Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

So since I don't pay attention to this thread, my question begs - Are we in a better conference yet?

Not yet but from the knowledge gained from reading all of these possible scenarios, I am certain something will be happening soon or not at all, it will be big or inconsequential however don’t quote me on these latest projections, the situation is fluid with many moving parts.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,621
  • Days Won:  255

12 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

2020 pages.  The worst year ever.

2021 is trying its best to change that 

On 8/17/2021 at 6:27 PM, USFFan said:

I know from reading that this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I don't personally think football games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State or Baylor are going to move the needle much more than most of the AAC schools do (once you get over any novelty factor). Odds are 1/3 of our fans couldn't even tell you the mascot or nickname of most of those teams or identify their logos if their lives depended on it. Even if a Big XII offer materialized, in the face of the AAC exit fees, Big XII entry fees and presumably reduced revenue at the start (for sure not getting a penny of the Texas and Oklahoma exit fees), in the face of trading the sixth best conference for the fifth best conference, I'm not sure whether the cost will be worth the trouble...

USFFan

It’s okay you are allowed to be wrong. The average person leaving RayJay may not have a huge difference but if you poll the average person outside of RayJay the q rating on let’s say a Kansas vs let’s say an ECU is going to be 10x and since people currently willing to go to RayJay to watch the aac teams play are an outlier the best way to tap into the other markets is playing teams they have actually heard of and there is no way you can say facts be damned more people aren’t going to show up for WVU than every single **** team in the AAC simply because they did every other time. People are taking the in for a penny in for a pound approach to the AAC so they lie to themselves retreat to their sunken place and pretend it’s not that bad but walk into the stadium any given AAC Saturday and it’s pretty clear we need to Warning Get Out GIF by reactionseditor

13 hours ago, gibbsak said:

My bad, I read it as there is no way the two schools don't move together.  I guess I should read more.

Of course there is a way because package deals aren’t an actual thing and actually fly in the face of how expansion teams have typically been selected 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

So since I don't pay attention to this thread, my question begs - Are we in a better conference yet?

Yes. We are in a conference with a preseason top 8 team. Been awhile since we've been in one of those ....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s okay you are allowed to be wrong. The average person leaving RayJay may not have a huge difference but if you poll the average person outside of RayJay the q rating on let’s say a Kansas vs let’s say an ECU is going to be 10x and since people currently willing to go to RayJay to watch the aac teams play are an outlier the best way to tap into the other markets is playing teams they have actually heard of and there is no way you can say facts be damned more people aren’t going to show up for WVU than every single **** team in the AAC simply because they did every other time. People are taking the in for a penny in for a pound approach to the AAC so they lie to themselves retreat to their sunken place and pretend it’s not that bad but walk into the stadium any given AAC Saturday and it’s pretty clear we need to Warning Get Out GIF by reactionseditor

eyeroll.gif

Just now, Triple B said:

200.gif

Yes it’s tired but is it wrong? No one would have to harp on it if people didn’t say silly things like “ I love the AAC and think despite the fact no one wants to watch it that it’s the bees knees and it comes with the added bonus of being at the forefront of social distancing. I think that despite any and all evidence this conference is stronger and more popular than actually stronger and more popular things and that if we just stick together things will get better”. Meanwhile a live look at our athletics program since jumping on the AAC bus430CF70F-C344-438F-8FB4-A8CD566F16CC.gif

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

our athletics program since jumping on the AAC bus

We didn't jump on the AAC bus. We landed on it when we were thrown out of the BCS ...

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  53

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

2021 is trying its best to change that 

You might be right!  

Just now, Triple B said:

We didn't jump on the AAC bus. We landed on it when we were thrown out of the BCS ...

We were a founding member, this abortion is 1/3 our fault. If my wife leaves me tomorrow (which is probably entirely likely) that’s not my fault (well it probably is but play along) but if I decide to go hogging because it’s the easiest and most convenient solution that’s my choice and if I decide to then marry a common **** pig because they are there that’s just dumb and even more unimaginable if I then do it multiple times over lowering my standards each and every time. Having a harem sounds like a good idea but not if you are going with the idea that 10 ones together equal a single ten.