Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not bad for an abandoned, bastard child of a program (that basically plays a schedule similar to ours, including many common opponents).

See above, please.

I did…I am glad we are NOT Mexico State. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I did…I am glad we are NOT Mexico State. 

You know there isnt even a single standard deviation between both of our schedules last season and that we are both in the same quartile, right? That's with them playing on the wrong side of the country, I would have to imagine we should be able to at least do marginally better than them here on the right coast. 

Just now, puc86 said:

You know there isnt even a single standard deviation between both of our schedules last season and that we are both in the same quartile, right? That's with them playing on the wrong side of the country, I would have to imagine we should be able to at least do marginally better than them here on the right coast. 

You are really going to perform a SD based on LAST year? Come on man…that ****** program has been bowling like once in 45 years…and that’s including a climate when almost everyone goes to a bowl game. We have done more in 25 years than they have done in forever.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are really going to perform a SD based on LAST year? Come on man…that ****** program has been bowling like once in 45 years…and that’s including a climate when almost everyone goes to a bowl game. We have done more in 25 years than they have done in forever.

Well ours seems pretty static around 80 in the mighty AAC, that a Joe nobody in the middle of a random desert who’s portion of the country has such powerhouses as no one can get a number close to that as an independent even a single time makes me just a bit more hopeful that we can draw a slate on par with the same lovable loser we have all grown to enjoy watching year in and year out.

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It. Ain’t. Gonna. Happen. No one likes to lose money especially when you don’t have a lot of it. I can see our schedule in Oct and Nov and the PR for it now: “come on down to Ray Jay and watch USF play Umass it’s going to be a good time.” Further, you will get two top P5 games a year and they will both be away. How exciting! But wait for it…there is more. You get watch USF basket play in that tremendous league called the Piedmont Midwest Conference. Good times for all! 
The AAC did not contribute to our fall it was USF Administration plain and simple. A late start, bad hires, and bad decisions overall.Last, unless we change our name to the Bucs the community will not by in…as they pretty much don’t now. 

Well lucky for us if you have -$9,000,000 or -$15,000,000 you possess the exact same amount of money and according to trips we aren’t a business and losing money is a-okay. Kind of **** of us to try to make up shortfalls by taxing the students for something that doesn’t matter…

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It. Ain’t. Gonna. Happen. No one likes to lose money especially when you don’t have a lot of it. I can see our schedule in Oct and Nov and the PR for it now: “come on down to Ray Jay and watch USF play Umass it’s going to be a good time.” 

We've only done that in 2018 as a member of the AAC.

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Come on man…that ****** program has been bowling like once in 45 years…

They're a basketball school.  😂

• Haha 1

Reading up on Mew Mexico State is pretty fun, but not as much fun as Coastal Carolina.  

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well ours seems pretty static around 80 in the mighty AAC, that a Joe nobody in the middle of a random desert who’s portion of the country has such powerhouses as no one can get a number close to that as an independent even a single time makes me just a bit more hopeful that we can draw a slate on par with the same lovable loser we have all grown to enjoy watching year in and year out.

Yeah, but they will keep losing…we will not. Sports are typically cyclical (yes, there are always exceptions), we will start winning this year and next year will be even better. Don’t be like my college students, have a little patience everything can’t be solved right away. 

59 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well lucky for us if you have -$9,000,000 or -$15,000,000 you possess the exact same amount of money and according to trips we aren’t a business and losing money is a-okay. Kind of **** of us to try to make up shortfalls by taxing the students for something that doesn’t matter…

I agree with you on the taxing of students…as a parent with a daughter in college I am not a fan. Again I don’t think being independent is sustainable financially. In terms of our current income, assuming we don’t win and win big, there could be a day of reckoning but hey that’s like worrying about dying someday.