not be surprised at this point to tell you the truth lol

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Stop hoping MK has some type of magic connections.  Stop hoping some picture of some dominos means USF is going somewhere good.

USF got left behind in 2011.  USF got left behind again last year.  Shouldn't that tell you something?  Conferences aren't clamoring for USF.  They just aren't.  Stop deluding yourself that they are.  

There is a greater than 95 percent chance that USF will get left behind once again, for a third time.  I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but I'm likely not.  I know it and you know it in your heart of hearts.  You just don't want to believe it so cling on to some hope that USF is overly valuable to these conferences.  There is a reason we were booted out of the BCS.  There is a reason we were excluded when the Big 12 added 4.  Think of that.  The Big 12 could have added anyone, never once did I hear USF seriously considered by any media outlets.

Michael Kelly couldn't get USF into a B12 on it's deathbed.  He couldn't.  Plain and simple.  What makes you think he can get USF into another conference now?

The sooner you accept that, the better off you will be, rather than sitting around hoping on a wing and a prayer.  Dreams for a 35K stadium 4-5 years from now and 2-10 football teams are not getting USF anywhere.    

I’m going to go ahead and put you in the maybe/undecided column…

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

You may be right.  There is a sliver of hope, but I just simply can't get those hopes up, when history has shown that hopes aren't getting USF anywhere.

I hope I am wrong.  I just don't see USF going anywhere.  Conferences just aren't clamoring for USF.  We didn't win and make a name for ourselves.  And I feel it's too late.  Dominos are falling now.  Not 5 years from now when we may have built a stadium and have a better program.  

I do hope I am wrong, but I seriously doubt it.  

Nobody is clamoring for us but using us as a stop gap play possibility.  If we have a couple pieces fall into place, a fortuitous bounce or two, the heavens align and a couple of pigs fly, we may land somewhere respectable.  I never said I like our odds but weirder things have happened. 

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

OK…I’ll trust you guys. I feel like an abused person who keeps coming back for more because I can’t do any better. 

That pretty much sums up what being a USF fan has felt like the last few years. We keep coming back hoping something will change. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

20 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Why hope when history has shown you there is nothing to hope for.  At least you won't be disappointed when nothing happens.

This has happened to a lot of fans.  We gotta pull out of the funk the recent failures have plunged us into.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

That pretty much sums up what being a USF fan has felt like the last few years. We keep coming back hoping something will change. 

If we get nothing from this after MK sent a tweet showing dominoes falling, getting us all Riled up, I am going to be super pissed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

If we get nothing from this after MK sent a tweet showing dominoes falling, getting us all Riled up, I am going to be super pissed. 

💯 me too!