Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well you may like ours better, again I'd prefer playing P5 teams.  

I'm not advocating independence now, I'm just still looking for anything to back up your claims.

I think my major problem with independence is this belief that there are going to be a plethora of P5 games to be played. The likelihood is that this is going to diminish for all G5’s regardless of conference. I also don’t want to miss out in being a part of a 12 team playoff which will be much more unlikely as an independent.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

Not to detract from your explanation, but some suppose the 12 team playoff dies with the SEC vs PAc12/Big10/ACC situation.  I'd bet with that.  

As for UCF if it is the big game you call it, we could play them regardless of conference affiliation.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

They do have to earn revenue and that is a primary tenet of a business too.  Puc, would you like to redirect?

Absolutely, but the primary goal of a business is to make a profit for the owners ..... unless you're a non-profit/charity.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think my major problem with independence is this belief that there are going to be a plethora of P5 games to be played. The likelihood is that this is going to diminish for all G5’s regardless of conference. I also don’t want to miss out in being a part of a 12 team playoff which will be much more unlikely as an independent.   

I guess this must be what some are thinking but I think that is misguided.  We aren't Notre Dame.  As for comparing our 2021 schedule to New Mexico State's, while I don't think ours is anything to crow about, I also don't think it even a close call that ours is better theirs.  I have read where some pundits have rated NMSU last in SOS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not to detract from your explanation, but some suppose the 12 team playoff dies with the SEC vs PAc12/Big10/ACC situation.  I'd bet with that.  

As for UCF if it is the big game you call it, we could play them regardless of conference affiliation.  

If we were dumb enough to go Indy, they'd be even dumber to keep playing us ....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilverBull said:

I guess this must be what some are thinking but I think that is misguided.  We aren't Notre Dame.  As for comparing our 2021 schedule to New Mexico State's, while I don't think ours is anything to crow about, I also don't think it even a close call that ours is better theirs.  I have read where some pundits have rated NMSU last in SOS.

Agreed…thank you.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which is why due diligence is required. You reach out and say hey how would you like to play and then they say I have no interest or I would play under these conditions but we have no dates that match up and then you say well what if that wasn’t in issue any more would you be interested? And then when you have negotiated contingency contracts that are better and more financially successful than your current situation you remove the contingencies. Only a moron decides the first step of finding a job or starting off on their own is quitting their current job. You do the leg work in advance and then hit the ground running when you execute. The only step at the moment should be deciding this isn’t working and what can we control to change that. Nothing should be off the table then explore anything that’s out there which may very well not be independence but there is only one way to find out. If people think they cannot be successful here with what they have or that all factors of success are out of their control they shouldn’t be here. Being successful is a requirement, it should be expected and every single day people should be walking into work asking what it is that they can personally do to take us one step closer to success. Doing the exact same thing every day and just trying a bit harder isn’t the answer and saying that’s just the way it is we can’t do anything about it isn’t getting someone from the middle to the top no matter how hard they try.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Which is why due diligence is required. You reach out and say hey how would you like to play and then they say I have no interest or I would play under these conditions but we have no dates that match up and then you say well what if that wasn’t in issue any more would you be interested? And then when you have negotiated contingency contracts that are better and more financially successful than your current situation you remove the contingencies. Only a moron decides the first step of finding a job or starting off on their own is quitting their current job. You do the leg work in advance and then hit the ground running when you execute. The only step at the moment should be deciding this isn’t working and what can we control to change that. Nothing should be off the table then explore anything that’s out there which may very well not be independence but there is only one way to find out. If people think they cannot be successful here with what they have or that all factors of success are out of their control they shouldn’t be here. Being successful is a requirement, it should be expected and every single day people should be walking into work asking what it is that they can personally do to take us one step closer to success. Doing the exact same thing every day and just trying a bit harder isn’t the answer and saying that’s just the way it is we can’t do anything about it isn’t getting someone from the middle to the top no matter how hard they try.

So you have zero interest in playing in a playoff game…zero interest in seeing the olympic sports excel…ok, got it. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely, but the primary goal of a business is to make a profit for the owners ..... unless you're a non-profit/charity.

In which case you have a board and are expected to still balance your budget and accomplish KPIs and have roadmap to growth and improvement 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If we were dumb enough to go Indy, they'd be even dumber to keep playing us ....

I don't think we could get a game with them on EA College Football.

bowl GIF