Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,729
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Man, I would love to USF football that good again in High Definition! 

I’d be happy to watch them in black and white if they got that good again

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Big12 will probably add BYU and Houston then use their alliance with the PAC. Very doubtful the AAC will be adding Big12 teams. 

What exactly does the Pac gain from an alliance with the watered down Big 12? I still think the B1G is going to poach the top of the Pac 12 prior to the renewal of the Pac TV contract. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

What exactly does the Pac gain from an alliance with the watered down Big 12? I still think the B1G is going to poach the top of the Pac 12 prior to the renewal of the Pac TV contract. 

I think the alliance is better than nothing. I am sure their “perception” is two half’s of a used to be power conference (assuming a Big10 raid) is better than riding with a G5 conference. 

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  5,278
  • Days Won:  1

Unless the pac 12 is worried the sec or big 10 is coming for usc, Stanford, and/or Oregon I don’t see why they would add any big 12 teams. They could reach a scheduling agreement but that’s about it

😂😂😂😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂😂😂

If the Big12 wants to sub belt 2.0 let them. Then we should have officially past them and have earned spot as the top G6 team. Big 10 only wants AAU schools, so Kansas is all they are going to take from the little 12. If they won’t make an exception for ND, I doubt they take any of the leftovers.

clemson and fsu won’t go to the SEC. But the ACC might poach penn state or Cincy to compliment WV. Penn state would add more value I think. 

I think we can add schools, but we better get paid for adding these “traditional” schools. Maybe they will “legitimized” our conference?

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

If the Big12 wants to sub belt 2.0 let them. Then we should have officially past them and have earned spot as the top G6 team. Big 10 only wants AAU schools, so Kansas is all they are going to take from the little 12. If they won’t make an exception for ND, I doubt they take any of the leftovers.

clemson and fsu won’t go to the SEC. But the ACC might poach penn state or Cincy to compliment WV. Penn state would add more value I think. 

I think we can add schools, but we better get paid for adding these “traditional” schools. Maybe they will “legitimized” our conference?

Just not sure if any of those P5 schools want to call it a day and sink to our level…especially after being there for 15 years or more. They will fight hard to make sure it does not happen. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just not sure if any of those P5 schools want to call it a day and sink to our level…especially after being there for 15 years or more. They will fight hard to make sure it does not happen. 

Yup, but these midgets will still likely be incorporated by us. They will either come over and add value, if they’re proactive. Or be forced over and we will have to split our pennies further with these folks. I hope they slide over willingly and try to bring as much value as possible with them

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Yup, but these midgets will still likely be incorporated by us. They will either come over and add value, if they’re proactive. Or be forced over and we will have to split our pennies further with these folks. I hope they slide over willingly and try to bring as much value as possible with them

Time will tell but I got a feeling the AAC is not going to player at all. For sure, Aresco has his work cut out for him. 

KU may be finding a way out of the burning building.