Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,766
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm torn. How quickly the Big 12 and their partners forget poaching WVU and TCU from the Big East when it was fighting for survival. Talk about tortious interference! I wish nothing but ill on all of them. 

I guess we are all in the mucky muck.  Or maybe we are just sad because our string pullers appear to be more inept.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If ESPN can get this done, it will be amazing.  Big 12 TV value going down by the minute...they've made an enemy of ESPN.

Mike Aresco running laps around the B12 commish.  If for some reason we do go to B12, I hope he ends up the commish.

The fact AAC has ESPN firmly on their side is huge for AAC.  A poster on the WVU Big 12 board is claiming ESPN is trying to destroy B12, elevate AAC to P5 status, gut the B12 of 5 members and bring to AAC, and willing to pay a huge increase in TV dollars.

Don't know if true, just what was said.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,668
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm torn. How quickly the Big 12 and their partners forget poaching WVU and TCU from the Big East when it was fighting for survival. Talk about tortious interference! I wish nothing but ill on all of them. 

Exactly that would be my entire defense, you seemed pretty cool with it before but I guess that was because things were different back then and people only cared about silly like markets and not simply who won last week

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The fact AAC has ESPN firmly on their side is huge for AAC.  A poster on the WVU Big 12 board is claiming ESPN is trying to destroy B12, elevate AAC to P5 status, gut the B12 of 5 members and bring to AAC, and willing to pay a huge increase in TV dollars.

Are you sure about the last part though?   Why would it be in their best interest to pay us more?  I thought we exist to be cheap filler content on a dumb streaming thing.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Are you sure about the last part though?   Why would it be in their best interest to pay us more?  I thought we exist to be cheap filler content on a dumb streaming thing.

To get rid of their contract with the B12 apparently.  They are willing to significantly increase the AAC contract to get rid of the B12 contract.

According to some.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  491

10 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This is why I don’t get excited. ESPN needs the AAC for B material. They got a deal, they ain’t paying any more. 

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

To get rid of their contract with the B12 apparently.  They are willing to significantly increase the AAC contract to get rid of the B12 contract.

According to some.

I guess I don't know how the individual members of the B12 can guarantee that they are getting a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when they are dealing with absolute scumbags.  Unless I am reading the situation wrong.  Seems like their best interest is to hold everyone together and milk the contract, but I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is why I don’t get excited. ESPN needs the AAC for B material. They got a deal, they ain’t paying any more. 

Yeah they have to push their trash services.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  2,503
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not sure why we dont understand this. Paying one conference is less than two conferences.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,248
  • Days Won:  68

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is why I don’t get excited. ESPN needs the ACC for B material. They got a deal, they ain’t paying any more. 

If they dissolve the Big 12, they get rid of Fox and the big 12 contract and they would be willing to pay a little more to become a monopoly IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  491

13 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Not sure why we dont understand this. Paying one conference is less than two conferences.

We understand. Not paying the B12. Not increasing the per team payment to AAC.