Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s possible to dismiss every example as being different if you are requiring all schools of the handful of that exist currently  be exactly named Usf if they win and conveniently label anyone that isn’t winning as being the ones Usf will inevitably follow. What is more important than predicting what would theoretically happen in a different scenario based on the predictive model you select and the work backwards from is that we know what happens to us in the environment we are actually in and that it does not seem to work for us. You can’t get it because you are used to being steps behind, that’s your way, but we want to fly higher than an eagle and that’s not happening even when we win in the aac because it never lets sunshine on our face.

did-you-eat-peanut-butter-or-something-you-sound-like-28804199.png

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, SANJAY said:

It’s not the worst grouping we’ve ever been with.

We’re not back with Southern Miss.

Yet.

Your point is well taken and appreciated.  Unfortunately, there is EZU.........

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

Except historically independents have in fact fared better than our current situation and most present independents are doing better than we are.  That doesn’t sound exactly like a guaranteed death march as you predict. What seems to be becoming guaranteed is the negative impact being in the AAC has had on our program do you honestly believe in staying the course if we get to 100 years of this result? 50? 40? 30? 20? We are getting close to 10 and something has to give. Plenty of people decide to move on every passing season and it is getting down to the point where we can count each other rather easily while sitting in the quiet confines of Ray Jay. I believe we can’t simply be flippant about the Exodus and rely on trying to bucket the water from the boat when we would be best served by finding the hole and plugging it. For me the AAC has been the hole in our hull and if it’s actually something else I’m more than open to trying a different plug.

Our death March started BEFORE the move to the AAC…at least relative to to BIG TIME college football. The last few years of the BE were middling at best (check the records and the attendance). Is it worse now? Yes, of course. But don’t go believing that it was “all that” back in the day. A few cute seconds but not much more. We were screwed when football was not created in the 1960s. The bus left in the mid 1980s. The historical aspect of independents doing well is irrelevant in today’s college football world. Today, other than Notre Dane and perhaps Army (although they are small time), to be an independent is to be a loser…a bastard child that nobody wants. I would rather be in a current AAC than to be that. Going independent will do NOTHING to bring in fans, especially with four home games a year (where we get our asses kicked in week in and week out). You may say that that is already happening now but these games would be like Notre Dame last year, except it would happen 8 more times a year against the big boys. After a few years of that people will stop caring as well. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Our death March started BEFORE the move to the AAC…at least relative to to BIG TIME college football. The last few years of the BE were middling at best (check the records and the attendance). Is it worse now? Yes, of course. But don’t go believing that it was “all that” back in the day. A few cute seconds but not much more. We were screwed when football was not created in the 1960s. The bus left in the mid 1980s. The historical aspect of independents doing well is irrelevant in today’s college football world. Today, other than Notre Dane and perhaps Army (although they are small time), to be an independent is to be a loser…a bastard child that nobody wants. I would rather be in a current AAC than to be that. Going independent will do NOTHING to bring in fans, especially with four home games a year (where we get our asses kicked in week in and week out). You may say that that is already happening now but these games would be like Notre Dame last year, except it would happen 8 more times a year against the big boys. After a few years of that people will stop caring as well. 

So you are trying to say CJL is the only way to relevancy ? Fine you twisted my arm, I’m sold 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So you are trying to say CJL is the only way to relevancy ? Fine you twisted my arm, I’m sold 

No, not saying that all. The issue/problem has always been bigger than one coach. He could go undefeated this year and it may not matter to our relevancy playing in a power conference. 

35 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Which will further reduce out of conference games against the big boys. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

How different would we be had we gone independent after the breakup of the Big East?

The way you describe everything, it appears not much different.

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

How different would we be had we gone independent after the breakup of the Big East?

The way you describe everything, it appears not much different.

In my opinion, that is correct.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

58 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Big 12 schools right now. I think we have to hope they try and sit tight till 2025 because our football program needs at least 2-3 good seasons to get fan support where it needs to be

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Big 12 schools right now. I think we have to hope they try and sit tight till 2025 because our football program needs at least 2-3 good seasons to get fan support where it needs to be

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

This is our “best” case scenario. I still think at least three of the eight do find a home and then they backfill with five to seven. If it’s seven, we are a slam dunk with ucf. If it’s five, I still like our chances with a little Michael Kelly charm. Still, this new B12 Conference will not be a power conference (assuming that term will still be in existence) and only “slightly” better than the current AAC.