5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Had a friend at Leto that looked just like THAT Leto

I would have preferred a friend that looked like Harley Quinn 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Let’s say this happens. Who do we grab to back fill our conference?

I am sure they will look at some of the following: Colorado State, App State, Coastal Carolina, and Army (who won’t come). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It is possible that the Big10 only adds two of those schools (Cincy and BYU) from the list. If so Aresco needs to reach out to the MWC conference teams again. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

29 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

… and apparently USF is left with these guys

image.jpeg

Us with Temple, Tulane and Tulsa.  Waiting for the C-USA and Sun Belt brothers.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I knew I should have went with a 30 seconds to Mars reference instead 

LOL, probably wouldn't have helped.  I was just off in another direction.  This thread has me all screwed up

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am thinking that and I’m also thinking that’s better than being in the AAC. In order to get people to jump that’s all this conference has to offer being better than the current conference and it offers that in spades. There isn’t a single reason to believe that the b12 remix addition isn’t going to be better than staying pat and at least 4 people are going to understand that. The most important part of hard ball negotiation is knowing who has the leverage, the AAC has zero leverage and people are leaving and there is nothing anyone can do about it but try to be gone as well.

Dropping you pants at the first sign of interest is a fantastic negotiating tactic...  Let's use history as an example. I'd say TCU's lack of shortsightedness worked out pretty well over the past decade, they had the foresight to not embark on sinking ship.  I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I also hope the AAC teams being considered aren't short-sighted and/or desperate.

rcom-default.png?w=800

Texas Christian University, which had already pledged to join the Big East...

Edited by Bull Nut

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Dropping you pants at the first sign of interest is a fantastic negotiating tactic...  Let's use history as an example. I'd say TCU's lack of shortsightedness worked out pretty well over the past decade, they had the foresight to not embark on sinking ship.  I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I also hope the AAC teams being considered aren't short-sighted and/or desperate.

rcom-default.png?w=800

Texas Christian University, which had already pledged to join the Big East...

There isn’t any other options for any of the teams in consideration now or for the forceable future. The option is a lesser AAC that will be declining or a better b12 that will be improving at the expense of the AAC. It is a very simple and obvious decision and there is no sense in posturing when everyone knows there is no other option and there are plenty of other options willing to take the spot if anyone was foolish enough to stay pat as their last official task at the job they just decided to get fired from for no apparent reason other than solidarity to other teams that do not have that same solidarity with them. The aac is dead, there really is nothing more to it than that and I for one am happy to forget about it.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There isn’t any other options for any of the teams in consideration now or for the forceable future. The option is a lesser AAC that will be declining or a better b12 that will be improving at the expense of the AAC. It is a very simple and obvious decision and there is no sense in posturing when everyone knows there is no other option and there are plenty of other options willing to take the spot if anyone was foolish enough to stay pat as their last official task at the job they just decided to get fired from for no apparent reason other than solidarity to other teams that do not have that same solidarity with them. The aac is dead, there really is nothing more to it than that and I for one am happy to forget about it.

Unfortunately for USF, if the AAC dissolves, it will be the 2nd best conference that we've played in. I can't believe I'm saying this but as Bulls fans we have a vested interest in seeing the AAC remain in tact. The collapse of the AAC would almost guarantee another demotion for USF and I would question anyone's fandom in favor of that scenario.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull Nut said:

Unfortunately for USF, if the AAC dissolves, it will be the 2nd best conference that we've played in. I can't believe I'm saying this but as Bulls fans we have a vested interest in seeing the AAC remain in tact. The collapse of the AAC would almost guarantee another demotion for USF and I would question anyone's fandom in favor of that scenario.

Conference Usa was far better than the AAC when we were in it as all of the best parts of the AAC as well as Louisville and TCU were in it. The aac as we know it is gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it and there is no sense in pretending it’s not falling apart simply because you think we may not make it to the other side. All effort should be spent on putting us in the best position to be chosen and if we aren’t we need to decide what we plan on doing about that but either way it’s happening. Also I think you are seriously overestimating how the average tampa and Usf fan feels about the AAC as we had larger crowds as an FCS independent and I’m pretty sure I could get a larger crowd to come watch us play most local high schools than we get to come watch whoever is in the AAC.