Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,125
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

I agree. It's strong enough now to be in serious running for the NY6 bowl almost every year, if that's what's important, but like NEB said, they have to add a team to keep the ccg. Adding a football program with equal or more value/upside than UConn should be pretty doable ....

i guess but if your adding a team just for the championship game i would make sure it was the right school.

a championship game in aac isnt all that attractive

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, smazza said:

i guess but if your adding a team just for the championship game i would make sure it was the right school.

a championship game in aac isnt all that attractive

Come on man, know the facts. A championship game in the AAC guarantees a NYD bowl game. Without it the conference has zero chance. A championship game is part of the TV contract. Without it we get paid less. A championship game puts the conference on national tv. Without it we lose exposure and look like something less than the sun belt conference. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Or leave Tulsa behind and don’t give them a forwarding address.  We obviously need to add one the question is who,  I think the most viable candidate is Colorado State.  They don’t add much except decent travel location, new stadium, not much of a threat In any sport but decent fan base, legal ganja and really good microbreweries.

14 hours ago, JTrue said:

So they’re a western version of us minus the stadium and weed.

13 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Moe Greene got shot through the eye, hence the lack of vision.

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Ohhhh, that kind of vision ..... Aresco's eyesight is failing?

And you must have missed my question, though. Why does standing pat = death?

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

I wonder if their message board is calling for the MWC to raid the AAC ..... maybe likening their commissioner to Ray Charles for not already pulling the trigger.

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

A sedentary lifestyle leads to morbid obesity and  that will probably lead to diabetes and a host of other health issues

12 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Ok, now you guys are cracking me up ..... 🤣

It took 1,884 pages to finally have something worth reading on this thread.  :roflmao:  Posts like the above make the Bullspen entertaining.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Standing pat equals death because every year the AAC stands pat the P5 conference pull further away. Aresco need to kill the MWC - thus making the gap between the AAC and the woest P5 conference will be less than the gap between the AAC and the rest of the G5.

Again we differ on the melodramatics of the situation. You're talking about making the tallest "midget' a few inches taller but still a "midget" nonetheless. Standing pat or adding MWC teams pretty much equals status quo .......... unless you can show some concrete evidence that adding teams thousands of miles away will significantly benefit USF financially.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't accept the premise that "standing pat or adding MWC teams pretty much equals status quo". Adding teams from the MWC conference would:

• Close the gap between the AAC and the remainder of the P5
  • While simotaneously critically damaging our closest competitor
  • Allows the conference to renegotiate its television rights (more applicable if the majority of the AAC would break away with select members of the MWC to form a new conference)
  • Allow for a conference championship game
  • Expand our bowl inventory

If you think than none of this benefits USF and best positions the AAC, not just when we see the next round of realignment among the P5, but when the P5 looks to break away, then you just don't get it.

If you want evidence before making a move, then you don't understand responsible risk, but if it makes you feel better here is one analyist's take on what replacing UConn with Boise State would mean for the conference. To say that expansion is the status quo is just ignoring the facts,

Why hasn't anyone made an offer to Boise State before if this is true? Add them and SDSU and call it a day.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't accept the premise that "standing pat or adding MWC teams pretty much equals status quo". Adding teams from the MWC conference would:

• While simotaneously critically damage our closest competitor
  • Makes the AAC a virtual lock for the NY6 bowl game every year
  • Allows the conference to renegotiate its television rights (more applicable if the majority of the AAC would break away with select members of the MWC to form a new conference)

If you think than none of this benefits USF and best positions the AAC, not just when we see the next round of realignment among the P5, but when the P5 looks to break away, then you just don't get it.

If you want evidence before making a move, then you don't understand responsible risk, but if it makes you feel better here is one analyst's take on what replacing UConn with Boise State would mean for the conference. To say that expansion is the status quo is just ignoring the facts,

Spot on! 

54 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

• While simotaneously critically damage our closest competitor
  • Makes the AAC a virtual lock for the NY6 bowl game every year

If you want evidence before making a move, then you don't understand responsible risk, but if it makes you feel better here is one analyst's take on what replacing UConn with Boise State would mean for the conference. To say that expansion is the status quo is just ignoring the facts,

So your "evidence" is from a blog of a team most want to not invite to our new conference .... that's pretty funny. I really do appreciate the time you put into this role playing stuff but the bottom line is I've seen nothing from legit sources that the P6 would ever become a reality no matter who's in the conference. If the primary objective is to get USF into a P5 then the focus should be on USF totally getting their **** together to work towards that goal, not worrying about who is or isn't their conference mates. Again, I'm not that opposed to adding teams from out West but don't blow smoke up my ass by trying to tell me if we don't, we're dead.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Not sure how that will fly if the Big XII doesn't have to have 12 programs for a Conference Championship game.

Different rules for the rich and the poor.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I can't answer that question but I think trying to add Boise State, who has been difficult for the MWC, straight on would be a mistake. I think they should formally invite SDSU, Air Force and another MWC school. This would significantly weaken the MWC and in turn Boise State's negotiating position. I think they would then be motivated to get off of that shinking ship.

Hey guys, want to join a better conference and stick it to the pain in the butt team that has a special deal and thinks it is better than you? This is the kind of dirty hardball the AAC needs to engage in.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I was just simply responding to your reply about the AAC expanding not benefiting USF at all, and that it would just be the status quo. If you think that none of what I listed above benefits USF then I guess you should lay off this thread until that P5 invite comes.

The gist of what I said was that none of what you listed above happening doesn't = death. USF's future doesn't hinge on who is or isn't in their conference. You're just adding histrionics to this whole thing ....... which does, though, fit in perfectly with this thread.