Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Apart from the name calling, I give Hem props for calling skips ousting.  Sure he didn't resign, but he was gone.  He heard what he heard and relayed the news.  Some of the fine details were jumbled, but we knew about it before it happened.

I'm not sure he's a fraud.  A little overzealous maybe.

I never said that I wasn't an @sshole :)

Anyway...if you want to root yourself deep into this whole realignment thing...here are some links to other boards and sites discussing it

http://conferenceexpansion.com/

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582 (WVU discussing it)

http://theshiver.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228689 (Kansas talking about it)

http://www.techsideline.com/forums/showthread.php?111737-As-expected-Notre-Dame-Most-Likely-to-Join-ACC-July-1-2013&p=701800 (VT)

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

...could be a rumor on one hand, or it could be the most awesome **** ever.

I'm pretty sure that most people understand, by now, that IF USF were to move to the Nuevo Post-Miami Post-FSU ACC that it would be just the residuals of the 

conference and nothing more than the old 'Big East/CUSA' combo package. It would not be one of the 'Power' conferences. By that point in time we would have

the P4 and everyone else.

Exactly.

It's nice to know I am not the only one thinking along these lines and saying this.

Be careful though Wooly, you might be called out for being too "Doom and Gloom".

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Slick, if we DO move will you resign from posting here for an entire year?

You mean like you should after posting that Skip was going to resign?  According to your source.  Bwhaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Its one thing to not believe fan generated nonsense about USF going to whatever Power 5 conference but to claim to have sources? You crack me up.

This thread should be put in the HOF:

Hem is a Fraud

Just for fun, I went back and read the "fraud" thread you linked to above ... here's what you said on that thread:

Why is this thread, a personal attack on a TBP member not deleted? Hem was passing on what he said was second hand info. He didn't say that he himself had talked to Holtz and wrote his resignation speech.

You defended Hem there, but now you've done a 180 and you're attacking him for what he heard and posted. Why the hypocrisy, Slick?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

IMO Loggic and common sense have a way of becomming reality....I believe USF and UCF will wind up in the BIG 12...

To me it is not so much if than when...The sooner the better..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

that 247 link dead ended....here's the other version.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/USF-in-Big-12-17284613/1

Let's just say in the end....we are to them what UCF being added to our conference is to us.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

WARNING:

Stay on topic (whatever it is). Please discontinue the bull on bull verbal banter. Thank you.

In Bull love,

Bulliever

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

As much as we want into the B12, it would seem that the B12 members (or at least those on messeage boards) want nothing to do with us.  Still think we land somewhere decent (ACC), but it sure would be nice to read something glowing about our school from another message board instead of the consensus feeling that if we're added to any decent conference then it will be the death of the conference.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

88Alum, There are those out there that think USF would be a prettty good addition. Not many but some. I'd bet good money that most of the SEC message boards don't want FSU, they probably think "they're in the weak ACC, they would lose to most SEC teams".

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

How do we increase the Big 12's bottom line?

The Tampa to Orlando corridor has something around 7-8 million cable subscribers.

The University of Texas knows this and they want their network to get into the state of Florida. If FSU and/or Miami decide not to go their way, then we are the next best option.

If it increases the University of Texas' bottom line, then they will find a way to make it happen.

That's a stretch. They can't even get the next on providers in their home state, or most states in the Big 12. They've been forced to broadcast LHN games in opponents' market.

It's just not reasonable at this time.

Sigh.  Fox has the Big 12's second tier rights.  Fox has new networks and can use some good programming to fill air time.  Fox would get higher ratings in Florida if USF/UCF can deliver eyeballs from the Florida market.  You put USF @ Texas on the air and people in Florida will flip the channel from Minnesota @ Northwestern to USF @ Texas.  This works even better when USF and UCF have more money and a higher prestige conference with which to draw recruits in a recruiting hotbed.  Add it all up and Fox sees a nice bump in TV ratings = more money.

Absolutely Fox and the Big 12 would rather have FSU/Miami.  But if that isn't an option, do you think they would get a slice of the Conneticut market or the Florida market?

That is the scenario under which this works.  It has nothing to do with TLN.