Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pretty much what I was thinking.  Except, if they add, how does that affect Texas and Oklahoma?  Doesn't that allow them to leave early?

Texas and Oklahoma are going to leave early anyway. I wouldn't expect them to be gone any later than '22 or '23 latest (Probably 23). They have huge SEC money to make and why would they continue to play in the Big 12 hurting their playoff hopes when they could buyout of the Big 12, and pay it off over the extra few years in the SEC. 

To me, there's literally zero chance Texas and OU remain in the big 12 by '23. So there's going to be moves made soon.... Michael Kelly has an even more important role now because we don't even have a president to enter the talks with him. We're just going to need to strap in and hope the Big 12 still likes us like 5 years ago and doesn't take these couple bad years of football into account too much. Also, hopefully they learned from the failure of a West Virginia experiment. Putting UCF on an island would be another disaster. I'm sure they'd like the Black Friday viewership...

Edited by MSBulls

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

If we get left out this round Tampa's growth is our only chance. With Water Street, Gas Worx, West River Revitalization, Midtown, Westshore's coastline rebuilding, etc. Tampa has a chance to grow substantially over the next 20 years. I don't think it's unrealistic to think Tampa is Seattle/Denver/Boston sized 20 years from now, and if so USF will accidently be selling out games based on how many people are here

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If we get left out this round Tampa's growth is our only chance. With Water Street, Gas Worx, West River Revitalization, Midtown, Westshore's coastline rebuilding, etc. Tampa has a chance to grow substantially over the next 20 years. I don't think it's unrealistic to think Tampa is Seattle/Denver/Boston sized 20 years from now, and if so USF will accidently be selling out games based on how many people are here

And there we go.... What do you think the Football Accounts aim of this is for?...... They know what they're doing. Let the games begin... (At least publicly begin)

Edited by MSBulls

1 minute ago, MSBulls said:

And there we go.... What do you think the Football Accounts aim of this is for?...... They know what they're doing. Let the games begin...

Glad they've realized it. I tell people I don't mind playing at Ray J instead of an OCS if Tampa blows up, Ray J is a great central location to Ybor/Channelside/Waterstreet/West Tampa Riverwalk/Westshore/USF/Brandon/Carrollwood

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Just in time for us to sink into the ocean

The feasibility study we did a few years ago had a section of the costs escalated to 2022: https://www.usf.edu/pdfs/football-conceptual-planning-study.pdf

That stadium would cost us 218 million for about 40k people.

If we got offered a spot in conference re-alignment for a promotion that was contingent on us raising the money to start construction on a stadium in 3 years do you think we'd be able to do it? If we couldn't in that scenario we're wasting our time thinking we'll ever be in the top level of college football

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Tampa is without question an emerging city (if not already there). Plus it has so many great features. Compared to all of those other town/cities up for expansion there is no comparison. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Tampa is without question an emerging city (if not already there). Plus it has so many great features. Compared to all of those other town/cities up for expansion there is no comparison. 

The question, though, may be the comparison between Tampa and the current cities of the conference(s) looking to expand

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The question, though, may be the comparison between Tampa and the current cities of the conference(s) looking to expand

Good point 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

The feasibility study we did a few years ago had a section of the costs escalated to 2022: https://www.usf.edu/pdfs/football-conceptual-planning-study.pdf

That stadium would cost us 218 million for about 40k people.

If we got offered a spot in conference re-alignment for a promotion that was contingent on us raising the money to start construction on a stadium in 3 years do you think we'd be able to do it? If we couldn't in that scenario we're wasting our time thinking we'll ever be in the top level of college football

Why don’t we move the campus to the stadium???  Feed the mayonnaise to the tuna!