Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, TyBull said:

Please Not FAU

Ha!! That gives us a new in-state school to Hate...we can start a new Revile-ry...The War on...State Rd 70-US 27. Switch the Trophy to a Gator or better yet, the new Fla favorite Python

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Not sure what everyone thought would happen, but this was always the way it was going to work out.  IF, and that is a big IF, the reports of us keeping anywhere near 7 million a year in revenue is true, than that is a big time win compared to what we were looking at.  Yes, the conference sucks, but in the end nothing changes.  It was all about revenue.  Further, if the CFP does indeed increase to include the champions of the top six conferences, we (perhaps better said "the conference") have chance at the CFP or perhaps a a NY6 game (if such a thing remains intact). 

Also, if 7 million a year is true, it should extinguish the already silly independence talk.    

Part of me thinks this is right. 

Get easy schools in. Give yourself a shot to dominate the conference year in and year out. Keep the money the same. Reduce travel costs. Get a recruiting presence in NC/Houston/Bama. 

I mean I still hate it but it's logical. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

36 minutes ago, USF968 said:

I’m sure a lot of people in the Big East weren’t happy when we got invited. It will all work out.

They liked us so much They all left and took their conference too

somedays.JPG

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,088
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Navy wants to be in the west for Texas recruiting. It's the same reason they're in there now despite being one of 2 teams in the north east corner of the AAC.

At this point, I don't know if that makes sense.  So Memphis gets the shaft on travel because Navy wants to play in Texas a few times a year.  They could play in Texas as few times a year playing in the east division too.  I think full members would get preference at this point.   Wichita would be in the west for everything else.  They would have to move Tulane to the east for everything but football in that case though.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Best guess from here is that Memphis and Boise get the call up and Navy peaces out in favor of independence and we end up at 12 teams. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Best guess from here is that Memphis and Boise get the call up and Navy peaces out in favor of independence and we end up at 12 teams. 

We are in competition with SMU for the call up.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Um, that doesn't involve us, so I reject that. 😉 

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We are in competition with SMU for the call up.

I hope so.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

One other cash consideration. If the exit fees from the three who are leaving are split between the remaining 8 only at $15 mil each (assuming they leave early), at a minimum we should be getting $5 mil (conference will take their cut as well). Put that to the stadium fund or maybe towards the buyout of a certain coach “if” it is needed.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

maybe towards the buyout of a certain coach “if” it is needed.  

Blasphemy. This guy is the next Saban of the South, I heard it on here so it has to be true. He’s going to be the winningest coach in our history, just give him the next 8 seasons. To discuss a possible buyout is treasonous 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Like I just told my son who didn't get picked for his Middle School basketball team. Keep practicing and prove it to them next year. 

USF has not done anything to prove to any conference that we would be a great add. However I see progress in the football team. There is still some young team mistakes being made in play calling etc. That said the team is keeping their head in the game and did so against some high ranked teams at the start of this season. On top of that we have upgraded some facilities, broke ground on the IPF and restarted the conversation about the OCS. What we can do now is focus on the games. Keep pushing to improve play calling and recruiting and then prove to them that it is our time to move up. The door does not shut as we have learned. Too many people panic that this is our only chance. Poor decisions are made in a panic. Need to play the long game. 

• Upvote 2