Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

IF USF/UCF is so valuable, why is out new TV contract crap?

It's an easy answer, because neither school has the following to demand more money. The big 12 isn't going to expand just to be in Florida. Heck, they've made it clear that they aren't going to expand just to expand.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's an easy answer, because neither school has the following to demand more money. The big 12 isn't going to expand just to be in Florida. Heck, they've made it clear that they aren't going to expand just to expand.

The current TV deal isn't only about USF and UCF not drawing.  It's about UCF and USF not drawing in games against Tulane, ECU, Memphis...  They would draw a heck of a lot better against WVU, Texas, Oklahoma, etc...

There's nothing USF can do to make our conference games more attractive in the A12

Edited by Bull Martin
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

that 247 link dead ended....here's the other version.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/USF-in-Big-12-17284613/1

Let's just say in the end....we are to them what UCF being added to our conference is to us.

I hesitate to ask who that is representing USF on that thread.  While much of the information is accurate, there is/are a lot of wishful thinking and inaccurate ideas being expressed.  Holtz and McCullum *destroyed* USF football and basketball?  Um, no.  Taggart is the football savior?  We hardly know that at this time.  Some of the discussion makes us look small time and narrowly focused.

The discussion should not be about Leavitt or Holtz or Taggart.  Athletic programs rise and fall based on support, monetary and otherwise.  While coaches influence that, there are a lot of factors that are much more important.  TV market size, student enrollment, booster support, etc etc.  We shouldn't be selling our coach to anyone when it comes to conference affiliation.  Coaches come and go.  Media market, academic standing, student enrollment and boosters involvement are much more important long term.  We've shown the last five years that we can get lots of athletic improvements done with a small budget.  That should convince a larger conference the support would be there to do more if we get a significant boost to the budget.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Please, it's very difficult for the tinmen to grasp their own reality.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

The current TV deal isn't only about USF and UCF not drawing.  It's about UCF and USF not drawing in games against Tulane, ECU, Memphis...  They would draw a heck of a lot better against WVU, Texas, Oklahoma, etc...

There's nothing USF can do to make our conference games more attractive in the A12

There are some things that can be done.  Some creative marketing would help a bit, and maybe some additions to game day festivities.  USF has done pretty well on both counts, I think, but there might be some other ways to increase the draw.

But a lot of wins would also pull more people into the stands, as well as increase TV ratings.

But you are right that Big 12 teams would do more to increase attendance quicker than any of the above I mentioned.

• Topic Count:  422
  • Content Count:  9,789
  • Days Won:  8

that 247 link dead ended....here's the other version.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/USF-in-Big-12-17284613/1

Let's just say in the end....we are to them what UCF being added to our conference is to us.

Texas has a complex, they are arrogant, the longhorns are to Texas what the Gators are to Florida, only more so. Texas looks down on everyone. Dealing with them in the big12 would be a pain but a lot better situation than the America 12. Aggies and Mizzou had the right idea to split, Texas T'd everyone off so you have 4 teams leave that conference in a short time. Unequal revenue sharing, etc. Still would rather be dealing with Texas than UCF. Gosh a conference with both sounds like a bad dream. But the America 12... We have no good choice but to try and get out.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Please, it's very difficult for the tinmen to grasp their own reality.

Brad, since USF will be dealing with them more in the future, you need to just save this response and "stamp it" everytime a similar subject is brought up.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The current TV deal isn't only about USF and UCF not drawing. It's about UCF and USF not drawing in games against Tulane, ECU, Memphis... They would draw a heck of a lot better against WVU, Texas, Oklahoma, etc...

But it is. The Big 12 isn't getting 40 extra mil a year by signing USF/UCF. They'll be taking a hit in the books.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just thought of something... I think that the BXII has some clause that states that all conference teams must have an OCS.

So I'm not sure how we would be eligible for an invite from them given our current status as being technically homeless in football.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

Baylor's stadium is far from campus but a new on-campus stadium is under construction.  I believe ISU's stadium is off campus too.

Just thought of something... I think that the BXII has some clause that states that all conference teams must have an OCS.

So I'm not sure how we would be eligible for an invite from them given our current status as being technically homeless in football.