Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Brad said:

It is safe to say they have better non-conference opponents than we have conference opponents.  Also humorous that they play a team we talk about adding to our AAC across America conference.  My only point is that schedule is not bad for an abandoned bastard child of a program.  Alabama and Kentucky haven't abandoned them.  Nor have our common opponents Utah State, Nevada, UTEP, San Jose State, South Carolina State and UMass.

star trek GIF

You must not follow our conference very well. We generally have two to three teams on the top 25. We almost always represent the P5 on NYD. Other than a few games (which they will get boat raced against) that NMS schedule is dog ****. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Brad said:

It is safe to say they have better non-conference opponents than we have conference opponents.  Also humorous that they play a team we talk about adding to our AAC across America conference.  My only point is that schedule is not bad for an abandoned bastard child of a program.  Alabama and Kentucky haven't abandoned them.  Nor have our common opponents Utah State, Nevada, UTEP, San Jose State, South Carolina State and UMass.

star trek GIF

Is this where Puc says "You're satisfied with not bad"?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Independents are the bastard child, other than the two previous schools mentioned the others won’t have a chance. Plus you want to load the schedule with big time schools which you are not going to win…just s reality. 

My only requirement is that they be not all AAC teams year in and year out because I think the market is pretty clear on where it values that schedule. I think we need a rebrand, freshness and some more name brands that don’t necessarily have to be world beaters ie Nebraksa, Tennessee etc.

The most important thing we need to convey is that this is a clearly new USF with a new plan trying to deliver you a product you may actually like and should it fail all of the sudden just like Coke bringing back the thing people thought they didn’t care for is seen as desirable. USF football has worked with the AAC to build a brand of being minor league and needs to work on the perception that a) we have heard the market b) we are doing something about it c) we control our own destiny and d) we are going down swinging and willing to do whatever ever it takes to be successful.

Whether any of those things are actually true has little to do with anything the important thing is to get people talking about us again and willing to show up at the games even if just for the novelty of it.

The AAC is going to be forever seen as the downgrade we were forced into and a contributing factor to our fall. I see no path where a large portion of the community buys into that this is the year the AAC finally stops sucking the life from us and becomes a positive. The easiest way to convince them that things are actually different and going to change is to separate ourselves from the league by any means possible.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I’m not trying to go independent and alienate the closest thing to an ally I have in this discussion, who would do that?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

We were dumb enough to start playing them again after we determined they were not in our interest and even bring them into a conference with us along with it, true package deals don’t let a silly thing like conference affiliation or best interests get in the way of the glory that comes from hoisting a prize as glorious as an I-4 road sign 

eyeroll.gif

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

eyeroll.gif

Yep you are right all of those other teams that had already negotiated their exits decided to operate in bad faith and open themselves up to liability by pushing hard for how the conference they weren’t going to be a part of decided to rebuild itself

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The AAC is going to be forever seen as the downgrade we were forced into and a contributing factor to our fall. I see no path where a large portion of the community buys into that this is the year the AAC finally stops sucking the life from us and becomes a positive. The easiest way to convince them that things are actually different and going to change is to separate ourselves from the league by any means possible.

The them you're referring to doesn't know, or give a ****, what conference we're playing in now, just that it's not one of the big ones. Going Indy, you'd have a schedule very similar to the ones we have now, two or three high profiles and the rest names that, to the community, will be interchangeable with the AAC ones so you're gaining nothing in that respect, and losing whatever revenue, and other things, that are tied to the conference.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The them you're referring to doesn't know, or give a ****, what conference we're playing in now, just that it's not one of the big ones. Going Indy, you'd have a schedule very similar to the ones we have now, two or three high profiles and the rest names that, to the community, will be interchangeable with the AAC ones so you're gaining nothing in that respect, and losing whatever revenue, and other things, that are tied to the conference.

Yep that’s it you have convinced me that we better not leave our failing in every way plan because that may lead to us failing in every way. Why bother trying in life because sometimes things fail and there is nothing you can do in life but stick to it and ride your fate to the ground until one day the sweet release of death finally puts you out of your misery. At least on your death bed you can reflect back on while you failed at least you didn’t try because that would be embarrassing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Not bad for an abandoned, bastard child of a program (that basically plays a schedule similar to ours, including many common opponents).

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Other than a few games (which they will get boat raced against) that NMS schedule is dog ****. 

See above, please.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My only requirement is that they be not all AAC teams year in and year out because I think the market is pretty clear on where it values that schedule. I think we need a rebrand, freshness and some more name brands that don’t necessarily have to be world beaters ie Nebraksa, Tennessee etc.

The most important thing we need to convey is that this is a clearly new USF with a new plan trying to deliver you a product you may actually like and should it fail all of the sudden just like Coke bringing back the thing people thought they didn’t care for is seen as desirable. USF football has worked with the AAC to build a brand of being minor league and needs to work on the perception that a) we have heard the market b) we are doing something about it c) we control our own destiny and d) we are going down swinging and willing to do whatever ever it takes to be successful.

Whether any of those things are actually true has little to do with anything the important thing is to get people talking about us again and willing to show up at the games even if just for the novelty of it.

It. Ain’t. Gonna. Happen. No one likes to lose money especially when you don’t have a lot of it. I can see our schedule in Oct and Nov and the PR for it now: “come on down to Ray Jay and watch USF play Umass it’s going to be a good time.” Further, you will get two top P5 games a year and they will both be away. How exciting! But wait for it…there is more. You get watch USF basket play in that tremendous league called the Piedmont Midwest Conference. Good times for all! 
The AAC did not contribute to our fall it was USF Administration plain and simple. A late start, bad hires, and bad decisions overall.Last, unless we change our name to the Bucs the community will not by in…as they pretty much don’t now. 

• Upvote 1