Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

All of the infrastructure projects that you guys had and you can’t even make a message board for you to hangout on? You can probably just make a subreddit to get started or make a simple Wordpress site or something.

Most of the USF posters here have no problem having constructive conversation with me since I'm not here to troll. But if my presence bothers you so much you can feel free to ignore me, block me, go build a Jim Leavitt statute. Whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

So where are the statements about our impending doom or jubilation?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

We have determined they will happen tomorrow.  Check in for an update tomorrow.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

We have determined they will happen tomorrow.  Check in for an update tomorrow.  

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Was it really that out of the blue?

The Athletic's report on 9/2 wasn't a vague 4, it noted which exact 4 teams the Big 12 was taking. After 9/2 but before 9/8, the likely timeline of events for the following week became known, including that 9/8 would be the day the teams submit their formal applications. USF wasn't among those in the 9/2 report so it would make sense that a major decisionmaker at USF would respond some time after by telling the fan base they're going to address the things that likely hurt their expansion chances this go around. 

I never said the Athletic report was vague. Just chose not to list the teams.

Yes, it was quite out of the blue... there had been nothing publicly said about efforts to build the OCS after the feasibility study.

USF obviously knew before 9/2 that it wasn't going to get the invite... it's not like USF's people were taken by surprise by The Athletic... just the USF fans were surprised.

The stadium is not the only thing that hurt USF's chances this go around... and to be honest, USF probably knew about the shortcomings after the round of interviews with the Big 12 back in 2016.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

13 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

This. Tweet. Makes. So. Much. Sense.

September 2nd -- The Athletic reports the Big 12 will extend invitations to four teams.

September 8th -- Will Weatherford, the Chair of the USF Board of Trustees announces - OUT OF THE BLUE - that we will start building the OCS.

September 10th -- UCF, Cincy, Houston, and BYU get formal invitations to the Big 12

image.png.a4a8bf84f6860f915340d97794aee3f7.png

sicem365 is a Baylor site, on their radio show yesterday they mentioned they heard Memphis got told they need to do some serious renovations to the Liberty bowl to get added in the next round. That also lines up with this.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

BINGO you guys finally caught on why he said that announcement so abruptly during the ground breaking ceremony. I have a friend who works at ________________ who said the same exact thing. They prefer USF and USF would've "jumped in" the 2016 expansion if they didn't change their mind (Texas and OU saying no).  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I thought it was pretty obvious with his announcement that we were shut again because of the lack of investment in the program.  The OCS makes it pretty clear that we are invested in the program and it's growth.   John has mentioned it as a "revenue source" as well.   

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

19 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I thought it was pretty obvious with his announcement that we were shut again because of the lack of investment in the program.  The OCS makes it pretty clear that we are invested in the program and it's growth.   John has mentioned it as a "revenue source" as well.   

I vividly remember a conversation I had with Scott Kull when he was here. I'm sure most of you know that he came from TCU, so he was well versed on matters within the Big XII. When they were potentially looking to expand he told me that the thing holding USF back was our situation with not having an OCS.

The OCS would provide USF with 100% revenue streams on everything associated with it, where we aren't even close to collecting that right now.

Edited by John Lewis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490