Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not yet but from the knowledge gained from reading all of these possible scenarios, I am certain something will be happening soon or not at all, it will be big or inconsequential however don’t quote me on these latest projections, the situation is fluid with many moving parts.  

Well I guess with the outcome, we will all see if VPMK was the big time hire some of think he was at the time.  Although much is out of his control most likely.

Either way its Football season, and expansion or not, I'm Stoked!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We were a founding member, this abortion is 1/3 our fault. If my wife leaves me tomorrow (which is probably entirely likely) that’s not my fault (well it probably is but play along) but if I decide to go hogging because it’s the easiest and most convenient solution that’s my choice and if I decide to then marry a common **** pig because they are there that’s just dumb and even more unimaginable if I then do it multiple times over lowering my standards each and every time. Having a harem sounds like a good idea but not if you are going with the idea that 10 ones together equal a single ten.

Easily Puc's best post of all time

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Yes it’s tired but is it wrong?

It's wrong in the fact that apparently your argument is that a vast number of current people going to RayJay would prefer the current AAC to a morphed Big XII:

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

The average person leaving RayJay may not have a huge difference but if you poll the average person outside of RayJay the q rating on let’s say a Kansas vs let’s say an ECU is going to be 10x and since people currently willing to go to RayJay to watch the aac teams play are an outlier the best way to tap into the other markets is playing teams they have actually heard of and there is no way you can say facts be damned more people aren’t going to show up for WVU than every single **** team in the AAC simply because they did every other time. People are taking the in for a penny in for a pound approach to the AAC so they lie to themselves retreat to their sunken place and pretend it’s not that bad but walk into the stadium any given AAC Saturday and it’s pretty clear we need to "get out"

It's a dumb argument, even for you. Just because huge numbers aren't ******** and moaning about the AAC on a regular basis doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer to be in a better place.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

We didn't jump on the AAC bus. We landed on it when we were thrown out of the BCS ...

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We were a founding member, this abortion is 1/3 our fault.

So we didn't jump on the bus, we helped build the bus ..... and our only other options at the time were going the unicycle route in rush hour traffic or folding the program.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,622
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's wrong in the fact that apparently your argument is that a vast number of current people going to RayJay would prefer the current AAC to a morphed Big XII:

It's a dumb argument, even for you. Just because huge numbers aren't ******** and moaning about the AAC on a regular basis doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer to be in a better place.

That’s not my argument my argument is when people directly state that this is how they feel and that they feel the AAC is great and full of potential and that the average person cannot tell the difference between whoever is in this conference and Kansas, WVU and Baylor they are unequivocally wrong as demonstrated each and every week the Tampa market turns its nose up at the aac. We could literally make up team names and play the same random HS each week and it would not negatively impact attendance more than playing AAC team x.

4 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Consolidating the best remaining brands is the simplest and best description for what needs to happen in order to put yourself in the best position for the future. You want to be in the conference with Oklahoma St...not Tulsa. You want to be in the conference with TCU...not Tulane. You want to be in the conference with Iowa St...not Temple.

If the B12 adds the best available programs from the AAC, they will be the default #5 conference, ahead of the current AAC much less whatever remains of the AAC. What if the playoff proposal changes as a result of realignment and it is only the Top 5 conference champs that automatically qualify? You want to be in the conference that is considered #5.

You want to be in the conference that offers the better TV contract (with some consideration given to whether all or part of the conference TV contract is with ESPN).  All indications are that the remaining B12 plus the top two or four AAC teams would be worth about double what the average AAC TV payout will be over all 12 years of the AAC contract with ESPN.

**** I actually agree with all of this, it’s so simple even a knight gets it and they didn’t even receive a preeminent level education. Taking the best of all available creates the best situation for everyone that joins together, keeping the AAC together for sentimental value creates unnecessary weak links that drag down value and would only be suggested by someone that fears being left behind. There is no serious person that wouldn’t trade all of their current conference mates for the remaining B12 teams, now add the best of the AAC, Boise and BYU and this is the way to the greatest strength. For what reason could anyone come up with that the B12 teams would willingly downgrade conferences instead of building their own best of the rest conference they can hand pick?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So we didn't jump on the bus, we helped build the bus ..... and our only other options at the time were going the unicycle route in rush hour traffic or folding the program.

If my options are slowly being driven off a cliff surrounded by present company or navigating traffic on my own unicycle I would definitely start pedaling, at least when I die people would notice and I would die in better company here we are dying a slow and miserable death surrounded by the worst grouping we have ever had the misfortune of surrounding ourselves with. It makes me sad.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

On 8/17/2021 at 6:27 PM, USFFan said:

I know from reading that this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I don't personally think football games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State or Baylor are going to move the needle much more than most of the AAC schools do (once you get over any novelty factor). Odds are 1/3 of our fans couldn't even tell you the mascot or nickname of most of those teams or identify their logos if their lives depended on it. Even if a Big XII offer materialized, in the face of the AAC exit fees, Big XII entry fees and presumably reduced revenue at the start (for sure not getting a penny of the Texas and Oklahoma exit fees), in the face of trading the sixth best conference for the fifth best conference, I'm not sure whether the cost will be worth the trouble...

USFFan

I think the bigger aspect is going to be the expanded playoff if it actually happens.  The last few years have proven that no matter how perfect of a season an AAC team has they can’t breakthrough to the 4 team playoff.  Essentially the season means nothing but a crappy New Years bowl slot against a mediocre P5 team.  If/when the new CFP format gets implemented things get way more interesting.  

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s not my argument my argument is when people directly state that this is how they feel and that they feel the AAC is great and full of potential and that the average person cannot tell the difference between whoever is in this conference and Kansas, WVU and Baylor they are unequivocally wrong

And how many people do you think actually believe that? Again, you're arguing something that 99.9% of this board already don't believe. Stop saying "people" and say "that poster" ...

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We could literally make up team names and play the same random HS each week and it would not negatively impact attendance more than playing AAC team x.

Although more of your usual hyperbole, I agree with the concept. People going to games now are going to watch USF play, no matter who the opponent is.

Off topic quibbling with Kanigits moved here ....