Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Yes but instead of the beloved "MACtion" we might end up with "Ohcraption"!  At this rate, I wonder if the Temple AD has dialed up the MAC commissioner to ask for readmittance. 

I know you are joking (I think) but Temple will always be a MBB school first. Unlikely they go MAC (who requires a full membership). If a consolidation occurred they would try first to get basketball back to the A10. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know you are joking (I think) but Temple will always be a MBB school first. Unlikely they go MAC (who requires a full membership). If a consolidation occurred they would try first to get basketball back to the A10. 

I am joking, for now......

I am sure they were in the Atlantic 10 while football was in the MAC.  I guess MAC got tired of being a place to rest and now requires full membership?

Edited by Mission9

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

I am joking, for now......

I figured and I agree with your last point, things do change quickly 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,787
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But all three are not going to restructure. Whatever you save in travel you lose much more relative to a TV contract.

I know it’s not going to happen. This whole thread is speculation until something is true.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I know nothing will be unannounced until it's all said and done, but the silence from Aresco is pretty deafening. After the CSU/Air Force thing, I haven't seen anything at all that's not total fan speculation. Where are all the well-placed sources? Someone needs to start talking!

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

51 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I know it’s not going to happen. This whole thread is speculation until something is true.

Certainly the USF narrative and plan we heard over the last decade was complete BS.  It did work to silence people for a while though...

44 minutes ago, widerberg said:

I know nothing will be unannounced until it's all said and done, but the silence from Aresco is pretty deafening. After the CSU/Air Force thing, I haven't seen anything at all that's not total fan speculation. Where are all the well-placed sources? Someone needs to start talking!

Some are believing in one of two things:

1. The CSU/Airforce thing is NOT dead. The announcement by both of the schools was not exactly a ringing endorsement for the MWC. Aresco could be going after a few Texas schools to make travel better for those two.

2. He is going to try and make this a 14 team conference with the 6 coming from the usual suspects (Marshall, UAB, Coastal, App State, Rice {academics}, and one other. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Some are believing in one of two things:

1. The CSU/Airforce thing is NOT dead. The announcement by both of the schools was not exactly a ringing endorsement for the MWC. Aresco could be going after a few Texas schools to make travel better for those two.

2. He is going to try and make this a 14 team conference with the 6 coming from the usual suspects (Marshall, UAB, Coastal, App State, Rice {academics}, and one other. 

It feels like a smaller number of larger conferences is where this is going, so maybe being first to go larger would be a good move. I guess it's a balance between staying alive as a conference and not diluting the TV money too much, but I don't hate the idea of going larger.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Let's see.  No OCS, seats are green not red. Two options:

Time for the calls to go independent in football.  

Switch the campuses so we'd be playing at an OCS with the proper colored seats.

Off topic sorta. A high school classmate of mine went to FSU for football, had redshirted and then switched to Temple. I lived 30 miles outside of Phila and learned then that Temple had football.

10 minutes ago, widerberg said:

It feels like a smaller number of larger conferences is where this is going, so maybe being first to go larger would be a good move. I guess it's a balance between staying alive as a conference and not diluting the TV money too much, but I don't hate the idea of going larger.

Same…at this point Aresco just needs to pull the trigger on something. Just adding 2 might also work and see what the MWC looks like if Boise moves out.

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Let's see.  No OCS, seats are green not red. Two options:

Time for the calls to go independent in football.  

Switch the campuses so we'd be playing at an OCS with the proper colored seats.

Off topic sorta. A high school classmate of mine went to FSU for football, had redshirted and then switched to Temple. I lived 30 miles outside of Phila and learned then that Temple had football.

Ahh yes, the ol switcharoo…I like it!