Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Here is my 2 cents...

The BIG12 is looking eastward and they are trying to get ready to go toe-to-toe with the SEC. Thus it would make perfect sense for them to try and grab FSU, Miami, and a number of other Southern ACC teams that share space with a SEC counterpart. The Big12 is looking for parody with the SEC. This goes back to the old SEC vs. SWC feud.

Likewise the SEC is trying to get a team in North Carolina, and Virginia, so it can basically lock up the South. Right now the SEC has a school in every State in Dixie with the exception of North Carolina and Virginia. The Big10 has hinted that it has interest in UNC or UVA, but I think this is just a tactic to force the SEC to make their move since the SEC is rumored to be eye balling VATECH and NCSU. If the SEC takes VT and NCSU, then it might trigger a fire sale on ACC schools.

Meanwhile the BIG10 is eye balling all of the left over Yankee schools like BC, Pitt, Cuse, UConn and such as possible future additions. I think that the BIG10 is only tossing around UNC or UVA so it can trick the Big12 or SEC into making the first move so it can destabilize the ACC.

Between the SEC, the Big12, and the Big10 raiding the ACC, I don't think that we (usf) should be trying to leave the new conference anytime soon. Right now we are tied for second in being the elder school in this conference, and being the elder school has some perks. Look at the power that the North Carolina schools wield in the ACC, Texas in the Big12, UGA in the SEC, and look at how much power Providence wielded in the Big East for years.

I think we need to sit tight and wait out the demise of the ACC. Who knows, once the ACC is gutted of all its big schools, we might be able to pick up a Wake Forest, Duke, or Louisville in the shakeup and make our train wreck of a name-less conference that much more stronger.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I still say this is a ploy to get FSU and UM off their butts, but it has just enough logic to make sense.

The B12 would love to have two Florida teams. Assuming 8 in-conference teams, this would give 8 of the other 10 teams a game in Florida every other year on average. That's pretty good for their recruiting.

It's a no-brainer to do this with FSU and UM, but doing it with USF and UCF could be good for the B12 too.

Personally, I'd rather have a southeaster (drivable!) group of conference rivals, but financially the B12 is infinitely beyond the nBE.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Here is my 2 cents...

The BIG12 is looking eastward and they are trying to get ready to go toe-to-toe with the SEC. Thus it would make perfect sense for them to try and grab FSU, Miami, and a number of other Southern ACC teams that share space with a SEC counterpart. The Big12 is looking for parody with the SEC. This goes back to the old SEC vs. SWC feud.

Likewise the SEC is trying to get a team in North Carolina, and Virginia, so it can basically lock up the South. Right now the SEC has a school in every State in Dixie with the exception of North Carolina and Virginia. The Big10 has hinted that it has interest in UNC or UVA, but I think this is just a tactic to force the SEC to make their move since the SEC is rumored to be eye balling VATECH and NCSU. If the SEC takes VT and NCSU, then it might trigger a fire sale on ACC schools.

Meanwhile the BIG10 is eye balling all of the left over Yankee schools like BC, Pitt, Cuse, UConn and such as possible future additions. I think that the BIG10 is only tossing around UNC or UVA so it can trick the Big12 or SEC into making the first move so it can destabilize the ACC.

Between the SEC, the Big12, and the Big10 raiding the ACC, I don't think that we (usf) should be trying to leave the new conference anytime soon. Right now we are tied for second in being the elder school in this conference, and being the elder school has some perks. Look at the power that the North Carolina schools wield in the ACC, Texas in the Big12, UGA in the SEC, and look at how much power Providence wielded in the Big East for years.

I think we need to sit tight and wait out the demise of the ACC. Who knows, once the ACC is gutted of all its big schools, we might be able to pick up a Wake Forest, Duke, or Louisville in the shakeup and make our train wreck of a name-less conference that much more stronger.

When you talk about the B1G, remember they won't take anyone who's not AAU.

Cuse, UCONN, and BC are NOT candidates, the University of Toronto has a better chance of getting in than they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities#Membership

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

think we need to sit tight and wait out the demise of the ACC. Who knows, once the ACC is gutted of all its big schools, we might be able to pick up a Wake Forest, Duke, or Louisville in the shakeup and make our train wreck of a name-less conference that much more stronger.

IF the ACC is gutted, and there's a merger, you sure as hell don't have them join us ....

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

B12

Plains Division

Okie

OSU

ISU

KSU

KU

TTU

Coastal Division

UT

TCU

Baylor

WVU

UM

USF.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

think we need to sit tight and wait out the demise of the ACC. Who knows, once the ACC is gutted of all its big schools, we might be able to pick up a Wake Forest, Duke, or Louisville in the shakeup and make our train wreck of a name-less conference that much more stronger.

IF the ACC is gutted, and there's a merger, you sure as hell don't have them join us ....

What good is a hollow ACC name because its history is gutted along with the teams?

But I will admit that if this scenario were to occur, that who joined who would boil down to what name our new mess chooses. If they chose some gay name then sign me up for the ACC.

B12

Plains Division

Okie

OSU

ISU

KSU

KU

TCU

Coastal Division

UT

TTU

Baylor

WVU

UM

USF.

If we're splitting up FSU/UM and USF/UCF, I'd much prefer UCF going to the B12 with UM and us taking the Canes' place in the ACC ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

What good is a hollow ACC name because its history is gutted along with the teams?

But I will admit that if this scenario were to occur, that who joined who would boil down to what name our new mess chooses. If they chose some gay name then sign me up for the ACC.

Name recognition! People have at the very least heard of the ACC. No one, not even it's members have heard of ((unknown name conference)).

Name recognition! People have at the very least heard of the ACC. No one, not even it's members have heard of ((unknown name conference)).

Exactly .... 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

I still say this is a ploy to get FSU and UM off their butts, but it has just enough logic to make sense.

It is certainly a ploy.  But...if FSU and UM do not get off their butts, the Big 12 likely does need to expand.  And the B12 is missing the huge Florida and California TV markets.  So, there is a chance.

• Upvote 1