That would sound more damning if our average wasnt .5 for that period 

Yep, not a good job on our part…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,609
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, not a good job on our part…

Do you think at some point we are going to come up with the first reason that being independent would be significantly worse than being in the AAC, that is actually supported by data? Usually it’s we can’t go independent because x we then look up the data on it and it seems like at worst a push (I’m being generous in the spirit of harmony). So if going independent is a death nail because of all of these reasons and then we look at the reasons and it seems to be at worst exactly the same as it is in the AAC I think that means we all agree that the AAC is the death nail that I claim it is and we probably should do something about it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Do you think at some point we are going to come up with the first reason that being independent would be significantly worse than being in the AAC, that is actually supported by data? Usually it’s we can’t go independent because x we then look up the data on it and it seems like at worst a push (I’m being generous in the spirit of harmony). So if going independent is a death nail because of all of these reasons and then we look at the reasons and it seems to be at worst exactly the same as it is in the AAC I think that means we all agree that the AAC is the death nail that I claim it is and we probably should do something about it.

No because our conference schedule is still better than the schedule of those clowns on that list. Regardless Puc, you do realize that USF is NOT going independent and your position is an exercise in futility. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No because our conference schedule is still better than the clowns on that list. Regardless Puc, you do realize that USF is NOT going independent and your position is an exercise in futility. 

I think we have already gone over the math on that first part and it is quite simply not true, which is sad. As for the second part some movements have impacts that are stronger than they should have reasonably expected to have by calling for something that would seem absurd and settling more towards the middle than anyone would have agreed to from the jump. I actually know that most institutional person we could have ever dreamed to hire is never going to do anything radical but that doesn’t change the fact we need something to change that seems to be more than coached and ADs. That’s probably not going to be becoming an independent but it’s a bit concerning that this far into it there isn’t a single solid data based reason why we should expect it to be worse than staying in the aac (I’m actually as shocked as anyone).

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think we have already gone over the math on that first part and it is quite simply not true, which is sad. As for the second part some movements have impacts that are stronger than they should have reasonably expected to have by calling for something that would seem absurd and settling more towards the middle than anyone would have agreed to from the jump. I actually know that most institutional person we could have ever dreamed to hire is never going to do anything radical but that doesn’t change the fact we need something to change that seems to be more than coached and ADs. That’s probably not going to be becoming an independent but it’s a bit concerning that this far into it there isn’t a single solid data based reason why we should expect it to be worse than staying in the aac (I’m actually as shocked as anyone).

Actually you haven’t proven anything. Your math relative to the quality of the American conference is incorrect. further, The AAC/(watered down Big12) is our home for the rest of your life. Suck it up buttercup. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually you haven’t proven anything. Your math relative to the quality of the American conference is incorrect. further, The AAC/(watered down Big12) is our home for the rest of your life. Suck it up buttercup. 

I would love to join the b12, vpmk should treat doing so like the life of our program depends on it. I’ll stay on the line and wait for the empirical evidence you have that shows AAC supremacy over independence but alas I am sure I will be handed another unsupported blanket statement or my personal favorite well sure if you try to use every independent I can’t support my position but if you take this single program in this single year on this single point you will clearly see the sky will surely fall. 

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would love to join the b12, vpmk should treat doing so like the life of our program depends on it. I’ll stay on the line and wait for the empirical evidence you have that shows AAC supremacy over independence but alas I am sure I will be handed another unsupported blanket statement or my personal favorite well sure if you try to use every independent I can’t support my position but if you take this single program in this single year on this single point you will clearly see the sky will surely fall. 

I’ll stay on the line and wait for the imperial evidence that going independent will work as well…you have shown an opinion and have no way of knowing if independent would lead to success. If there was even a sliver of that possibility independent schools would be greater than the six/seven that now exist. It’s a loser of an idea with zero financial viability. If there was a possibility then USF would have done at the time if the BE breakup. I’ll go with those in the administration who actually work the numbers. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll stay on the line and wait for the imperial evidence that going independent will work as well…you have shown an opinion and have no way of knowing if independent would lead to success. If there was even a sliver of that possibility independent schools would be greater than the six/seven that now exist. It’s a loser of an idea with zero financial viability. 

I do not have empirical evidence that it would work because spoiler alert there is no data for us as an independent in the current college football world , I do however have the evidence that being in the AAC does not work on any measure and that as a blended average of data from all the current independents of the reasons stated as to why being an independent would surely not work are at worst the same as what we have where we are. We can start over if you like or perhaps I can make a power point or faq you can click on when you wonder is being independent measurably worse than being in the AAC and you can once again learn that it is not on a single topic anyone has brought up thus far. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

I’d like to model not firing Leavitt followed by going independent as a successful BCS team. Dropping out of the AAC now is sort of irrelevant seeing what has happened to the program.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’d like to model not firing Leavitt followed by going independent as a successful BCS team. Dropping out of the AAC now is sort of irrelevant seeing what has happened to the program.  

Anyone know any Libyans?