Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,239
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, USFsurfer06 said:

I love this thread and the endless speculation, therefore I shall continue it :)

The only other AAU qualifier that makes sense from the Big 12 is ISU.  Yes, they are not good in anything right now but neither was Rutgers or Maryland at the time of their acceptance.  Plus the Big 10 would then own the state of Iowa and have a good rivalry. 

Iowa State is currently a top 10 ranked football program and their hoops is traditionally very competitive, even climbed to #2 in the nation in 2015.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Iowa State is currently a top 10 ranked football program and their hoops is traditionally very competitive, even climbed to #2 in the nation in 2015.  

But who is watching? 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But who is watching? 

I have a couple friends with ties to the University, so both of them and probably a half dozen others at most.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

I love this thread and the endless speculation, therefore I shall continue it :)

It's looking like KU to the Big 10 may be a possibility.  If that's the case the Big 10 will want to select 2 more to make it even.  The only other AAU qualifier that makes sense from the Big 12 is ISU.  Yes, they are not good in anything right now but neither was Rutgers or Maryland at the time of their acceptance.  Plus the Big 10 would then own the state of Iowa and have a good rivalry.  No Iowa is not huge but hey, owning Connecticut, Vermont, and Oriental Avenue is still valuable in Monopoly even though they are cheaper properties.  

WVU to the ACC just makes too much sense not to happen, then the ACC reserves the 16th spot for ND if they should ever decide.

That leaves TCU, Baylor, OSU, KSU, & TTU.

Poach BYU (yes I know all the issues that come with them) Boise State, Army, and your choice of Appalachian State or Coastal Carolina 

Create 4 pods of 5

NW Pod: OSU, Tulsa, KSU, BYU, BSU

SW Pod: UH, TCU, SMU, Baylor, TTU

NE Pod: Temple, UC, Navy, Army, Memphis

SE: Pod: USF, UCF, Tulane, ECU, (ASU or CCU)

Each team plays the other 4 teams in their pod plus 2 teams from each of the other 3 pods, leaving two out of conference spots on the schedule.  The top schools from each pod are then seeded in a 4 team conference playoff to determine the champ!

This would be fun!  

Navy wouldn’t allow Army of AFA to joint because that is two guaranteed ooc teams.

I guess we could swap ECU for APP State. I would still like to pick up at least three of the remaining five (ditch KSU and Baylor).

That puts us at 14, then add Boise and whomever else if you want to get to immediate 16, or wait until the ACC, B1G start making moves or getting poach and repeat the process with those scraps

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Navy wouldn’t allow Army of AFA to joint because that is two guaranteed ooc teams.

I guess we could swap ECU for APP State. I would still like to pick up at least three of the remaining five (ditch KSU and Baylor).

That puts us at 14, then add Boise and whomever else if you want to get to immediate 16, or wait until the ACC, B1G start making moves or getting poach and repeat the process with those scraps

Baylor just won the National championship in hoops, and they have great facilities so keep them, how do you go about ditching a program? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

It's looking like KU to the Big 10 may be a possibility.  If that's the case the Big 10 will want to select 2 more to make it even.  The only other AAU qualifier that makes sense from the Big 12 is ISU.  Yes, they are not good in anything right now but neither was Rutgers or Maryland at the time of their acceptance.  Plus the Big 10 would then own the state of Iowa and have a good rivalry.  No Iowa is not huge but hey, owning Connecticut, Vermont, and Oriental Avenue is still valuable in Monopoly even though they are cheaper properties.  

WVU to the ACC just makes too much sense not to happen, then the ACC reserves the 16th spot for ND if they should ever decide.

That leaves TCU, Baylor, OSU, KSU, & TTU.

Poach BYU (yes I know all the issues that come with them) Boise State, Army, and your choice of Appalachian State or Coastal Carolina 

Create 4 pods of 5

NW Pod: OSU, Tulsa, KSU, BYU, BSU

SW Pod: UH, TCU, SMU, Baylor, TTU

NE Pod: Temple, UC, Navy, Army, Memphis

SE: Pod: USF, UCF, Tulane, ECU, (ASU or CCU)

Each team plays the other 4 teams in their pod plus 2 teams from each of the other 3 pods, leaving two out of conference spots on the schedule.  The top schools from each pod are then seeded in a 4 team conference playoff to determine the champ!

This would be fun!  

I've said before I'm really warming up to the 20 teams with 4 pods idea.  My only adjustment might be a couple teams plus each year you play your pod plus all 5 teams in another pod on a rotating basis.  9 conference games allowing for seeing every team in the other pods at least every 3 years.  Done, make it happen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

Trip is there a way to find out how many Active Board members are still posting in this thread and what is the post count? 

Going to page 1 is like going in the wayback machine seeing all the posters of days past.

There's a little strip of info about the thread under the first post of each page but it isn't that detailed ......... and maybe it's only visible to staff. I don't know if there's a way to glean what you're looking for or not but maybe Brad does.

And agree that going back and reading some of the early pages is a delight ...

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

7 hours ago, USFsurfer06 said:

This would be fun!  

I also threw out this idea.  Not the exact pod bit, but getting 20 teams and having semi finals.  I think it would make for a cool conference.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I also threw out this idea.  Not the exact pod bit, but getting 20 teams and having semi finals.  I think it would make for a cool conference.

Time wise it’s almost impossible for a conference to have its own playoffs. Right now if there is a 12 team playoffs many conferences will start to eliminate the conference championship games. 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,498
  • Days Won:  0

The only teams that have value from big 12 are OSU and KU at best. Crap shoot otherwise.