Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

53 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Out of the current 7 independents? It seems to be going pretty okay for Army, ND, BYU and Liberty and that by my math is better than half and much better odds than the only sampling I actually care about and that’s the fact there are zero USFs that being in the AAC has worked for after nearly a decade of this failed experiment. I like to bet on me and throughout college football history many independents have navigated those waters in order to achieve greater success. Honestly what do we have to lose? Afraid of failing? We seem to have demonstrated that’s just as easily accomplished as a member of the 6th best conference in all of football as it is as an independent. Also the wife thing was a hook, why would she want to leave me? I’m awesome 

Huh?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

22 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Huh?  

ab2926a4-d9ce-4bcb-abc1-04c2bb541db9_tex

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

@puc86 has become more obtuse and unable to pull the nose up at all.  It makes him hard to take for some.

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

It's one of his toughest seasons.  I understand.

I on the other hand am joyous that we have another season about to get underway whether we're in the P6.5 or not.

Let's play.

Go Bulls!

And now for a good conference rumor..

I am certainly having my moments but reasons to be positive

1) CJS is engaging and if we manage to win that’s better than the alternative

2) We want to run a more uptempo offense and that only makes sense with every data point we can draw upon of our success vs failure

3) We don’t say stupid things like we want to slow down our offense when it was the only thing working

4) We do not think we are going to get stud B10 lineman and win the battle of the trenches and want to run a more athletic line rotating frequently which is more in line with the reality of the lineman we have recruited and had success with

5) We play in the freedom state and actually have a pretty good chance at being able to attend every game this season if we so choose 6) We have been through hell and we still have fans passionate enough to support the team and maintain one of the last independent college sports message boards.

6) Our coaching staff is green so there is greater hope for growth than if they were established and still as lost as last season

7) Our academics are stronger than ever, the endowment grows continuously and these things are over all far more important to the university and historically a bigger factor in who gets to move up in life than who won last week

😎The event yesterday remembers who we are, where we came from, who got us there and that success isn’t driven by new locker rooms  or indoor practice facilities it is by having the right people in the right places with a can do attitude that recognize what they have more so than what they want to have.

Countless meetings I have told people we don’t need to come up with the thousands of ways we can’t do something because anyone can do that we need to focus on coming up with the one way we believe we can.
The man who says he can and the man who says he can not … are both correct. The biggest issue we have faced since the fall are coming up with and excusing away all the reasons we are destined to fail where previously we believed we could do anything and maybe it was naïveté but it actually worked even though the stadium started off worse, the fields were garbage, our lockers were in a place called the dungeon buried under the SunDome, we were independent, we dreamed of a day of having a depleted roster because we got people to come here without there being any roster and some how while lacking all the things that we currently have but aren’t good enough we managed to win. Let’s try that again and most things will resolve themselves in short order instead of trying to come up with a laundry list of reasons it’s impossible because the easiest way to build a winning culture is to start winning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Huh?  

You think we are better situated than either Liberty and Army? From a results perspective both will obviously be better this season than we could dream. Liberty is seeming to be building a pretty impressive athletics program and I believe finished in the top 25 last season and from a solvency standpoint our athletics in the AAC with a perpetual upside down budget certainly seems less stable than their independence.  So who faired better? Historically pretty much anyone that’s ever tried it including ourselves and currently pretty much the majority of people that are independent.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Out of the current 7 independents? It seems to be going pretty okay for Army, ND, BYU and Liberty and that by my math is better than half and much better odds than the only sampling I actually care about and that’s the fact there are zero USFs that being in the AAC has worked for after nearly a decade of this failed experiment. I like to bet on me and throughout college football history many independents have navigated those waters in order to achieve greater success. Honestly what do we have to lose? Afraid of failing? We seem to have demonstrated that’s just as easily accomplished as a member of the 6th best conference in all of football as it is as an independent. Also the wife thing was a hook, why would she want to leave me? I’m awesome 

40 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Huh?  

Yeah, I don't believe the wife part either...

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Brad said:

@puc86 has become more obtuse and unable to pull the nose up at all.  It makes him hard to take for some.

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

It's one of his toughest seasons.  I understand.

I on the other hand am joyous that we have another season about to get underway whether we're in the P6.5 or not.

Let's play.

Go Bulls!

And now for a good conference rumor..

I like Puc’s posts, they make me feel better about myself.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sellular1 said:

I like Puc’s posts, they make me feel better about myself.

My life is actually mostly fine and I have very little to complain about. If anything I am grateful for the opportunity USF athletics has given me because I enjoy ranting and it’s much more enjoyable when it’s about something that has no impact on your actual life than it is something that would impact your day to day.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Just now, puc86 said:

My life is actually mostly fine and I have very little to complain about. If anything I am grateful for the opportunity USF athletics has given me because I enjoy ranting and it’s much more enjoyable when it’s about something that has no impact on your actual life than it is something that would impact your day to day.

Was just joking… but I do enjoy your perspective on things and agree with a lot of it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

New Mexico State, Umass, and Uconn say hi…you would hate Army’s FCS schedule…Liberty? really? Their schedule makes the AAC look like the NFL. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

How are they different?  Did they go extinct?