Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

No I think we should go down to conference USA and make $400,000 per year versus 7 million per year in media revenue... All jokes aside, I'm all about having a path to the playoff. If the cfp doesn't expand then more than likely the Big 12 2.0 and AAC will both be on the outside looking in. If the cfp expands to 12 teams then I think the Big 12 2.0 would offer better path to the playoffs.

I'm not sold on jumping conferences for 2 years to earn a little extra cash which may end up being a wash after paying the AAC to buy out. AND still no path to the playoff.

You can’t worry about things outside of your control and at worst would be net neutral. What is known and why you make the jump is because it’s better teams, with a greater draw, making more money under a better brand. There is absolutely no argument that can be made for aac superiority and so if you can you move up and maybe you get lucky and it comes with CFP icing on the cake but if not you at least get enough cake to die another day. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

All I said is that conference Usa at that time was better than the current AAC.

Although not really pertinent to this dicussion, you keep saying this and I think it's highly debatable. We were in CUSA for 2 years and only had one team finish in the top 25 in each of those years. The AAC has had at least one team finish in top 25, and in most years more than one, while we've been in it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You can’t worry about things outside of your control and at worst would be net neutral. What is known and why you make the jump is because it was better teams, that had a greater draw, making more money under a better brand for now.

You had a few typos so I made some corrections. The only way out of purgatory is a path to the CFP. 

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although not really pertinent to this dicussion, you keep saying this and I think it's highly debatable. We were in CUSA for 2 years and only had one team finish in the top 25 in each of those years. The AAC has had at least one team finish in top 25, and in most years more than one, while we've been in it

I didn’t say it wasn’t debatable as everything is open for debate and people are allowed to be wrong. The current AAC has exactly zero P5 programs while the previous CuSa had more P5 programs than that also all the best parts of this conference were in that conference which is the basis for my argument. Louisville was a top 5 program which is a bit disingenuous to argue top 25s against but if that makes you feel better 

4 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

You had a few typos so I made some corrections. The only way out of purgatory is a path to the CFP. 

CFP expansion at best would allow one spot with an impossible seeding to be given the the best of 70 lower stationed teams for a season or two, no one on the outside should be factoring it into their decisions because it wasn’t made for them. The argument is AAC vs B12 and there is no argument to be had.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you have not done so already, you may want to start preparing yourself to be very disappointed:

According to Berry Tramel here is the list of candidates. He is very plugged in inside B12 circles. 

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/2...647450001/

UCF, BYU, Cincy, Memphis, Boise, SMU, Houston

I just read 8 pages worth of freak-out but I don't think everyone read the article... See excerpt below:

"The Big 12 ended up with 12 finalists for expansion in 2016: Air Force, Brigham Young, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Connecticut, Houston, Rice, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Temple and Tulane. 

Other applications were received. Schools that did not make the cut were Arkansas State, Boise State, East Carolina, Memphis, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State and Nevada-Las Vegas. 

This time around, the top contenders are expected to be BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Houston, Boise State, SMU and Memphis"

This really doesn't concern me at all. This isn't breaking news, or a reported list from a 'source'... To me it reads like what everyone else is doing. Making assumptions and this is another one based on current football teams. 'Expected' - By who? Tramel? That's great, I have an expected list and so do thousands of other people. Does Memphis few years of football success recently really make up for them not making the cut four years ago because they are miserable academically? There was another article written by a K-State source saying they don't think Memphis is a strong candidate. And if they want to sacrifice a media rights contract with Boise State in it over someone like us, so be it. Enjoy that Boise Idaho market and very valuable TV money you'll get from that. They can take Boise's ridiculously low academic rating along with it (yes, even worse than Memphis). Literally the only thing attractive about Boise is there MWC success for years, and their colored field if that tickles your fancy.

I'm not saying we get in or making any prediction here, I'm just saying this article literally reads like nothing (unless I misread something) and there's a long way to go. 4 years ago we reportedly would have made the cut with Cincy, UCF, and another 1-3 teams. They clearly liked us. If they decide to make decisions based on teams who are currently good and expecting it to stay that way, best of luck to them. 

It ain't over yet folks. Let's trust MK and win some football games. About all we can do. 

Edited by MSBulls

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The argument is AAC vs B12 and there is no argument to be had.

The argument is the B12 will not have a path to the CFP if the CFP doesn't expand which will devalue their brand and be forced to play other **** conferences like the AAC. And what happens when you play with **** puc?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t debatable as everything is open for debate and people are allowed to be wrong. The current AAC has exactly zero P5 programs while the previous CuSa had more P5 programs than that also all the best parts of this conference were in that conference which is the basis for my argument. Louisville was a top 5 program which is a bit disingenuous to argue top 25s against but if that makes you feel better 

If your argument is based on that 2 of the programs were chosen to go to P5 so therefore it was better, can't argue ..... but that's about it. I think any other measurables would favor the AAC \.

9 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

The argument is the B12 will not have a path to the CFP if the CFP doesn't expand which will devalue their brand and be forced to play other **** conferences like the AAC. And what happens when you play with **** puc?

We are already playing with **** it’s then a matter of which grade we are looking at and a left behind B12 is like civet **** compared to a left behind AAC which is like rat **** slowly giving our program the plague. A reformed B12 has better teams, it has a better brand, it makes more money, it draws more fans and is even ultimately closer to the playoffs which has made clear has no path for the AAC. There is no argument to be had the B12 is the safer play for anyone that had the option even if it isn’t the SEC.

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If your argument is based on that 2 of the programs were chosen to go to P5 so therefore it was better, can't argue ..... but that's about it. I think any other measurables would favor the AAC \.

And if it wasn’t wrong those teams would have been selected instead because they certainly were available and still are 

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

With Texas leaving the B12 should move to lock up the Texas by adding: Rice, Sam Houston, UTEP, and UT San Antonio. If they want to show the Pac12 they mean business they should add Nevada, UNLV, and New Mexico.  Now that would be a B12 that we can all believe in