Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

14 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You expect them not to dunk on us after they went from 0-4 to Turbo Chad?

The one good thing about living out of state is I don’t have to see or deal with those losers, in the grand scheme of things they are irrelevant as well, however we are simply more so.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, monktified said:

We need to be our own biggest fans.

I would disagree with this. We have been there for the program, the Admin has not been there for us. From the moment we got into the BE the stands were packed, and the Admin invested $0 into growing into the role. THEY failed us, now it’s on THEM to win us back. I’ve bought too much of their bad product to take it on faith, that’s not how business works. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

Came by yesterday and saw you were having real conversations so here it goes:

the other Knights explained why we had to build the stadium. It was a no-go due to the price tag but somebody found the erector set in Amazon for $65M (see, we don’t care. We love our rust bucket).

Just by building the OCS, the attendance went from 10,000 fans plus 1,000 students to 30,000-35,000. Donations went from $2M to $10-12M per year. All of this after the other 0-fer season we had with GOL.

I still remember all the feelings that first day going around campus with other 50,000 UCF alums and fans. The colleges had events in each building and it was like going back in time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The one good thing about living out of state is I don’t have to see or deal with those losers, in the grand scheme of things they are irrelevant as well, however we are simply more so.  

Also helps to be retired where you can pick and choose easier who to be around. This is really the only place I come in "contact' with them and a can avoid that at any point ...

19 minutes ago, UCF11and1 said:

Came by yesterday and saw you were having real conversations so here it goes:

the other Knights explained why we had to build the stadium. It was a no-go due to the price tag but somebody found the erector set in Amazon for $65M (see, we don’t care. We love our rust bucket).

Just by building the OCS, the attendance went from 10,000 fans plus 1,000 students to 30,000-35,000. Donations went from $2M to $10-12M per year. All of this after the other 0-fer season we had with GOL.

I still remember all the feelings that first day going around campus with other 50,000 UCF alums and fans. The colleges had events in each building and it was like going back in time.

This is why I sometimes give my pause to my ocs stance but I honestly don't feel the same would happen over here. I just don't that vibe from USF alumni ....... and wasn't the somebody who found the erector set in Amazon a booster?

Remember, we are all boosters.

I think the guy found the company that offered the designs for fully customizable steel and aluminum stadiums and presented the idea to UCF. FAU used the same company but they went smaller.

BTW, I think FSU’s and UF’s stadiums were built that way (or at least partially)

Just now, UCF11and1 said:

Remember, we are all boosters.

I think the guy found the company that offered the designs for fully customizable steel and aluminum stadiums and presented the idea to UCF. FAU used the same company but they went smaller.

BTW, I think FSU’s and UF’s stadiums were built that way (or at least partially)

My point was you had someone outside of Athletics that cared enough about it to do something like that. To my knowledge, we didn't/don't and that's telling ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

My point was you had someone outside of Athletics that cared enough about it to do something like that. To my knowledge, we didn't/don't and that's telling ...

You guys care and, for what I’ve seen, have some big donors on this site. Are they fake (only donate the minimum to get tickets) or doesn’t the school listen to boosters?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,151
  • Days Won:  109

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is why I sometimes give my pause to my ocs stance but I honestly don't feel the same would happen over here. I just don't that vibe from USF alumni ....... and wasn't the somebody who found the erector set in Amazon a booster?

You are absolutely correct.  There is something missing from USF students on the whole when it comes to loving their school.  Don't know if it stems from the commuter school days but there just doesn't seem to be an attachment. Sure, there may be a couple hundred that feel that attachment but doesn't seem to be many.  And, as many have pointed out before, the Yuengling Center is on campus and students can't seem to find their way there either. We've gone to music events at the Performing Arts Center on campus and they are filled with old people like us and a few friends of the kids performing. 

1 minute ago, UCF11and1 said:

You guys care and, for what I’ve seen, have some big donors on this site. Are they fake (only donate the minimum to get tickets) or doesn’t the school listen to boosters?

Depends on what you call "big donors" and as far as listening to boosters, let me tell you a story that begins back in December of 2009 ...