Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

this guys got 20 followers compared to Swaimville's 55,000 but I choose to believe him because reasons

Puhlease !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  0

We’re F$@&D!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

This Is Fine GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Greg Swaim!  What a blast from the past!  If only half of his rumors at the start of this thread had been true we would be in the SEC with two National Titles by now.

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

This. Tweet. Makes. So. Much. Sense.

September 2nd -- The Athletic reports the Big 12 will extend invitations to four teams.

September 8th -- Will Weatherford, the Chair of the USF Board of Trustees announces - OUT OF THE BLUE - that we will start building the OCS.

September 10th -- UCF, Cincy, Houston, and BYU get formal invitations to the Big 12

image.png.a4a8bf84f6860f915340d97794aee3f7.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This. Tweet. Makes. So. Much. Sense.

September 2nd -- The Athletic reports the Big 12 will extend invitations to four teams.

September 8th -- Will Weatherford, the Chair of the USF Board of Trustees announces - OUT OF THE BLUE - that we will start building the OCS.

September 10th -- UCF, Cincy, Houston, and BYU get formal invitations to the Big 12

image.png.a4a8bf84f6860f915340d97794aee3f7.png

Was it really that out of the blue?

The Athletic's report on 9/2 wasn't a vague 4, it noted which exact 4 teams the Big 12 was taking. After 9/2 but before 9/8, the likely timeline of events for the following week became known, including that 9/8 would be the day the teams submit their formal applications. USF wasn't among those in the 9/2 report so it would make sense that a major decisionmaker at USF would respond some time after by telling the fan base they're going to address the things that likely hurt their expansion chances this go around. 

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I think the breaking ground on the IPF and the announcement of an OCS were a direct response to Big12 telling USF what needs to be done. Now let’s see if the movement on those front continues. Looks like right now we are in the fight for #15 or #16.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

On 9/29/2021 at 12:26 PM, Brad said:

I'm not so concerned about hearing anything this week.  I hope some real thought is put into the next move.

By the time we have a stadium, there will have been so many changes/opportunities.  The real P4 will make moves too.  I don't think it's necessarily a good thought to think we're Big 12 candidates only and dress only for that ****show.  

Think big, please.

9 hours ago, John Lewis said:

POTY candidate right there.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,637
  • Days Won:  255

34 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Was it really that out of the blue?

The Athletic's report on 9/2 wasn't a vague 4, it noted which exact 4 teams the Big 12 was taking. After 9/2 but before 9/8, the likely timeline of events for the following week became known, including that 9/8 would be the day the teams submit their formal applications. USF wasn't among those in the 9/2 report so it would make sense that a major decisionmaker at USF would respond some time after by telling the fan base they're going to address the things that likely hurt their expansion chances this go around. 

All of the infrastructure projects that you guys had and you can’t even make a message board for you to hangout on? You can probably just make a subreddit to get started or make a simple Wordpress site or something.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

On 9/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, Brad said:

I'm not so concerned about hearing anything this week.  I hope some real thought is put into the next move.

By the time we have a stadium, there will have been so many changes/opportunities.  The real P4 will make moves too.  I don't think it's necessarily a good thought to think we're Big 12 candidates only and dress only for that ****show.  

Think big, please.

9 hours ago, John Lewis said:

POTY candidate right there.

Not sure how realistic it really is but I'm with these guys .....